Cabin kitchen - cooktop or range?

Babsy

DIS Veteran
Hello,

Well, this might be exciting! Our DD and DSIL and two DGS's (4 and 2) might be going with us to WDW in Oct! I was beginning to think that they would never agree to come!! Now, it will be a mad rush to get everything booked and planned.

they will need cooking facilities, so they are considering a cabin in FW. Do the cabin kitchens have a full range with oven and cook top? or do they simply have a cooktop? Also, are there lots of outlets or do they need to bring a power bar?
And, is there a dishwasher? years ago, the dishes would be washed when you returned. Does housekeeping still wash dishes?

Finally, is there a washer and dryer in the cabin?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Babs

I checked over on AllEars and according to the description there there is a 2 burner range

I last stayed in the Cabins in 2015 when they had just started remodel so this Oct will be our first time in a remodeled Cabin but from what I have kept up with the Cabins now have a cook top (stove has been removed). I believe it's now a combo microwave/convection oven. The pic below is from ************** dot net and will show you what the kitchen area looks like. We always bring a couple power strips as we find it's easier to plug everything in near each other and in the same place every night so that in the AM it's easier to locate everything, less scrambling around right before it's time to go. But from memory there seems to be plenty of places to plug stuff in. There is a dishwasher and as far as I know mousekeeping still does the dishes. There is not a washer or dryer in the cabin but there are a numer of Comfort Stations that have laundry facilities in them. We bring one of these laundry baskets from IKEA http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80099224/ as it's collapsible and easy to put in luggage. We usually do laundry on a pool day and there are CS's near both pools. As we rent a golf cart it's easy to get our luggage to the laundry facilities, though if you have to walk a wheeled suitcase would do the trick. Hope that helps.

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Kitchen-The-Renovated-Cabins-at-Disneys-Fort-Wilderness-Resort-from-**************.net_.jpg

Last edited:
The microwave is the combo convection oven and it works just fine as an oven. We fixed frozen pizza in it. We were there in November and housekeeping did the dishes.

I checked over on AllEars and according to the description there there is a 2 burner range

I last stayed in the Cabins in 2015 when they had just started remodel so this Oct will be our first time in a remodeled Cabin but from what I have kept up with the Cabins now have a cook top (stove has been removed. I believe it's now a combo microwave/convection oven. The pic below is from ************** dot net and will show you what the kitchen area looks like. We always bring a couple power strips as we find it's easier to plug everything in near each other and in the same place every night so that in the AM it's easier to locate everything, less scrambling around right before it's time to go. But from memory there seems to be plenty of places to plug stuff in. There is a dishwasher and as far as I know mousekeeping still does the dishes. There is not a washer or dryer in the cabin but there are a numer of Comfort Stations that have laundry facilities in them. We bring one of these laundry baskets from IKEA http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80099224/ as it's collapsible and easy to put in luggage. We usually do laundry on a pool day and there are CS's near both pools. As we rent a golf cart it's easy to get our luggage to the laundry facilities, though if you have to walk a wheeled suitcase would do the trick. Hope that helps.

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Kitchen-The-Renovated-Cabins-at-Disneys-Fort-Wilderness-Resort-from-**************.net_.jpg

The microwave is the combo convection oven and it works just fine as an oven. We fixed frozen pizza in it. We were there in November and housekeeping did the dishes.

WOW!!! This is perfect! Thank you so much for all the information. You all rock!!!

:thanks:

Hello,

Well, this might be exciting! Our DD and DSIL and two DGS's (4 and 2) might be going with us to WDW in Oct! I was beginning to think that they would never agree to come!! Now, it will be a mad rush to get everything booked and planned.

they will need cooking facilities, so they are considering a cabin in FW. Do the cabin kitchens have a full range with oven and cook top? or do they simply have a cooktop? Also, are there lots of outlets or do they need to bring a power bar?
And, is there a dishwasher? years ago, the dishes would be washed when you returned. Does housekeeping still wash dishes?

Finally, is there a washer and dryer in the cabin?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Babs
no washer/ dryer but comfort stations in site loops have. I would bring a power strip or 2. know we used 1 and I think 2 when we stayed with 6 of us in the cabin. not sure how you are traveling but if you have room bring a crock pot so you can start meal before you head to parks and it is ready when you return. I agree with bring a couple of folding laundry baskets to hold dirty clothes

no washer/ dryer but comfort stations in site loops have. I would bring a power strip or 2. know we used 1 and I think 2 when we stayed with 6 of us in the cabin. not sure how you are traveling but if you have room bring a crock pot so you can start meal before you head to parks and it is ready when you return. I agree with bring a couple of folding laundry baskets to hold dirty clothes

Good idea! I was actually thinking that a crock pot might be useful! Any idea how long the walk would be from the cabins to the boat dock? Or is it always quicker to take the bus? We probably won't be getting a golf cart (not in the budget) and we have a four year old and a two year old (stroller, probably).

Good idea! I was actually thinking that a crock pot might be useful! Any idea how long the walk would be from the cabins to the boat dock? Or is it always quicker to take the bus? We probably won't be getting a golf cart (not in the budget) and we have a four year old and a two year old (stroller, probably).

It would probably be quite a hike with little ones, no matter which cabin loop you were in.
Personally, I'd take the bus. We always take the internal buses, or walk - we stay in the Preferred campsites, so walk to dock. We've never rented a cart, and have always had good service with the buses, with few exceptions.

It would probably be quite a hike with little ones, no matter which cabin loop you were in.
Personally, I'd take the bus. We always take the internal buses, or walk - we stay in the Preferred campsites, so walk to dock. We've never rented a cart, and have always had good service with the buses, with few exceptions.

Thank you.

OK, perhaps it would be just as well to use the car to go to the MK. We could park at the MK parking lot pretty easily and take the boat from there. Quicker than waiting for the bus, then waiting for the boat, perhaps, because we would have the car at the campsite.

I was thinking that the boat to the MK might be nice, but it wouldn't be worth a long walk or wait for the bus.

Thank you.

OK, perhaps it would be just as well to use the car to go to the MK. We could park at the MK parking lot pretty easily and take the boat from there. Quicker than waiting for the bus, then waiting for the boat, perhaps, because we would have the car at the campsite.

I was thinking that the boat to the MK might be nice, but it wouldn't be worth a long walk or wait for the bus.

Doubt you would save any time going that route. The buses run pretty regularly (approx. every 20 min.) and the boat ride is nice!! :goodvibes
JMO though -we really enjoy it!

Thank you.

You could request 2800 loop and that would put you close enough to walk to the outpost to catch the bus to the other parks. I think it's a toss up if it's quicker to drive to the mk or to take the bus to the boat dock and then the boat. You would possibly have to wait for the ferry from the parking lot. The internal busses do run quite frequently. We used them at the beginning and end of the trip when we didn't have the golf cart.

Thank you.

remember you could have to use tram or have a walk from where you park to the boat. we did the cabins and buses with 4 adults and a 4.5 year old and a 4 month old plus double stroller. we had the car but never used it as we drove down. 4.5 year old thought the bus was a ride and complained as we left as she had to ride in car home not the bus.

remember you could have to use tram or have a walk from where you park to the boat. we did the cabins and buses with 4 adults and a 4.5 year old and a 4 month old plus double stroller. we had the car but never used it as we drove down. 4.5 year old thought the bus was a ride and complained as we left as she had to ride in car home not the bus.

LOL!!!! Too funny!! Children are amazing! Bus rides are not often thought of as a positive experience!

Yes, I think that we have come around to using the bus to get to the boat dock. Hopefully we can get a cabin not too far from the bus stop.

Thank you for sharing!!!

I have not been since they changed the security location but one issue I see with driving to the MK is the new security check point at the TTC. You would have to deal with everybody else who is driving. By taking the bus to the boat you are only dealing with those on your boat from FW and what I would imagine then is a much shorter security line.

Last edited:
I have not been since they changed the security location but one issue I see with driving to the MK is the new security check point at the TTC. You would have to deal with everybody else who is driving. By taking the bus to the boat you are only dealing with those on your boat from FW and what I would imagine then is a much shorter security line.

Excellent point!! I hadn't thought of that.

Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter