Cabana Bay lazy river question...

northernlights2

Earning My Ears
Recently, I saw a vlog that stated you must use a tube to ride the lazy river.
Now we have stayed at Cabana Bay twice, and have used the lazy river several times without purchasing tubes.

So my question is for anyone staying there now or who has stayed there recently.

Do you now need a tube to ride the lazy river at Cabana Bay...or was the video mistaken on that point?

Thanks much!

Recently, I saw a vlog that stated you must use a tube to ride the lazy river.
Now we have stayed at Cabana Bay twice, and have used the lazy river several times without purchasing tubes.

So my question is for anyone staying there now or who has stayed there recently.

Do you now need a tube to ride the lazy river at Cabana Bay...or was the video mistaken on that point?

Thanks much!

I wonder if they were mixing up the Cabana Bay lazy river with the Volcano Bay lazy river.

I was there in August and you didn't have to use a tube then. Maybe they were confusing the fact that they have to be purchased and are not free? :confused3

Perhaps confusing VB with CB, as VB it's required and not with CB. I went there two weeks ago and not a single lifeguard made any comments, or stopped me when I was without a tube.

I booked a last minute holiday and will be there in February. I shall report back ! 😃

We were there a couple of weeks ago and you do not need a float. However, don't try to use a life jacket as a float (laying on top of it). The life guards will let you know that if you are going to use it, it must be worn properly.

All this talk of the floats in the pool is tempting me to buy a floating unicorn, or I have seen a small floating island as well haha !
I’m all seriousness though, thank you to all who are offering useful
Advice.

Now I have a bit Of a bug bear - the
Parking charge/fee !!!

I read is $18 dollars a Day - is this true ?
I don’t suppose there are any cunning ways around charge ?

its very disappointing as Disney do not charge their hotel guests for parking.

So where are good places to eat at the resort ?
Thanking you all in advance for your pearls of wisdom 🙏🏼😃

Actually, I should have stated I’m a DVC member so I don’t have to pay - but yes I can see non-members do.

Seems rather greedy to me. Perhaps even a nominal fee would be acceptable. 🤔

I read is $18 dollars a Day - is this true ?
I don’t suppose there are any cunning ways around charge ?

Yes, it's true and you can stay parked there the next day until midnight. So, if you think about it that way if you stay one night you pay $19 (by the time tax is added) for two days. I asked as we were intending to stay one night, but had plans to keep the car there and continue to enjoy the resort / other things in the area even after check out time. She informed me that we wouldn't be billed another day (as I thought we would) and could stay until midnight if we wanted to.

No ways around charge unless dropped off and have no car.

Can you bring your own float ring or noodle to Cabana Bay lazy river or if you use one does it have to be one you buy at Cabana Bay?

To add to this - they'll deflate it for you, too, and put it in a nice plastic bag so you're not dripping all the way back to your room. :-)

and for those who would purchase one. If you don't write anything on it then, most of the time, they'll just take your tube, and give you a brand new one in the box, for you to take home ... takes less space than a deflated one if you fly home

we usually buy new ones each year (to reuse in our own pool at home) and Sharpie our name on it to avoid anyone thinking they're free to take when they are left to dry on our lounger, lol, but next time we might not do that, as flying back to europe has a big space issue attached to luggage allowance ...

I hear the shop to purchase pool tubes is closed due to COVID. If I bring my own, will they still inflate it for me? Thanks.

and Sharpie our name on it to avoid anyone thinking they're free to take when they are left to dry on our lounger, lol,

That's a smart idea. Someone nabbed our float on our last night when I plunked it down on a chair to go get a drink. I was irritated but DS was distraught. DH was like hey one less thing to pack! lol. I figured I'd bring a cord or piece of string and tie it to the chair next time. I hate to do that but having already had one taken I'm not willing to offer another one up.

@Cjtigger Yeah, you'll have to inflate it on your own if that rumor ends up being true when you arrive for your vacation. It's been a couple of months since my trip so things might have changed. If it's closed, no one will be there to inflate it.

@Bethany10 If anything what you can do is also make it easily identifiable other than just writing your name as well, or at least that's my recommendation to anyone. I personally would just bring one, but if someone needs to buy one there, or ever has bought one there. I would not only write the name of the person, but either make it massively big, or do something else on the raft that is easily identifiable that way if you see someone else has it you'll know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter