cabin assignment when booking with T/A

FredS

DIS Veteran
Okay, if we booked our cruise with a T/A will the paperwork we receive shortly before the cruise have our room assignment in it? I keep reading about people checking their room assignments and learning of upgrades. (I assume that since we did not book directly with DCL that we can't call them for any info.) If we reserved a particularly stateroom and are moved/upgraded will our T/A let us know, or will it be in the paperwork for boarding, etc. that we should get or is there a chance that we will not know until we arrive for the cruise??

We have category 10 reservations, which don't seem to be upgraded often. Not expecting anything, but admit that I am curious and would like to know our final room assignment as soon as that is officially determined.

FredS,

I booked through Travelocity. I called them directly and they gave me my room assignments! But I also called Disney directly to be sure. At first they wouldn't give me any info but eventually did. I would try calling and see if you can get anything out of them....I guess it all depends on who you get!

Freds,
We are wondering the same thing. We are booked on the 10/2/03 3 day. I can't figure out how DCL can have room numbers assigned for cruises later than ours and yet we don't know our room numbers yet. We booked 2 GTY cat 11's. Everyone who is sailing on my 10/2 cruise would have made final payments so not sure why rooms have not been assigned yet. I would like to know where our rooms our located at before the last minute. We booked with Dreams so I can't call Disney. Dreams did tell us that we might not know our rooms until very late. We are traveling with another couple and requested adjoining rooms our as close together as possible.
Please post if you find out your room number.

Maybe we should have dizneefreak29 call DCL for us.

:) :D

We were given our room numbers when we made our December reservation through Dreams. We didn't request anything specific, other than 2 Cat. 11 rooms, not necessarily together. We were assigned to rooms which are next door to each other.

Padre Disney said:
Everyone who is sailing on my 10/2 cruise would have made final payments so not sure why rooms have not been assigned yet.

Don't forget that there are some people who book at the last minute. We booked our first cruise less than a month before our sailing (talk about spur-of-the-moment LOL!!), so I would be willing to bet that someone on that cruise got upgraded from a Cat. 11 so that we could have one!

Beth

We just decide to take the 3 day on 10/2 about a month ago. We wanted the cat 11's but Dreams said they were only making GTY reservations. On our other cruises with DCL we had picked our rooms ahead of time. But since this was a last minute thing we could only afford the cat 11's. They are just fine as long as we can get on that ship.
I just want to look at my passporter and say that is were my room is.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We booked 9/18 cruise thru T/A back in May.
Called her few weeks ago for room assignment (DCL would not give me any info because we went thru TA)
T/A found out we had been upgraded from Cat 11 to Cat 9 on deck 2.
I would definately call T/A and let them know you want cabin assignment. If its not yet available they can keep checking periodically for you.
Good Luck

My travel agent gave me our room number the exact same time I booked...no problem. We told her what part of the ship we wanted to be on...she came back with a room number.

At the time we booked we knew that all they had was GTY 11's and we might have to wait until right before sailing to get our room numbers. I went ahead & booked knowing I might have to wait. I guess now that it is paid for and it is getting closer I would think they would have rooms assigned before sending out documents.

Originally posted by webray
My travel agent gave me our room number the exact same time I booked...no problem. We told her what part of the ship we wanted to be on...she came back with a room number.

Right, at the time of booking we wanted a particular area and reserved a particular stateroom that was available. My question has to do with upgrades or any other changes that might be made once the rooms are finally assigned. (Upgrades are made regardless of whether you did or did not reserve a particular stateroom.) I am interested in whether the original assignment is usually in the paperwork received (and any upgrades given later) or if there are sometimes upgrade surprises in the paperwork sent for boarding.

Again, not expecting anything but curious to get a better idea of how it works. There still seems to be plenty of availability for our particular cruise, so I am thinking that Disney may be more interested in working to fill those empty rooms for a while than in finally determining who goes where.

We booked through our timeshare (HGVC) so they are technically our T/A. At the time of booking for the 11/16/03 Wonder we were given our room assignment (#6140) since we were booking a Navigator's Verandah (category 7). Our friends who are traveling with us, and went through the same T/A (using timeshare points) were booking GTY cat 11, so they do not have a room assignment yet. They were advised that "probably" when they get their cruise docs (estimating 11/01/03) their room assignment (and any sign of an upgrade) will be noted there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter