Cabana's - what's the attraction?

BONZO

<font color=660066>Has been known to go off topic!
Hi folks,

Just back from HRH and thought I'd pop over here to help out with any questions etc.

Now, one thing that's puzzled me is what is the attraction of a cabana?

I can see that if you had a large group or extended family then it would act as good base or if you had a young child that needed an afternoon nap you could still be by the pool and not in the room.

Or, when the Dive-in movie took place it could be a good place to hang out.

Personally for us, family of 4, I didn't feel the need to hire one as the sun beds were plentiful and we didn't want to spend a huge amount of time around the pool area.

So, have I missed a trick here?

I know exactly what you mean.

I saw those little Cabanas when I went to Las Vegas and they cost a fortune ( about $30 ) for the day. Like you I just did not see the point of them!

Perhaps someone can enlighten us as to the virtues of "The Cabana" LOL

Denise:smooth:

to have a place to "put" things!

We stayed at HRH during Labor day weekend and had one (cabana #2) Sat. and Sunday. It was great to have a refig. to put beer and soft drinks in. They provide a six pack of mixed soft drinks and two waters in the refig., plus a large bowl of fruit, but since we were on the club level we just brought down some more of what we wanted.

The TV played a big part as we watched FOOTBALL (mom and dad) while the kids played all day. We used that thing until 11 (or later) both nights. We ordered food and had a place to eat without having to find a table... I guess that would not be a problem right now, but during that weekend everything was FULL!

If (er, when) we go back to US, we will stay one night at HRH just to rent a cabana and hang around the pool, then move on to the RPH. I say that because RPH ( and I hear PH) just treat you better.

Hope this helps - :smooth:

Bob

Cheers Bob,

We were in Club level over Labor day weekend too!

I guess that I may have seen you there at some stage.

We were around, but when at the hotel we were in the cabana... almost wished they had a bed and I could have just rented that... lol

Every guy (and some ladies) who walked by Sat and Sun had to stop and asked what the score was. Didn't matter who was playing.

Bob

Call me the Cabana Queen :)

In a 6 night stay at Hard Rock I had Cabanas 7, 10 (twice), 2 & 5

Big attraction for me is shade... and a fridge with drinks, upright chairs... I don't like lounge chairs.. prefering normal chairs.

Swim for an hour with my DD... return to the cabana, have a cold drink in the shade, glorious view of the pool, watch a movie or keep up with what is happening in the world on CNN.

Order lunch from the Beach Bar (wings, pizza, salad.. etc) it is delivered to the cabana and served at your table. I watched people trying to eat out of plastic containers in the blazing sun with their food on their lap... ick.

Everyday it rained in the afternoon for an hour or so... did I scramble back to my room like 99% of the pool guests? Nope.. I retreated to my cabana and watched the rain pour.. read my book or watched TV, my DD9 coloured and drew pictures.. much better alternative to returning to the room... plus all our stuff stayed dry in there.

And when the rain ended we were first in the pool...

You can also close the curtains and change clothes etc... fresh towels are delivered to you... and cabanas 7 # 10 come with floats.

There is also a phone, bowl of fruit... and a safe place to keep your stuff.... I wish Disney had them at their resorts . I would rent one every day :)

By the way... I have new photos of cabanas & our hard rock stay on my website link below,

>>^..^<<

Thanks Cabana Queen! - LOL

..and Bob too ;)

I'm now begining to see the attraction - thanks for sharing.

I was kind of thinking the same thing till I read the decsription.... wow sound neat! How much to rent one?

If staying on the club level the cabana was $40 per full and I think 25 per half... but no halfs on Sat and Sun. The whole day is from 8am til 11pm (and sometimes later). The theme cabana were $70 I think. If not on club level they were $70 and $110.

When you count the 6 pack of coke (2.50 per coke = $15), the two waters (2 x 2.50 = $5) and the bowl of fruit (lots of fruit = $20 I'm guessing) the price is almost nothing - lol...

The experience, the shade, the fan, tv, refig, tables and chairs are what make it worthwhile.

Bob

I think it is a great thing to try during the summer/holiday months. If you go during a slow period, you probably would not feel the need for one.

We will be at the HRH Dec.10-14.Id like to rent a cabana on Thursday 11th.Can anyone suggest which one to rent?I dont have small children so I dont reall want to be near the kids pool.There wont be a movie that night.I have 2 17 and 18 year old girls with me who will probably love the slide.Thanks

Hi.. I recommend #7, 8, 9 or 10... the face the pool and hotel and the view from them is gorgeous...

#7 & #10 are themed so they cost a bit more... but 8 & 9 are great too.

Have a good time.. hope the weather cooperates with your pool plans as I recall last December was cool and rainy.

>>^..^<<

Cass,

I loved your pictures. I am now more excited than ever about the HRH!!!

Yay for you spidey-hulk...! You are going to have a wonderful holiday, what a sweet hubby you are :)

>>^..^<<

Never mind...Cabana Queen I checked out your website and saw your pictures of the themed cabanas. Nice pictures!

Depending on the "beerage" factor, Cabana's #1 and 2 are closer to the bar and bathrooms.

We had #2 and it is set back a little from the pool with no sand in front of it.... I must admit I liked that - but I live at the beach and get enough sand year round.

The themed cabanas would be fun with younger children - and #10 is right next to the hot tub (for those creaking bones).

BTW - on a completely different note - last time in the hot tub a 30ish lady got in with some "new equipment" - they would not go underwater (and were BIG) - she had to get out because she could not breathe - lol - just had to comment on that... and yes my wife pointed it out to me.

lol Bob... that wasn't me in case you were wondering... my equipment sinks :p

There is a restroom over by Cabana 7 too.... the secret restroom, no one was ever there.

The main building restrooms are closer to cabanas 4, 5 & 6...

"......see that girl... watch that seen... diggin' the cabana queen..........."

>>^..^<<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter