Cafe Mickey - reviews

I have ate in Cafe Mickey twice before but both time were Evening meals! This was our first Breakfast at Cafe Mickey Sep 09

We decided to do this breakfast option because we were leaving DLP to go to the airport soon and I thought it was the perfect way to end the holiday!

The breakfast itself is very similar to what you can get in the hotels, although I think hot food is available but i am not 100% sure as I usually have fruit salad and croissants...yum!!:lovestruc

The food is well laid out and you can help yourself....
S1052484.jpg

S1052485.jpg

We booked the 8am sitting but arrived shortly before this, there is also a sitting at 9am!
S1052487.jpg

first out was Mickey...
S1052495.jpg

followed by minnie - this is the first time I have seen her in cafe mickey..
S1052492.jpg

Chip and dale...
S1052497.jpg

Prince john..
S1052494.jpg

and goofy..
S1052500.jpg

there was plenty of time given to each table as there were not that many people in the restraunt.

S1052501.jpg

The only thing I would say about Cafe Mickey is if you have been once it's usually never as good as the first time with regards the character interation and the characters rarely change! The only other characters I have seen are gheptto, mr smee, captain hook, friair tuck, tigger once and pinocchio. You never know who you will get but having seen other reports and passing the cafe I have noticed the same characters are repeated a lot but if you don't mind this then it is a must!

I still love Cafe mickey and I thought breakfast would be great and because we were staying at hotel new york it was easy to get to:goodvibes

Weate here for lunch Sept 08 and loved it so much we were looking forward to going back, this time for breakfast.

TBH breakfast isnt worth the extra money as the character intervention isnt very good./ The food was buffet and consisted off the usual meats, cheese, pastries etc although extras were scrambled egg, bacon, sausages (very pink so did not dare touch these) and smoked salmon. Took DH ages to find a glass for some juice that was clean

Just after we finished eating DD pointed out there was a bird on table next to us, it was walking across the laid table including cutlery then flying around landing somewhere else. We told the staff they said it was fine, happens all the time, nothing they will do. We left and I dont think well eat here again as birds carry all sorts and who knows if they landed on the food, the cutlery is bad enough for me

We met Goofy, Prince John and Chip. Minnie made an appearance but didnt come to our table

We ate here on the 16th Feb, 2010, in the evening. We turned up 10 minutes early for our 7pm reservation, and were shown straight to our table, upstairs. The place was busy, but in a good way, so had a nice atmosphere. Both our boys were really excited, as we had such a good lunch here when we came in 2007. After a quick look through the menus, the boys decided on pizza for one, and the Mickey burger for the other. They were much more interested in playing with the spiro-graph toy, which was the restaurant toy! My wife chose the Pinocchio pasta, and I had the Geppetos pasta. The food came quickly, with the only down side being that the pizza our eldset had was a basic 10" one. Would it be to hard to make it Mickey shaped? The burger was Mickey shaped, and our youngest was very pleased with it. Both pasta's were very nice, with nice big portions. I was quite impressed with the amount of meat balls in my pasta, very meaty, with a lovely tomato sauce, but not too tomato-y. The boys had the pudding buffet, whilst I had the coffee and small cakes, which was perfect after such a big portion of meatballs! My wife had the creme brulee, which she said was perfect! We paid for all this using the free dining vouchers in part payment, and only had to find an extra €27.

Now the main reason we came here was for the character interaction, of course! We had Mickey, Pluto, Smee, Chip, Dale, Prince John and Stitch all come and say hello! The boys (10 & nearly 7) both loved it! What was even better, is that staff and characters put a little show on, playing some rock and roll music! There is a raised section in the middle of the upstairs area, where some staff and characters got up and started singing, dancing and clapping with the music! What was even better was that they got the kids up there two! Our youngest got up on the raised bit and was clapping and dancing, whilst our eldest was playing air guitar with Smee!! Absolutely brilliant, and really made the evening!

We (family of 5 - 2 adults, 3 kids ages 7, 4 & 2 ) ate here yesterday lunchtime, we originally wanted to have dinner on Wed evening but when I went in to book on Monday I was told it was fully booked each day and the only time available was 12 midday thursday(our last day) - the english girl on reception knew this without even looking - amazing, I had promised to take our 4 year old here and she was so excited, so we took it!

None of us are massive eaters and seeing as it was lunch time and we'd had breakfast in the park at 8:30 we just ordered 2 pizzas and 5 drinks, the server seemed very surprised but she immediately brought out the drinks - kids drinks were in the special Cafe Mickey cups and they also got a mini Spirograph each, the food also arrived very quickly, we had 1 margherita pizza and 1 with ham , mushrooms and onion - i wasn't expecting the onion to be raw but it was ok, husband didn't like it but he just chucked it off, the basic pizza was fine but the one with toppings on could have been cooked a little longer as some of the cheese wasn't melted. After a few minutes the first character arrived - Prince John and our little one was terrified :sad1: she was very scared and started to cry - the older two were quite happy to have photos with him though, we didn't get too much interaction with the characters because of this which was fine - they still came over to our table for photos, we saw Goofy , Pluto - very funny he 'ate' son's head, mickey, chip and dale and of course prince john - luckily Hook wasn't there as I don't think she'd have been too keen :scared1:

None of the kids had eaten much so hubby asked the waiter for a dessert menu for the kids - the (very kind) server said that they could have the desert buffet even though they didn't have the kids set menu - they were very happy with this and son (7) chose a choc mousse, mini smarties, Gervais yougurt drink and some mickey sweets, daughter (4) had a mini donut yougurt drink and smarties and the baby(2) had apple puree and some smarties.

It was very very hot inside and so we decided to make a move and get back to the parks, so we asked the waiter for the bill - it came to 46.50 euros, I gave him 60 euro worth of vouchers and he handed me one child voucher back 'for next time' when I checked the receipt later on he had only charged for the 2 pizzas and 2 adult drinks.

We had a good time here - very friendly staff and lots of fun, i had a look around and the food did look delicious esp the fantasia mushrooms and steak.

I have some photos of the characters but not sure how to put them on.

We ate here on the last night of our trip on March 3rd and it was my favourite restaurant by far! Arrived at 10 mins early for our 6.30 booking and were seated by 6.30. It was pretty quiet when we arrived but soon filled up. We were seated upstairs and within 5 minutes of being seated the characters started coming to the tables. We met a total of 12 characters in all some came around twice and all posed for a few photo's and signed the autograph book. It was quite noisy but didn't spoil anything. The first character we met was Dale the chipmunk who signed DD's book and then drew on her nose with the pen! He then tried to give DD her fathers beer causing more laughs! Later on he came back and started feeding DH!!!

IMG_1939.jpg

The food was good. DD had Pizza and ice cream from the childrens menu. She also had a spirograph toy to play with and got to keep her Cafe Mickey beaker that she had her drink in. We ate from the set menu which was 30 Euros. We both had garlic mushrooms to start. Beware of the whole bulb of garlic that comes with it!

IMG_1955.jpg

I had the fish and chips which was lovely and DH had Lasagne. For dessert DH had Snow White's apple pie and I had Captain Hooks Creme brulee which again was lovely and heaven knows how I managed to eat it all!

IMG_1962.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

The atmosphere was great and the characters took there time visiting the tables I was just as excited as DD everytime someone new came along!!! The highlight had to be when they all started singing and dancing towards the end of the night. They did this both up and downstairs so we didn't miss out on anything. The waiters/waitresses were great and all spoke good English which was very helpful. We were there just over 2 hours and were not rushed to finish our meals. We used our free meal vouchers at face value towards the meal and ended up paying 45 Euros but that was including 2 drinks each as well (and pints of lager are not cheap!) We will definitley visit here again on our next trip

IMG_1981.jpg

We ate in Café Mickey on the 16th March and thoroughly enjoyed our meal and time here. For the price of the meal, the service, food and character interaction was well worth the money.

2pq5bo0.jpg

The only down point I have about Café Mickey is that the characters can be a big distraction for the children, which in turn, makes the meal very disjointed and disturbed. Every few mins we had to stop eating, put the camera on, get the autograph books ready, get autographs, take photos, and film a bit on the video camera. By the time you start eating again, another character comes along which the children wanna meet and it starts all over again! But the kids enjoyed it and we decided to eat there as we wanted to meet the characters so I guess I can’t complain! Just don’t expect a quiet, relaxing meal here, because you won’t get it! Especially with kids in tow!

4di8g.jpg

We had a table upstairs, right near the dessert buffet, which turned out to be a perfect position, as the characters always had to pass us to get to other parts of the restaurants, so we got to meet loads as they passed us.

2f0cf90.jpg

We again had meal vouchers to use here, but as we only had standard vouchers, we had the pay the extra on top.

1p9fd0.jpg

We all ate from the set menus, but still paid about 35euros on top of our vouchers, so the bill was roughly about 95euros, for 2 adult set meals, 2 children set meals and 2 cokes (as the adults meals don’t come with a drink)

35n3hqw.jpg

Unfortunately in the chaos of meeting characters and eating meals, I forgot to take piccies of the starters for the adult meals and the children’s meals and desserts.

219qdg0.jpg

After taking our orders and bringing over our drinks, they brought over some bread and butter, this was much needed as we were starving and soon got stuck into the lovely fresh bread!

wvd9i0.jpg

For our meals…

The kids had:

Jack – Meatballs and Disney pasta, followed by the dessert buffet, which he had doughnuts, jelly, sweets and yoghurt.

Dylan – Chicken fingers, vegetable sticks and Disney pasta, followed again by the dessert buffet where he had pretty much the same as Jack.

My meal:

I had the Caesar salad for starter, which was really nice, though the croutons were pretty soft. But it was still really nice and I love Caesar salad so I know I would enjoy it.

For main I had Genie Spaghetti, which was pasta, artichoke, pine nuts, sundried tomatoes, parmesan cheese and a creamy pesto sauce….this was gorgeous!! I really enjoyed this and ate every last bit! Jaime however tried a bit and thought it was horrible! He must have something wrong with his taste buds because I thought it was yummy!

18lrbm.jpg

For dessert I had Snow White’s apple pie. I had seen the Crème Brulee on the menu and usually would have had this as it was my fave, but wanted to try the apple pie, to try something different and new. If I am honest I wish I hadn’t and wish I had stuck to the crème brulee. The apple pie was ok, but nothing special. I was expecting it to be thicker and more of it, but it was really thin and the pastry was very tough. Jaime had the Crème Brulee so I spent the whole dessert time looking at his wishing I had chosen the same!! I am glad I tried the apple pie, but will stick to what I like next time and have the Crème Brulee!

2q1xidh.jpg

Jaime had the Lilo & Stitch tomato soup for starter, which he said was really nice, but there was a lot of it, so he felt pretty full after it.

Jaime chose the fish and chips for main. Jaime loves fish and chips and he said he would have it at least once on the holiday! He said it was gorgeous! He quickly demolished it! Lol

sxdveg.jpg

He followed his main with the Crème Brulee I wish I had! Again this was gorgeous and he licked the plate clean….literally! lol

15xlv86.jpg

We saw loads of characters whilst eating our meal and had lots of funny moments, which were really entertaining, one being Minnie Mouse getting rather amorous with Jaime!! The cheeky mouse then asked me to takes photos of her kissing my husband to be!! She’s a cheeky one that Minnie!!

14defyf.jpg

Also some of the characters took great delight in pushing my Minnie ears off my head when they walked passed me, which the kids thought was very funny!

The one the kids really wanted to see was Captain Hook, but he didn’t appear where we were seated upstairs. I had seen him previously downstairs when we came in to be seated, so I knew he was about. It came to the end of our meal but we still hadn’t seen him and as I didn’t want 2 disappointed children I knew I had to find Captain Hook!! I spoke to the CM who had been serving us for the meal and asked if Captain Hook would be coming soon. She wasn’t sure so went off to ask and soon came back to explain he was downstairs and would be up in 15 mins. But in the meantime she had found Smee and brought him right to our table!

25jw094.jpg

After photos and autographs with Smee, we decided not to hold the table up anymore and went downstairs to see Captain Hook, we managed to get photos and autographs before we left. All in all a great meal!

29d7803.jpg

we ate here twice on our march trip and the two visits were like night and day. ( lol just realised that yes they were night and day!!! )

Our first visit was on monday 15th of march at 6.30. We had to wait a while to be seated. we were then showed upstairs. The place was heaving and very noisy. It was a bit uncomfortable to be honest. My mam had the fish and chips and i had a pizza which i shared with ash. Ash didnt eat much and was waiting and waiting and waiting some more for characters. I had the woodies campfire chocolate cake for dessert and it was really nice. We were there for almost two hours and we only saw two characters. I had a headache by the time i left and ash didnt want to leave without seeing pinnochio who had been around the other side of the restaurant twice already. When i asked i was told he would be coming to our section in a minute but he didnt just as most of the other characters didnt.

We ate here again on friday 19th of march at 12.00

We were one of the first to be seated. I had genies spaghetti, my mam had fish and chips and i just ordered a plate of chips for ash as she didnt want anything else.

My mam loves the fish and chips and i had some and it was lovely, i think i might order it myself next time. The spaghetti was ok i dont think i would get it again but i did eat it. Ash ate most of her chips but i was charged 5 euros for them!!! This time we saw six characters. They spent loads of time with ash and we had loads of interaction.

We love cafe mickey but i think we will stick to lunchtimes from now on

Our Cafe Mickey lunch experience was much the same as yours. We booked for noon on Thursday 24 March. We were seated right away and Pluto and Minnie came out soon after. Mickey, Chip n Dale, and a couple of others (King/Prince John and a monk kinda guy who we don't know!) came out. Most spent lots of time with ds and dd but I was a bit disappointed with Mickey. He waited about 2 seconds for a photo and practically dropped dd and ran away!

The food was lovely if expensive, we used 3 adult dinner vouchers towards the bill. We spend a good 1.5/2 hours here and I thought it was well worth the extra e30 we had to pay. Would go again but would stick to lunch time again. It was really busy by the time we left and I'm not sure we'd have had the same amount of time with the characters if it was busier.

We (2adults and 2 children) ate here on May 26th at 10pm (only time availible)

The girls ate off the kids menu and had chicken sticks with fries and the pasta both followed by a dessert buffet. Their meals were lovely although they had a bit of a wait for dessert as our waiter was busy flirting :laughing:

I had the baby ceasar salad (€8.10) which was really yummy but maybe a bit too garlic laden for some (i loved it) followed by a ham and pineapple pizza, very nice (€19) and the coffee gourmand (€6.50). I also had the green paradise cocktail (€7.50) which was very nice

DF had the fantasia garlic mushrooms (€7.50) which she wasnt too keen on as she thought it woud be cover in breadcrumbs, followed by a pepperoni and mushroom pizza (€19) which was ok and fries and then the profiterole for dessert which she also wasnt keen on, the mint sorbet and dark chocolate sauce was at odds with the profiterole. she had the rose cocktail (€7.50) which she enjoyed.

The total cost was €112 but we only paid €37.50 with our half board vouchers. over all the food was good - bar a ew wrong choices but the charactor interaction was the best part. The girls and ourselves loved the whole atmosphere and we saw mickey, minnie, goofy, pluto, captain hook, the genie and tigger. its well worth the price for the charactors alone.

We ate here on Tuesday 18th May. I had made the reservation a week before for 6.30pm as a surprise for Ami's birthday. We arrived about 15-20 minutes early and were seated upstairs by 6.20pm.
We were the second group to be seated and Chip and Dale were already running around the place! Our food orders were taken quickly and it arrived within 10-15 minutes. I had the carbonara, which was good. One person had the turkey escalopes, which she said were just okay. Can't remember what the other two had.

Character interaction was fantastic! I was a bit worried about this as we were a group of young adults.
We told Mickey it was one of group's birthday and he conducted us whilst we sang happy birthday and gave her lots of special birthday hugs and kisses.
Minnie made a big fuss of James and every time she walked past she'd play with his hair. :laughing:
We had also ordered a birthday cake for Ami and even though there was no sly way of mentioning this to our waiter as they did not seem to know anything about it, they made a big fuss about it. Because they weren't ready for it they got Ami up on the stage area between the two seating areas to dance to Respect. She had a lot of fun doing this and loved the attention! Our whole side of the restaurant were clapping along. :thumbsup2
The cake came out about 20 minutes after and along came Mickey and Mr Smee to dance around Ami and give her yet more birthday fun! This time everyone on our side of the restaurant sang happy birthday too!
We were in there until 8.30pm and were never felt rushed to leave.
In total we saw Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Mr Smee, Chip and Dale, Eeyore and Stitch. The only one we missed was Donald (Ah phooey!) who was just making his way round to our side as we were getting ready to leave.
All in all, it was fabulous! And I would not hesitate to take anyone there for a birthday, a great time was had by all! :cloud9:

Here's some of our pictures:
30264_398524672727_592962727_404617.jpg

30264_398524702727_592962727_404617.jpg

30264_398524727727_592962727_404618.jpg

30264_398524777727_592962727_404619.jpg

30264_398524802727_592962727_404619.jpg

30264_398524922727_592962727_404621.jpg

30264_398525012727_592962727_404622.jpg

30264_398525042727_592962727_404623.jpg

30264_398525157727_592962727_404624.jpg

30264_398525177727_592962727_404625.jpg

:goodvibes

This was our last meal of the trip. The kids loved the atmosphere and the characters. Adults had steak which was divine, just like butter. On a downside there wasnt enough on our plates. I felt let down but I suppose you pay for the characters. If you go, dont be seated where we were over looking the lake on the top floor. The characters take too long to get to you. At least 2 families complained while we were there because of this.

i forgot to meantion, we were joined by a real life mouse during dinner.. cue screaming ladies who jumped on the tables :lmao:

we ate here on the second night of our trip, i had thought about saving it for the last night but was glad i chose to go for it at the beginning as
a) the kids would have been too tired later in the week and
b) we got loads of characters in our autograph books and didn't then have to worry about queuing to see them in the parks
the cost of the food meant it was a real treat to eat here but we were not disappointed. yes 15e is expensive for a kids pizza and an ice cream but when you factor in the enjoyment they get from meeting the characters it is well worth it (they also get to keep the plastic cup!)
the adults food was again pricey but the portions were big, my husband had the burger which was huge and i had pinocciho's pasta which was very tasty and there was plenty of it.
we booked for 6.15pm and were seated upstairs, the characters were already out and they kept coming thoughout the meal, we saw tigger, rabbit, eeyore, mickey, minnie, stitch, pluto and baloo. they all spent time at each table and were great with the kids. we cetainly weren't hurried with our meal and didn't leave unitl 8.15pm (think that's the longest the kids have spent in a restaurant, they are usually fidgeting to go once they have eaten!!)
i would definately recomend eating here!!

Slightly disappointed with this one. We booked in advance an early spot for our daughter's birthday. The waiter was a bit off and not very attentive, even though the place was not yet busy. Found it a bit rushed and not very personal.

Food: a bit bland and boring. Nothing special.

Service: poor. The waiter also failed to tell us he was bringing out her birthday cake & I had no time to get the video rolling, even though I had cameras on table. We only had Dale for her birthday singing, although they had quite a few other characters around. It's supposed to be a place geared for kids but it's ran like a three-ring circus. Disappointing.

Characters: as always, the ones that came by were nice. Cannot complain too much on that part. However, the ones at Inventions are miles better.

Setting: had birthday reservation, mixed ours up with another family?? We got stuck in between tables and found it very difficult to move. The view of the balloon was lovely, though.

Overall, not quite worth the hefty prices. The management would not let us use our Shareholder's and vouchers, so paid with Shareholder's only, which worked out better. We would NOT go back, especially since there are much better character restaurants around!! ;)

Here is my experience of Cafe Mickey in September 2009 (copy-pasted from my trip report on magicforum)
We had booked to go to Café Mickey at 8pm, so we got ready and made sure we were there 5 minutes early. There was a huge queue outside the door, but because we had booked we walked straight up to the door…only to be told that the queue on the right was for those who had booked. I found this pretty bizarre, but we waited all the same. It was 8.25pm before we got a table, we didn’t complain but many others who had made bookings did. I work in the restaurant trade and I was pretty annoyed about this system – they are obviously overbooking, and they need to realise that when you book for a certain time you don’t expect to get in nearly 30 minutes later.

Anyway, once we got in we quickly forgot about the wait thanks to all the characters! We were sitting upstairs, but on the way to the table we spotted Stitch, Rafiki, Pluto, Tigger, Mickey and Pinocchio. Later on Chip and Dale made an appearance too.

We were using our half board plus vouchers for their cash value, which the waiter told us was 26 euro each – pretty good considering the current exchange rate! So we ordered from the Mickey Menu which is 30 euro for 3 courses. Just after ordering some very loud music started (Aretha Franklin’s Think – random we thought!) and the waiters dragged us and two other young girls up onto a bar top to dance! We were really taken aback but just had a laugh and enjoyed it.

Things took a strange turn though, we noticed the waiters hanging around our table a lot, checking on us far too often etc. We were having a bit of a joke about it but when I got back from the loo before our mains arrived, my sister was pretty freaked out. Three of the waiters had come over to her and said they wanted us to go out dancing with them that night. At only 16, she isn’t used to this and didn’t even answer them poor thing. After our mains the same three came over again and asked me if we were coming to Paris with them. I made it quite clear we didn’t appreciate their advances lol, and they disappeared sharpish when I told them my sister was only 16.

Looking back, I was probably more annoyed about this than I should have been but we were just totally immersed in the Disney magic and getting chatted up was the last thing we were expecting. If we had been in Ibiza it would be par for the course, but in Café Mickey?! I just think it’s totally inappropriate.

Anyway, moving swiftly on! The food was hit and miss. For starters, my sis had soup and I had Caesar salad – very nice. Mains were the slightly disappointing bit, sister said the fish and chips were okay but I didn’t really enjoy my pasta, it was very bland. The desserts made up for it though! The crème brulee was out of this world, and my sister enjoyed the chocolate sundae.

The real experience here is the characters. We were so chuffed to get so many, and they were really interacting with everyone. Rafiki took a bit of a shine to us!
102_3154.jpg

Stitch was laughing at me for asking for his autograph…
PICT0150.jpg

And we met Mickey AGAIN! You can never get too much Mickey…
PICT0160.jpg

The experience with the characters makes it worth every penny…just watch out for the waiters. (this one dancing with Stitch was a nice one, not a creepy one lol)
102_3159.jpg

Having eaten here on our last two trips we were going to give it a miss but found ourselves outside at 5.30 pm on our first evening and, noting the lack of queue, opted to pop in and see if they had a table on the off chance. Were seated straight away on the ground floor right next to where the character come out.

We know from past experience that the full on Cafe Mickey expereince can take well over two hours and as we'd been up since 4 am that morning, decided to skip the set menu and just order a main course.

True to form the first character, Mickey, appeared bang on 6pm, just after we'd ordered. He was closely followed by Pluto, Goofy, Minnie, Mr Smee, Eyeore, Captain Hook, Rabbit, Tigger and Stitch.

The food was ok, OH had the steak which was very small for over 20 euro (especially when compared with the piece of meat we were served a couple of days later in Walts which was twice the size for the same price) and I had the Seafood Pasta which was quite nice.

The children had pizza (which wasn't shaped liked Mickey as I'd expected) and chicken pieces. They didn't eat much but that may have been down to a combination of a long day and the distractions of the characters rather than a reflection on the food.

The character interaction was really hit and miss. Some we couldn't get rid of, some missed our table all together which was really dissappointing after we'd watched them do the whole room.

Meal came in at 100 euro including drinks for the four of us.

In summary, if you are only going to do one charater meal and can stretch to Inventions, give Cafe Mickey a miss and go there. Not as good for us as it has been in past years.

We ate at cafe mickey on our last day of the holiday Thursday 26th August. We had pre purchased the character lunch vouchers and found out on arrival these did not include a drink for the adults. There was me, my hubby, 2 son's (9 & 11) and our daughter (5). We had booked for 12pm (the earliest time poss) as we had to be on our way home by 2.30pm at the latest.

On arrival we were quickly seated downstairs in the middle of the room. The waitress showed us the set menu from which we could choose using the vouchers. We both chose garlic mushrooms, i chose the fish and chips and hubby had steak with pepper sauce, then i had creme brulee and he had the choc fondant. Kids had the chicken fingers with fries and cheesebuger with fries. We only took a photo of the burger, in fact this was the only pic we took of food at all!! We will know better next time ;)
IMG_4073.jpg

We hadn't been waiting too long before Mr Smee arrived and we had a laugh with him about Captain Hook and tic toc.
IMG_4069.jpg

We then met both chip and dale who kept tickling the kids while we tried to take the photo.
IMG_4078.jpg

Mickey arrived soon after and we had another photo with him. I was hoping minnie would also appear as we hadn't yet managed to meet her so was very pleased just as we were finishing our main courses to see her appear round the corner! The fish and chips were quite nice although I don't think I was hungry enough to enjoy it really. My hubby said the steak was very tender, so it must have been good as he is v fussy about his steak.
IMG_4070.jpg

Around the time our desserts arrived Pluto appeared so we gave him a hug again. We did have good character interaction but it just wasn't the same as when we ate in Inventions a few nights earlier.
IMG_4071.jpg

My creme brulee was very nice but too huge and my hubby and our daughter loved the chocolate fondant so I would def have that next time. The children could choose from the dessert buffet or have an ice cream in a tub with strawberry sauce. There was doughnuts, marshmallows, chocs, sweets, vanilla ice cream and chocolate cake to choose from.

We had to pay for our 3 drinks and left a good tip as the waitress was very helpful and prompt. I would recommend cafe mickey but if I had to choose between this and Inventions I would be definitely running off in the direction of the pink palace!!!:rotfl:

I also ate here on the 26th though we went at 7pm (during the monsoon!).

As ever it was brilliant (but very noisy!). My mum joined us on this day as we were celebrating my sons first birthday. She was a bit shocked at the prices as she isn't used to Disney. E25 is a lot for a burger even if it is very nice!

We saw Chip & Dale, Eeyore, Smee, Hook, Stitch, Pluto and Mickey.

We got a birthday cake for Ben and fortunately it came when Mickey was out so Mickey wished him a happy birthday and danced with him.

The meal really was perfect in every way. We took our time as the rain was very heavy outside and there was lightning and thunder. It made for quite an impressive view over the hotels!

Luckily by the time we left (about 9pm) the rain had stopped.

ate here sept 2010 and this was the highlight of our holiday!

booked for 6.15pm sitting and my wife and i had pizza each which were huge and quite tasty, the little one had pasta with meatballs a drink and a dessert.the wife and i had 2 fantas. bill came to 59E but worth every penny for the character interaction.
we had table visits off mickey,minnie,tigger,goofy,pluto,stitch,eeyore,friar tuck?,and some other guy with glasses,looked like one of the 7 dwarfs maybe?? we werent sure.

was quite busy there but not choatic.kids were well behaved and stayed patiently at thier tables waiting for their visit. in fact quite a few of the characters came back to see us a few times. my boy absolutley loved it!

well recommend this place......BUT PLEASE BOOK EARLY! by 7.30pm they were fully booked and their was a lot of unhappy people outside trying too get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter