Cabin rebate for no Mousekeeping?

pooh4me

DIS Veteran
Is a rebate offered for not using Mousekeeping? I know that some places are offering a $10 per day gift card. We never use it, just two old people.

According to folks in a Facebook group I belong to, you can get this deal. If they don't offer it at check in, ask.

According to folks in a Facebook group I belong to, you can get this deal. If they don't offer it at check in, ask.
Seeing the same idea over on Passporters but most folks over there have become DVC members or are staying at Delux resorts

I know earlier this year they offered this on a trial basis at the cabins. Not sure what became of it as I have not heard much since.

Didn't know it was available, am I missing something?

Well, in short, the DIS Resorts board has had stories for the last year or so of people unhappy with Mousekeeping. Late cleaning, doing a poor job, etc. So Disney was giving people credit/free room nights to pacify them. Now they've opted to offer bypassing Mousekeeping with a credit of $10 (of course you can probably still get towels, etc.). That means fewer rooms to clean for the housekeepers they have.

With all the tourism, hotels, and competition for labor in Central FL, it's hard to get enough good housekeepers who will work for whatever is the prevailing wage. We stayed offsite just outside Disney Springs about 2 weeks ago and we had great housekeepers and I thought about this issue.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter