Cabins Near Boat to MK?

Stuck In New Jersey

Earning My Ears
I have never stayed here before and after reading all the posts am still unsure. I wans wondering if there are cabins you can walk to the boat from without taking the internal buses. I hate lugging the 2 kids on and off buses. Thanks for any info.

The cabins are located in loops 2100 through 2800, and none are near the marina. If you really don't want to use the internal buses, your options are limited. You could rent a golf cart, but they are very pricey.......

It is a far walk from the cabins to the marina, probably 1 mile from the nearest cabins and much further from the further loops.

- peter

We just got back from staying in the cabins (loop 2600). We did rent a golf cart HOWEVER I must say I was very impressed with the buses. They ran quite frequently and with my 4 yr old dd and her stroller in tow it wasn't any problem using the buses when we needed to.

The golf cart ride was about 5-7 minutes from our cabin to the marina anyway. It was just a little more convenient to have it. But, to walk to the marina from any of the cabin loops would be quite a long walk.

I saw a couple of cabins/homes in one of the loops right on the marina. It's right next to the Settlement area.

I saw those as well, I believe there are 2 there, for housekeeping.

There are 2 cabins in the 100 loop which FW uses for visiting VIP's. They are a little larger than the normal cabin and I have heard are a little nicer inside. They are right next to the foot path from the 100 loop to the marina/settlement area.

I would suggest taking bikes, if you can. They are so easy to use and you can get so close to everything. Lock them up and leave them.
Linda

This might be a stupid question, but has anyone requested a cabin on the 100 loop? I think that staying in one would be really cool. Maybe I'll ask at checking (Hee, Hee!)

Originally posted by OhMickey
This might be a stupid question, but has anyone requested a cabin on the 100 loop? I think that staying in one would be really cool. Maybe I'll ask at checking (Hee, Hee!)

I would be interested to know what they say to that request. Let us know.

My husband just called Ft Wilderness about the cabins in the 100 loop. They said that those cabins are used only by sponsers.
:( We are planning a trip with my husband's aunt and uncle-- they are driving with us from PA.
I guess we will get them a room at The Wilderness Lodge. We always request a site on the 100 Loop and want them to be as close as possible. Does this seem the best solution to you? It will only be a short boat or car ride away (we tow).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter