Cabo Port Adventures

xavier2001

DIS Veteran
We are going on the WBPC in 2018 and getting excited about planning excursions. Last one we have to put together is Cabo. I am open to Disney and non-Disney excursions, so for those who have been what have you really enjoyed doing (or what should we avoid LOL). Thanks!

Last edited:
We are going on the EBPC in 2018 and getting excited about planning excursions. Last one we have to put together is Cabo. I am open to Disney and non-Disney excursions, so for those who have been what have you really enjoyed doing (or what should we avoid LOL). Thanks!
It's rather hard to recommend specific excursions, since we don't know your likes/dislikes/interests. Do you like active sports (parasailing, for example), or just lying on a beach? Have you an interest in history of a place? Arts & crafts? Maybe you like shopping? Or doing a bar crawl?

Good point lol!! We will be traveling with our 2 10 year olds and my parents who are in their 60s. Definitely no bar crawls and nothing crazy active like ziplining. I guess I’m trying to get a feel for the flavor of the city and something that maybe incorporates the famous stone arches. We are doing a beach getaway in Puerta Vallarta the day before so I guess let’s nix that too :).

We were just on this years EBPC and loved the Mexican Camel and Outback Adventure. A unique experience for sure!

Spent a bit of time driving out to an Oceanside ranch where the camels roam free - they work one day and get the next off. You get a lesson on the camels habits and peculiarities, and get to participate in a photo shoot with one of them. Next a 15-20 minute ride (2 per camel) along the beach, followed by a short hike through the desert with a lesson on local plant life. Last a buffet lunch with lessons on how they make tequila and free shots if you wanted to partake.

I love animals so I’m biased but I’d highly recommend it!

Aby

All kinds of things to do, can do the banana boats, or a boat to Lovers/Divorce beach and see the arches, do a tequila factory tour, or just go hang out at starbucks and get some free wifi.

All kinds of things to do, can do the banana boats, or a boat to Lovers/Divorce beach and see the arches, do a tequila factory tour, or just go hang out at starbucks and get some free wifi.

Thanks! The banana boats sound fun, is that the kind of thing you have to buy ahead or can you buy tickets at the pier?

Thanks! The banana boats sound fun, is that the kind of thing you have to buy ahead or can you buy tickets at the pier?

It seemed there was quite a few rental/tour places along the beach, near hotels and restaurants etc. On some parts there are even "concierge" guys running around doing whatever for tips. They will bring you umbrellas, set you up a wave runner rental, tour, whatever for a few bucks.

In Cabo we've taken a basic "look around the city" tour; a whale watching tour (seasonal); a tour to a glass-blowing factory and stop in San Jose del Cabo; a Harbor cruise and scenic stop. All those were DCL excursions.

We've also just taken a local boat out to Lover's beach.

We've also just stayed onboard the ship while in Cabo.

Since you have to take the tender boat from the ship into port you can always hire a boat in the harbor to do whatever you want to do. There are glass bottom boats, boats to take you to the arch or over to Medan beach. From there you can walk the beach, eat, drink and rent jet skis, parasail or banana boat.

What month will you be there? We did an incredible tour where you sail along the coastline and see the Arches, whale watching and snorkeling too. Its a private sailing trip so you can even participate in the sailing if you want https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursion...e-whale-watching-and-coastal-sailing-charter/ . Beautiful sailboat and you get food and drinks too!

Thank you, I just sent these guys a message to check availability. I think we are too late in the season for whale watching (late April), but the sailboat tour sounded amazing. Thanks for the good review!!

@crossfitmama THANK YOU! We officially booked the sailing excursion, SO excited!!! Did you guys happen to stop at Puerta Vallarta on your trip? We were going to do the Las Caletas beach hideaway excursion but word on the street is that its not going to be offered for our sailing, boo!

We are really interested in whale watching too. We are cruising in September. Are the whales around then?

Whales don’t start showing up until late October at the earliest. When we were on the EBPC we saw some of the first whales of the season in Cabo while we were on our Camel adventure - it was around the 29th.

Aby

whales in early April?

We were in Cabo last week and it was too late for whales, late March/April 1st is when they start heading to Alaska. We did the sailboat adventure listed above and it was amazing, awesome shore excursion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!