Cabana Bay walkway to Volcano Bay to Aventura

JOCAmom

DIS Veteran
I know Cabana Bay has a walkway to Volcano Bay. And Aventura also has a walkway to Volcano Bay. The last time we stayed at Cabana Bay, our room was at the very end of the Americana building near the walkway to Volcano Bay. We enjoy the boat rides into Citywalk so we would usually walk to the other end of Cabana Bay to take the walkway over to get to Sapphire Falls for the boats. Is it possible to walk to Volcano Bay from Cabana Bay and then use Aventura's walkway from Volcano Bay to cut down on the amount of walking to get to Sapphire Falls?

I am resurrecting this post because I have just been searching exactly the same thing!
Does anyone have the answer to this?
Having read that people are now being told crossing the road is a big no no, it seems like a much better option for guests staying in rooms near the Volcano Bay entrance (we will be staying in one of the towers) than the Cabana Bay walking path If it is allowed. Looking at maps of the resorts, the Cabana Bay walking path doesn’t look like it actually takes you into SF by the boat dock either?

What I don’t understand is why there is no crosswalk between Aventura and Cana Bay? The walk from Sapphire to Cabana Bay is not a pleasant one in the heat of the day unless you cross where you aren’t supposed to.

It would make things a lot easier if there were. The walking Path on the other side of the road links SF with Aventura before reaching Volcano Bay, I have just watched a video of people walking it, but it doesn’t show just before the tunnel under the road, so I wonder if that is where the security gate is rather than at Volcano Bay itself. If so, then it might be a problem using it as a general path between resorts?

I couldn't find a walkway in December to get to SF from Cabana Bay in any way that wasn't a ridiculous detour. So, we j walked and judging by the well worn path, we weren't the only ones. Why you aren't allowed to cross safely at the lights is a mystery to me. It's just asking guests to be unsafe like we were.

I have just read someone’s trip report on pool hopping where they caught the VB bus from outside their resort. The buses drop off to use the same “tunnel” under the road to get to VB that those using the walking path from SF and Aventura would use. They then took the path that links VB with CBBR to use the pools at CBBR.
This leads me to think that we could use that same tunnel to cross the road from the VB end of CBBR and get to SF without using the convoluted walking path the other end of the resort, of course I am assuming the tunnel entrance and exit are open even if VB isn’t, otherwise it wouldn’t work as an option to get to the parks for opening.

I have just read someone’s trip report on pool hopping where they caught the VB bus from outside their resort. The buses drop off to use the same “tunnel” under the road to get to VB that those using the walking path from SF and Aventura would use. They then took the path that links VB with CBBR to use the pools at CBBR.
This leads me to think that we could use that same tunnel to cross the road from the VB end of CBBR and get to SF without using the convoluted walking path the other end of the resort, of course I am assuming the tunnel entrance and exit are open even if VB isn’t, otherwise it wouldn’t work as an option to get to the parks for opening.
You have to go through a security checkpoint to go from CBBR to VB, before you reach the place where the paths join up. I seriously doubt the path will be open when VB is not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter