Cabins charged parking fee of $19 per day?

ldubberly

Mouseketeer
Recently made our reservations for the cabins this July. I was advised that there WILL be a $19 per day parking charge. I thought this was not so at the campground? Anyone else given this information as well? Seems to me that parking at a cabin should be the same as parking at a campsite.

I happen to live nearby. Maybe an Uber is in order?

Unfortunately, yes, the cabins fall into the moderate resort category, which is $19/day. Only the campsites have complimentary parking for one vehicle at the site.

ldubberly,

The cabins are treated like the resort hotels for the purposes of the parking fee. So yes, there is a parking fee for the FW cabins if your reservation was made after the policy went into effect. Campsites get a one-car-free break IIRC.

However, I fully expect a stiff price increase on the campsites this year for 2019 (which lately have occurred in late June) to attempt to make up for part of the waived parking fee. It may not be a $19 price lift but we shall see.

Bama Ed

Is there currently a charge for extra cars kept in the overflow lot, for those staying at campsites?

FortForever,

The way I read this link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...at-fort-wilderness-resort/services-amenities/

In what is said and NOT SAID,

it says campsite get ONE free MOTORIZED vehicle.

Period.

Which leads me to believe a second vehicle or a towed vehicle behind a driven RV might be charged (not sure of the latter case).

If anyone at the Fort currently can hop over to the check-in lobby and ask about this, it would be appreciated.

Bama Ed

I would like to know too since we have two families staying at the campsite and will have two vehicles. I am wondering if we took the 2nd vehicle offsite if we could still have a parking pass for the "parks"?

I would like to know too since we have two families staying at the campsite and will have two vehicles. I am wondering if we took the 2nd vehicle offsite if we could still have a parking pass for the "parks"?

Carrie,

I don't know the answer to your question but wanted to remind you that this new "pay for parking" policy for guests only affects those reservations made after the policy was announced and went into effect (somewhere around March 21, 2018 IIRC). So if you've had your reservation booked for a while (made it before 3/21 which is still fairly recent in my mind), it shouldn't affect either of you at all.

Bama Ed

Carrie,

I don't know the answer to your question but wanted to remind you that this new "pay for parking" policy for guests only affects those reservations made after the policy was announced and went into effect (somewhere around March 21, 2018 IIRC). So if you've had your reservation booked for a while (made it before 3/21 which is still fairly recent in my mind), it shouldn't affect either of you at all.

Bama Ed

Bama Ed, Thank you! But, we are not booked yet. Planning on booking the first week of August for a Dec 2019 trip. We will have two families at the campsite and two families at a VRBO. So we could park their big van at the vrbo but I don't know if they will get the pass for parking at the parks if so. Does that make sense? My mom and dad will have their truck buy it will not hold all of them. We all like driving to all the parks except MK.

Carrie

As of today (who know when it will change) the campsites are exempt from the per day parking fee. So it does not matter how many vehicles come in per campsite, all will get a parking pass for parking at the parks. The rule does still apply that only 2 vehicles per campsite if they both fit on the concrete pad, any other vehicles would have to be parked in the front parking lot. Hope this helps.

As of today (who know when it will change) the campsites are exempt from the per day parking fee. So it does not matter how many vehicles come in per campsite, all will get a parking pass for parking at the parks. The rule does still apply that only 2 vehicles per campsite if they both fit on the concrete pad, any other vehicles would have to be parked in the front parking lot. Hope this helps.

Actually the rule is one (1) motorized vehicle per campsite. Hopefully they will begin to be more strict about enforcing the rule now that they are charging for most parking. Multiple cars at the campsites seriously impact the beauty of Ft Wilderness. (Most of us are paying for that "woodsy" feel; not a "parking lot" feel). Park your second car in the overflow lot.

Actually the rule is one (1) motorized vehicle per campsite.

You can have 2 vehicles per site only if they fit on the concrete pad, this has been the rule for quite a while now. FW will inforce more than 2 vehicles on a site or if the vehicles are off the pad. If you do not have enough space on your site for 2 vehicles then you would take one of them to the front parking lot.

Actually the rule is one (1) motorized vehicle per campsite.

You can have 2 vehicles per site only if they fit on the concrete pad, this has been the rule for quite a while now. FW will inforce more than 2 vehicles on a site or if the vehicles are off the pad. If you do not have enough space on your site for 2 vehicles then you would take one of them to the front parking lot.

OK, are they charging for a second vehicle now if it fits on the concrete pad or the overflow lot? Or are the campsite off the hook? By the time we go, all of this could have changed so I am not chiseling it in stone!!!

I think it is doing future campers a dis-service to suggest that they try to get away with parking a second car, van or truck at their site. (A golf cart doesn't count) All it takes is one call to the Outpost and they will send someone to put "notices to move" on all of the extra cars in the Loop. As of today, (6-1-18) it's still one vehicle. If people plan to comply; they won't have to deal with the unexpected later.

Posted before I finished typing so here goes. When I was reading the new posts a Ranger pulled up to the site across the loop from my site. I went out and spoke to him ( Dave) super nice guy. He has been a CM for 13 years at the Fort, he said it has always been two vehicles per site since he has been here. I was about 99.9% sure of the rules here at the Fort as we do stay here quite a bit so I tend not to comment on things unless I am confident in my answers .Dave was kind enough to let me have this letter that they put on vehicles to enforce the rules so hopefully this helps all previous and future Fort campers.
@ Carrie Ellis...... like I said earlier as of right now they are not charging for any vehicles parked at the campsites but you are right by the time you come it could all be changed.

Last edited:
Actually the rule is one (1) motorized vehicle per campsite. Hopefully they will begin to be more strict about enforcing the rule now that they are charging for most parking. Multiple cars at the campsites seriously impact the beauty of Ft Wilderness. (Most of us are paying for that "woodsy" feel; not a "parking lot" feel). Park your second car in the overflow lot.
@Corgidad, will they enforce abuse of the 2 vehicles per site right now? Last month we saw 4 in one site and obviously not all parked on the cement pad.

@morrik5 I have seen many times one week one thing the next week the other, from what I have seen there are only a few Rangers checking on all the sites so it depends on how busy the Fort is Im guessing and how busy they are doing other things. So to answer your question yes and no..................

@Corgidad, I always take what you say as gospel. Thanks for the flow of information. The original poster was asking about the cabins. Can you tell us the cabin specific rules for parking and charges? Thanks.

@2goofycampers, the Cabins are charging the parking fee per vehicle if you made your reservation after the cut-off date. And thanks for the compliment it means a lot coming from you, not sure about gospel but as you know I don't post a lot but when I do I make sure I try and give the most accurate information that I can get.

@Corgidad, will they enforce abuse of the 2 vehicles per site right now? Last month we saw 4 in one site and obviously not all parked on the cement pad.

I wonder if RV sites are being charged parking after the first vehicle now? Even though there are 2 on some sites, is the 2nd vehicle being charged the parking fee? Or if you park the 2nd vehicle in the overflow, is it being charged? Basically, after the first is anyone getting charged a parking fee now?

I will check how things are being done once 2019 comes around. My sister rents a large van so we can all ride around together (we will be at a vrbo). We then all ride to the parks together and of course, since she is resort guest, parking at the parks does not cost her anything. If they end up charging parking on a 2nd vehicle then one of might consider getting a AP. We will have to do the math later. It is kind of why I am studying the replies on this thread.

Great info and thanks everyone!
Carrie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!