Cabins at Ft Wilderness

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
Hi campers! I hope you can help me out with a couple Cabin questions.

1. Are the cabin people allowed to use the shower house? There are 6 of us and I think having 1 bathroom could be a problem.

2. Will the cabins get cool in July? We are from STL so we know what the heat is like but we like to keep our house really cool (68) can we get the cabin to cool down that much?

3. Other than Magic Kingdom, do you drive to the other parks?

Thank-you!

It has been a while 2012 since we stayed in a cabin but they were Air Conditioned then and still are to the best of my knowledge. We rely on Disney Transport System rather than drive to the other parks

I can't see why cabin campers can't use the Comfort Stations with access via their Magic Bands. When we went in August 2014 the cabins were very comfortably air conditioned. Best bet is to ask on check-in to confirm the Comfort Station question or just try it with your band. Have fun.

1. Are the cabin people allowed to use the shower house? There are 6 of us and I think having 1 bathroom could be a problem.
2. Will the cabins get cool in July? We are from STL so we know what the heat is like but we like to keep our house really cool (68) can we get the cabin to cool down that much?
1. Yes. There were three of us and the bathrooms are way too small.
2. To keep the cabin cool use the air conditioner.
3. Drive or take the Disney transportation.

We used our bands in in 2012 to gain entry to the laundry while in a cabin so my guess is yes you can also access comfort station

Thank-you!
1. Yes. We stayed in loop 2100 before they took the cabins out of that loop and we were right behind the comfort station. Loop 2200 would probably be the closest now.
2. We used the AC in November and I like it cold too when I sleep. Keep the curtains closed during the sunny part of the day. Lots of trees at the fort too. The shade helps the ac work better. I think you’ll be fine.
3. We only used Disney busses and the boat. We rented a golf cart to get around the fort.

Thank-you!
From our last trip yes you could use comfort stations but it was not easy as you would have to get to a loop with one as cabin loops do not have one. We were there in August and stayed cool with the air on

Thank-you all! We are going to have 6 in the cabin and I really wanted to be sure we had access to the extra showers so we are not all trying to use the 1 bathroom!!! I will request a cabin near the comfort station and hope for the best. If we are far away are we allowed to park near one? We will have a car.

Thank-you all! We are going to have 6 in the cabin and I really wanted to be sure we had access to the extra showers so we are not all trying to use the 1 bathroom!!! I will request a cabin near the comfort station and hope for the best. If we are far away are we allowed to park near one? We will have a car.

Sorry, no parking for cars at comfort stations. They are usually within comfortable walking distances though.

Thank-you! We camped often in our younger days but never got to bring our trailer to WDW. I am so excited to get to experience Ft Wilderness.

There are no comfort stations in cabin loops and they took out the cabin loop that backed up a site loop. Parking near was problem we had. Took trying 3 loops before we found one that worked for us

There are no comfort stations in cabin loops and they took out the cabin loop that backed up a site loop. Parking near was problem we had. Took trying 3 loops before we found one that worked for us

The nearest Comfort Station to the cabin loops is the one between 1100 and 2100 camping loops. The cabin loops nearest to it is 2200 and 2300 (generally speaking) so you should request a cabin in either loop if the morning routine is important to you.

Betty is right. There are no parking spots at the Comfort Stations. Walking works fine if you are in 2200 or 2300. If you are in the back of 2700 cabin loop (for example), on the other hand, it won't be fun.

The AC works super well in the cabins.

Personally we do boat to MK and drive to the other parks.

Bama Ed

There's no parking for cars, but is there parking for golf carts near the comfort stations? Last time we were in 1600 and I don't remember seeing any golf carts at the comfort station but I wasn't looking for them either. This time we have two cabins, a family of 4 and a family of 6, mostly teenagers and adults, so I can see the potential need for a group trip to a bathhouse for showers. We can certainly walk, but since we'll have the golf carts that would be more convenient if possible especially if we're in a loop farther away. @bama_ed ???

The only cart parking area that I have noticed at a CS is the one between 1600 and 1800 loops. Maybe a little far to travel for showers. :confused3

There's no parking for cars, but is there parking for golf carts near the comfort stations? Last time we were in 1600 and I don't remember seeing any golf carts at the comfort station but I wasn't looking for them either. This time we have two cabins, a family of 4 and a family of 6, mostly teenagers and adults, so I can see the potential need for a group trip to a bathhouse for showers. We can certainly walk, but since we'll have the golf carts that would be more convenient if possible especially if we're in a loop farther away. @bama_ed ???

Like snowmedic said, ultimatefans, there generally aren't cart parking spots at the Comfort Stations. If he says there are some at the one between 1600 and 1800, then it must be so. The Full loops are the ones I am the least familiar with having never stayed in one.

Generally there are NOT cart parking spots at the CS. The CS are generally between two adjacent loops (note I use the word "generally" a lot because there are some exceptions but not to go loop by loop) or serve a single loop. Sometimes there is a full-sized pull-in spot for a service vehicle on one side of the building. Golf carts follow the roads and are not permitted on sidewalks. There are NOT showers in the changing rooms at either pool as well.

If there is a need for a group trip to the showers (which I can understand given the number of people) my suggestion would be to park in the cart spots at the Meadow Trading Post before 8am and walk across the street to the CS off the entrance to 1000 loop on the right (the CS is between 900 and 1000). Generally (there's that word again) a stop like that might take a while and cart parking at the TP is time limited but since it generally opens at 8am, nobody will care if you park a little longer before then.

There is also a Comfort Station adjacent to the loop road between 100 and 200 that has a paved basketball court across the loop road from the CS that I've seen carts on. That's a long way from the cabins but it's a working option.

Those are the only ideas I got.

ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!