CA...new monsters inc ride/attraction...

rsjj

DIS Veteran
i read somewhere that this ride/attraction will open in january. does anyone here know if it's already open, or when in january this will happen? any info would be greatly appreciated!! thank you in advance! :flower:

They are doing soft openings now. I got to ride it several times last week.

what does "soft openings" mean? so if i go, we can ride it? can you briefly describe/explain what the ride/attraction is? is it for little ones? have a 4 yo...ok for him? height limit? thanx!! :flower:

It was open last week. No problem with any children, that I could see. Fairly tame ride, follows the story, nice though. Front seats are low, which means the front may block the view of the little ones. have them sit in the 2d or 3d row.

We got to ride it on 12/30. It is a really nice addition to DCA. It is like a Fantasyland ride-Mr. Toad or Snow White, etc..., but of course, to the Monsters Inc. theme. It is very much like the movie. You feel like you're in the movie. We liked it and our kids loved it. :)

thank you everyone!! really appreciate all your input & info! :flower:

Hi!
As of Tuesday, it is officially listed as "open" on the park map!! :sunny:

Lisa

Hi, we just got back and got to ride it a couple of times! It was me, ds (2), dd(5), and my twin nieces (11). We all really enjoyed it. Like the prev. poster said, you go thru the scenes of the movie and you do feel like you're in the movie. I thought the ride was well done. It seemed a little longer than the movie themed rides in Fantasyland at DL. Characters seemed a little more 'life like'? Can't think of the word I'm looking for (sorry :guilty: ). Only thing that is a bummer is that there is no fast pass :sad1: . Oh well.

Hope you enjoy the ride.

A soft opening means that it can close and open without any notice. Officially it it not open yet but the chance of getting to ride is great.

Not sure when but I read that it is to offically open in January. Which was great when we were planning a February trip but now that has been cancelled, so it won't be until May 07 that I get a chance to see it :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter