Cabana Bay review

GatorChris

Not of This World
We got to stay 7 nights at Cabana Bay resort 10-10 to 10-17 on a steal of a deal from Universal. And I'm so glad! After years of doing Florida trips to strictly WDW, this was a nice change.

First, for a family of 5, Disney has nothing to offer in this price range. So a big win for Universal on this. The inside had this totally swag 50s vibe. The colors were vibrant, everything was rounded, the floors sparkled, and even the wall separating the beds from the hideaway couch/bed and kitchen was awesome. If you have more than 4 in your family, THIS is the resort you're looking for. It has two sections. A motel and hotel side. Doors opening to the outside and to the inside. We did the motel side to save a few dollars. Honestly, it gave it so much more of a 50s vibe doing it this way. So glad we went cheap!

The "hotel" side. Honestly, every time I saw this sign, I started thinking of John Wick. "Welcome to the Continental, Jonathan."

The pools were really nice and warm. Not sure if that's a Florida thing because of the sun or they warmed them up. The slide wasn't working 6 out of the 7 days. It's not built for adults. If you're over 175, you'll get stuck. It's a kid slide. Our room was on the motel side where the slide is.

The hotel side has another pool with a sandy entry and even a lazy river. You have to buy inter tubes from the resort to float on it, so we just swam around for awhile. But that side of the resort has a great view of Volcano Bay (greatest water resort of all time).

Where this resort really shined was at dusk and at night. When the lights came on, it was really a magical place. With the parks closing early in October, it made the resorts such an awesome place to just chill. Either in the pool or at one of their man-made beaches.

Of course, we had lots of amenities not available because of C19. No bed service or trash service unless we called. But all things being equal, I can't imagine having a better experience at Universal. Even the bus service was amazing. Maybe the deluxe resorts have way more, but they don't seem to have rooms for 5 at a very economical price. So for the future, Cabana Bay is the place we'll call ours.

Thanks for the detailed review.

We've stayed at CB, RPR, and PBH. While CB was the least favorite of the three, it isn't a fair comparison given the price difference. The kids did like the lazy river and the food court at CB, but are now spoiled by the EPs at the deluxe hotels. We are a family of 4, so the family suite at CB did not make much difference for us, especially compared to the EP and ferry access.

Our next trip is split between HRH and ESS. I'm looking forward to the 2-bedroom suite at ESS. For $115 per night over Thanksgiving, it will let us extend our trip by 3 days and give us a separate room from the kids...

SF also looks like a great compromise between value and deluxe hotels. Looks like the only thing missing is the EP.

Loved CB when we were there a couple of years ago. The food court was great. It was our "US/IOA' bucket list trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter