Cabana Bay Family Suite!

EnchantedRoses

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

We will be heading down to Universal in September for 9 nights/10 days. We will be staying at Cabana Bay in a Family Suite. We stayed there last year - LOVED IT. Last year on the night we arrived, we had our uber stop at a Walmart to pick up some essentials. Milk, Bread, Cereal, some bakery goods, water and some snacks. We honestly didn't know how much the fridge in the room held. We do eat in the parks, and we even did uber eats one night, we also ate at City Walk. This next trip, I want to be able to buy stuff to have a quick breakfast in the room before heading to the parks (saves time), not to mention our youngest (6) has a very limited palette that changes from month to month :headache: so I do plan on buying things I know he will eat without a problem.

Question is....what are some of your favorite foods to prepare in the room (mostly breakfast ideas, but we are open to other meals)? What are your favorite snacks? I know we have a few months before we head out, but I want to make a list of things have an idea of what to get!
Thanks!

Hi when we stayed in the family suite and did some breakfast items I did : little microwave oatmeal cups, fruit and cereal bars, pop tarts and the little cereal cups and put milk in and some fresh fruit. I see that there is a microwavable cup that you can add an egg in and it becomes a breakfast bowl. I did make tuna and chicken salad sandwiches for lunch twice.

We have been over the years doing more little meals in the room to save some money and time. I am getting use to it.

Enjoy your trip!

The kids like bacon. So we used to bring some paper plates and paper towels, buy some bacon from a local grocer and cook it in the microwave. It is actually pretty good and less greasy as the paper towels soak up most of the bacon grease.

My breakfast in the room options are the following:

No fridge or microwave: BelVita and a banana
Pop-Tarts, pastries, Cinnamon Rolls
PB&J Sandwiches (individual jellys won't need a fridge, a jar or squeezable will)
Cereal/Protein Bars
Apple with peanut butter

Fridge only: Overnight oats-stored on shelf until milk is added the night before eating, I don't mind eating cold but can be microwaved if wanted.
Cereal and milk
I like using shelf stable milk like "Parmalet" as I only have to refrigerate an open one and can keep additional quantities on the shelf and don't have to use fridge space.
Milk stir-ins to make chocolate milk.
Greek Yogurt (add granola if you want)
Cheese Sticks or Babybel
Individual juice bottles that can be cooled the night before.

Microwave and fridge: "Just Crack an Egg" (only the eggs need fridge space and can buy a 6 pack)
I shop frozen meals that specifically have instructions on how to cook from thawed as it will be refrigerated only.
I have no problem heating frozen breakfast sandwiches from thawed as I do this at home routinely.
Pre cooked bacon sold as shelf stable only has to be microwaved before eating.
If a microwave is available you can get a water added version that is cooked immediately (not the overnight oats mentioned above).

Either way, I would be trying these at home before you go so you know which brands and flavors you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter