Cabins charged parking fee of $19 per day?

When I was there in March I put in my report that I had gone up to check-in and asked specifically about this. Two of them said that we were allowed "one" vehicle per site not charged the parking fee. This included a towed vehicle.

So if you tow a vehicle behind your RV, that vehicle was not charged and neither was your RV. Just like if you towed in your camper.

My impression was that the second "allowed" vehicle was charged, but I did not specifically ask about that.

I probably have an obsession but in general, you need to plan at least a year out to go to WDW if you want to do what you want to do. It is pretty much impossible to consider it a reasonably priced trip anymore. We are going about every two years right now. It runs us about $1000/person currently and the last trip. I would research a car I was buying so why wouldn't I study and know what I am getting on a $6000-$7000 trip! I am not happy with all this non clear information from Disney. I just went online to Disney and it says 1 vehicle and nothing about a second being charged etc... Things change but if they are changing so often, I can't figure cost and I will just start going less. For example, also, an annual pass. There are perks but they can "change." Therefore, I can not buy now and start spreading out cost. It is becoming a lot more difficult.

I would hope that the poster above does not get the Disney ranger in trouble. I am sure they are already underpaid and dealing with people daily. This is all just a discussion. I might just call the Fort this week because now I am curious.

@2goofycampers if you step in I won’t be offended.
@Carrie Ellis the Ranger will not get in trouble he was just sharing common knowledge about the Fort and the rules that are in place Also it is always best to call the Fort directly to try and get the most up to date information.
@skyp4WDW you must be a Disney executive to be able to hold a meeting about policies that are already in place and being enforced now at the Fort. Please be sure to share the outcome of your meeting with everyone here on the DIS so we can be better informed of the rules. Also I would love to be present for your meeting if possible so I can hear about the rules you say are in place.

The website is more inaccurate than posted rules all over WDW, the most glaring example being the child swap policy. I received that exact letter under my windshield a couple of years ago because my sister had her car at my site on the dirt so this isn’t a rogue employee typing up a letter in the back room. As a matter of fact, the letter lists the last revision as 5/16 so it has been around for a while. Before we got our Suburban, we came in two cars, always honest about it so we could get two parking passes, and were never informed that one had to park in overflow.

Thanks for providing the name and that inaccurate letter. (The employees at Ft Wilderness are not supposed to take it upon themselves to randomly chance policies simply because they are difficult to enforce). A meeting will be taking place to make sure there are no further deviations from what is on the Website. As long as the Website says one (1) vehicle per site; the rule stands.

facepalm.gif

[USER=182454]@skyp4WDW
you must be a Disney executive to be able to hold a meeting about policies that are already in place and being enforced now at the Fort. Please be sure to share the outcome of your meeting with everyone here on the DIS so we can be better informed of the rules. Also I would love to be present for your meeting if possible so I can hear about the rules you say are in place.[/USER]

Can you record the meeting for those of us who live too far away to attend? I too would be interested to see this. Bet it would be like:

[SIZE=4][B]MUST FOLLOW RULES![/B][/SIZE]
[IMG]http://i.makeagif.com/media/5-09-2015/rz4Hc0.gif[/IMG]

Last edited:
Some of the regulars on this board get a bit testy when someone offers differing information. While I'm sure they believe what they are saying is indeed "the gospel", they might just plain be wrong. Rules and policies at Ft W are ever changing and evolving which is the reason it's nice to be able to get updates on this board. Keep in mind what you read here may or may not be "the gospel".

@tiggerdad Im guessing there is not going to be a meeting, Im always up for accurate information so if it does happen hopefully we all can learn from it. And while I am a regular on this board I usually only lurk and enjoy reading everyone threads, but when someone does ask a question and I know the answer I will always post an accurate answer or wont post at all. And with that I am done with this thread. I only hope the original poster got what they were hoping for.

@tiggerdad Im guessing there is not going to be a meeting, Im always up for accurate information so if it does happen hopefully we all can learn from it. And while I am a regular on this board I usually only lurk and enjoy reading everyone threads, but when someone does ask a question and I know the answer I will always post an accurate answer or wont post at all. And with that I am done with this thread. I only hope the original poster got what they were hoping for.

Agreed.

Shame I'm gonna miss that "meeting" though.

Some of the regulars on this board get a bit testy when someone offers differing information. While I'm sure they believe what they are saying is indeed "the gospel", they might just plain be wrong.

And some people claiming meetings will be called are without a doubt wrong.

You can't get more current advice than what Corgidad provided. Thank you for checking that out, Corgidad. :worship:

WDW is famous for having rules and not enforcing them except when they occasionally choose to.

The only thing that we can count on is that the rules will eventually change yet again.

Let's play nice so nobody gets whacked, please.

Bama Ed

We also received the 2 vehicles per site hand out in Jan 2017. I'd say what the Fort hands out is the most up to date information.

WDW is famous for having rules and not enforcing them except when they occasionally choose to.

The only thing that we can count on is that the rules will eventually change yet again.

Correct. This sums up the issue at hand. It doesn't matter how current your information is; it still may be right or wrong. (My information is not that old as I fly in every month or two). Unfortunately some of the folks in the Outpost make up their own reality; and will even tell me that I did not see what I witnessed with my own eyes. So...there is indeed a problem with several different policies at Ft W right now. I was told the other day that these deviations from the Website are unacceptable and are about to be addressed. I believe him but we shall see...

Correct. This sums up the issue at hand. It doesn't matter how current your information is; it still may be right or wrong. (My information is not that old as I fly in every month or two). Unfortunately some of the folks in the Outpost make up their own reality; and will even tell me that I did not see what I witnessed with my own eyes. So...there is indeed a problem with several different policies at Ft W right now. I was told the other day that these deviations from the Website are unacceptable and are about to be addressed. I believe him but we shall see...

Is this what you are referring to on the website?

Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.”

This isn’t some new policy or wording. I’ve seen it for several years. It says, “provides.” There’s nothing negative in that. FW provides an oversized parking space for (1) vehicle, but it also depends on the size of the vehicle. If you can get (2) vehicles on the pad, then they allow it.

We’ve received the notice more times than I’d like to admit, mostly because my kids get in late and don’t put their dang tires on the pad. It’s not that big of deal and definitely doesn’t warrant a meeting.

Last edited:
Maybe at your meeting you can address the lack of enforcement of quiet hours, the more than 2 cars at a site, the throwaway campsites, the sites with more than 10 people, the locals at the pool, the inconsistency of the boat transportation, the lack of space heaters on the Crockett’s Tavern porch rendering it unusable in very cold weather, the lack of hooks in the shower stalls, the need for a shelf under the big mirror in the women’s bathrooms so the sinks aren’t used by hair dryers every morning and the hot water problem at the Loop 2000 comfort station near the exit. Some more minor than others but, fix them, and FW will be perfect!! There I made you an agenda.

By the way, to alleviate that throwaway problem and not hurt campers, just make it so that one night reservations can only be made within 30 days of arrival unless you have a longer reservation already.

You’re welcome and let us know how it goes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter