Cake filling recipe needed (HELP!)

virginiamama

DIS Veteran
I just bought one of those rose shaped silicone pans (like a bundt pan but without a "post" in the middle) and I wanted to make a filled cake for Easter but I have NO idea what to use for the filling. I guess it would have to be something pretty thick so that the cake won't flatten out. The idea is to hollow out the cake, reserve about a 1 inch thick circle of cake, fill the cake and replace the circle of cake on the bottom. The host (my SIL) has requested that I bring a chocolate dessert. I figured I could always use icecream and freeze the whole cake, then maybe drizzle with chocolate sauce to serve, but that didn't sound all that exciting. Just a fall-back plan I guess. Any ideas??? TIA! Oh - pan also came with a 6-cup muffin "tin" of roses in case the ideas are for individual sized cakes.

Ooh Yum! I would say to make a sugar and glucose filled cake. Maybe cut off the bottom, and put fondon around all the sides, and then fill with chocolate!

found this on the disboards, haven't tried it yet, but maybe you could adapt it to fit your pan. sounds good.
Ho Ho Cake

1 3/4 c. flour
2 c. sugar
3/4 c. cocoa
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1/2 c. oil
2 t. vanilla
1 c. water, boiling

Sift together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Combine dry and liquid ingredients and mix on medium speed for 5 minutes. Mix in boiling water. Bake in a greased and floured oblong pan at 350 for 30 minutes (or be sure to test for doneness).

Filling

Mix well and cook 'til thick 4 T. flour and 1 c. milk. Cool. Cream together 1 stick softened margarine, 1/2 c. Crisco, 1 c. sugar, and 1 t. vanilla. Beat cooled flour mixture with mixer 'til creamy. Add to margarine mixture and beat 'til it looks like whipped cream (takes a while).

Use decorator tip (or cone made out of freezer paper) to force filling into cake. (Stick the tip right down into the top of the cake and squeeze the filling in. You'll do this all over the cake.) Cake will plump up and sometimes split, but frosting will cover.

Frosting

1 lb. confectioner's sugar
4 heaping T. Cocoa
3/4 c. Crisco

Heat some milk to almost boiling. Add to other ingredients slowly till it's the right consistency for spreading. *Note: You could use a boxed chocolate cake mix, but the homemade version is much, much better!!

sorry i don't know who this recipe belongs to, maybe they'll read this and let us know what they think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter