Cabana bay v Royal Pacific week of August 20th

dixonsontour

DIS Veteran
So we are going back again to Universal. 2 adults and our daughter who is 11. We've stayed several times at Cabana bay and we all love it especially my daughter.

But this is our first August trip (August 20th to 27th). We usually travel late October and are spoilt by quiet parks. We do use early entry (up early due to time difference from UK anyway).

Wondering about trying royal pacific? DD is arguing heavily for Cabana bay again (the best hotel ever in her opinion) but I'm leaning towards express in heat of August.

Any views? How is the pool at Royal pacific we do spend a lot of time in the pool

Well booked Cabana again Volcano view, we love it there. May do 1 night at deluxe to get 2 days express we shall see.

So we are going back again to Universal. 2 adults and our daughter who is 11. We've stayed several times at Cabana bay and we all love it especially my daughter.

But this is our first August trip (August 20th to 27th). We usually travel late October and are spoilt by quiet parks. We do use early entry (up early due to time difference from UK anyway).

Wondering about trying royal pacific? DD is arguing heavily for Cabana bay again (the best hotel ever in her opinion) but I'm leaning towards express in heat of August.

Any views? How is the pool at Royal pacific we do spend a lot of time in the pool

Remember that you can pool hop.

Yes, you can pool hop. I have used the PB pools when staying at CBBR for a change. RPR pool is very nice also but perhaps not as exciting to an 11 year old.

How many days do you plan to go to the parks? If every day, I would think you could get away without the Express Pass, crowds tend to decrease toward the end of August.

well, RPR pool has a nice child play area, but I assume A. has outgrown that splash area.
and RPR does not have a slide

still you can pool hop.

We were there last august (6 -> 26 in 2016) and crowds where very light from August 20th onwards.
From that date on, Citywalk was a ghost town in the evenig (it was even very stricking as the crowd level litteraly dopped overnight. One day, it would be shoulder to shoulder to exit CW, and the next day, you would have the whole alley to yourself.

I would compare this to the october crowds.

keep your eyes peeled for the Passholder appreciation days, if they return this year. Last year it was on august 19 and 20 (might be a bit early in the trip for you)
it was passholders only from 9:30pm to 11:30pm, past park closing time in both parks.

I sure hope it comes back this year.

Thanks. Comparable to October sounds great. After 7 Octobers in a row she is off to high school in September and they only have a short October break. So we are trying August. We will do 5 days Universal, albeit not full days plus MNSSHP.
Yes she is into pool/lazy river so cabana has won out again, she was delighted when i told her we had booked it.
Great tip about passholder appreciation not heard about that if it is 20th we will miss as only arriving that sunday evening

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter