Cabin packing list

bhartman

Mouseketeer
I’m putting together a list of supplies that we’ll need for our stay in a Ft Wilderness cabin next month. This will be our first time staying in one of the cabins, so I’d love some input from others who have stayed there before.

We decided to ditch the dining plan (for a couple of reasons) for this trip and will fix most meals at the cabin. I actually just canceled our ADRs this morning. I’ve checked the list of what is provided in the kitchen, so I know what to expect there.

Here’s what I have on our list of supplies to bring or include with our grocery order.

Ziploc bags of all sizes
Cheap plastic containers for leftovers
Salt and pepper
Sugar and creamer for coffee
Flashlights
Card games (uno, phase 10, etc)
Wipeable table cloth for picnic table
Pump soap for bathroom
Laundry pods
Night lights
Rope lights for porch (I think we’ll just wrap them around the rail)

Is there anything I’m missing? Should we bother with the rope lights? I’ve just heard the porch can be really dark and we may want to sit out there after the kids go to bed.

Thanks for the help!

Rope lights would be fun and add a little special feel to your cabin.
If you're driving, I'd bring a Crock-Pot (and Crock-Pot liner bags). Less actual cooking time. You can use it for breakfast (make the night before) or dinner

A couple power strips so you can plug all electronics in to charge. Even though there are a few outlets it's nice to have them all charging in one place when you are making the morning rush out the door.

Are you flying in or driving?

If you plan to grill, you'll need charcoal. I also use aluminum foil for the grill or to line the pan for the oven. The trading post may give you a couple packs of matches if you ask to light the grill. We didn't want to buy a lighter and when we asked if they had small boxes of matches, they gave us some. I brought my own collapsible marshmallow sticks to take over to the campfire for Smores.

Thank y’all so much! We’re flying, so I think a crock pot is out of the question. Or is it? Has anyone ever successfully flown with a crock pot? We’re flying southwest, so we can have two checked bags each. We usually only need three for all of our clothes and toiletries (there are 5 of us going), so we have the option to take more.

Power strips, our long grill lighter, aluminum foil, charcoal, and our roasting sticks have been added to the list. I need to check and see if I can get charcoal through instacart. If not, do they sell it in the trading post store?

Thank y’all so much! We’re flying, so I think a crock pot is out of the question. Or is it? Has anyone ever successfully flown with a crock pot? We’re flying southwest, so we can have two checked bags each. We usually only need three for all of our clothes and toiletries (there are 5 of us going), so we have the option to take more.

Power strips, our long grill lighter, aluminum foil, charcoal, and our roasting sticks have been added to the list. I need to check and see if I can get charcoal through instacart. If not, do they sell it in the trading post store?
I got charcoal with the garden grocer. Not sure about the other deliveries. They do have it at the trading post.

I got charcoal with the garden grocer. Not sure about the other deliveries. They do have it at the trading post.

Thanks! Good to know I can grab some at the trading post, if I can’t get it through instacart.

Last edited:

When we fly we still rent a car and just head to Wal-mart to get what we need when we arrive. For us it is just simpler, then we can get some larger sized body washes, etc. and not worry about issues with leaking in our luggage. In our case we normally only eat snacks and maybe breakfast, so those are easy to buy on the Wal-Mart trip.

I was going to say aluminum foil as well. It comes in so handy for leftovers which can be stored in the fridge and reheated. I also want to suggest coffee filters and maybe a small first aid kit with bandages for scrapes and/or blisters. The night lights are a great idea! I'll add that to my list and thank you for the suggestion. You also might want to pick up an extra package of TP in case you're forgoing mousekeeping for a few days, but check under the bathroom sink in the cabin first just in case they stocked you up.

I was going to say aluminum foil as well. It comes in so handy for leftovers which can be stored in the fridge and reheated. I also want to suggest coffee filters and maybe a small first aid kit with bandages for scrapes and/or blisters. The night lights are a great idea! I'll add that to my list and thank you for the suggestion. You also might want to pick up an extra package of TP in case you're forgoing mousekeeping for a few days, but check under the bathroom sink in the cabin first just in case they stocked you up.
I've added TP to my garden grocer order the last 2 trips. I don't like that John Wayne toilet paper that most hotels have.

We always travel with a first aid kit. Heck, I won’t even make a target run without our little first aid kit in the diaper bag. Haha!

Toilet paper is a good idea! Adding it to my grocery list. Thanks!

I’m putting together a list of supplies that we’ll need for our stay in a Ft Wilderness cabin next month. This will be our first time staying in one of the cabins, so I’d love some input from others who have stayed there before.

We decided to ditch the dining plan (for a couple of reasons) for this trip and will fix most meals at the cabin. I actually just canceled our ADRs this morning. I’ve checked the list of what is provided in the kitchen, so I know what to expect there.

Here’s what I have on our list of supplies to bring or include with our grocery order.

Ziploc bags of all sizes
Cheap plastic containers for leftovers
Salt and pepper
Sugar and creamer for coffee
Flashlights
Card games (uno, phase 10, etc)
Wipeable table cloth for picnic table
Pump soap for bathroom
Laundry pods
Night lights
Rope lights for porch (I think we’ll just wrap them around the rail)

Is there anything I’m missing? Should we bother with the rope lights? I’ve just heard the porch can be really dark and we may want to sit out there after the kids go to bed.

Thanks for the help!
I second a couple of power strips for extra outlets for charging. throw away cups for bathroom as I do not like having glass glass in the bathroom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter