C & J's Disney Fantasy Cruise Wedding

JerJax

Earning My Ears
Hello, everyone! I'd like to give my name and my information from the get go, but this is a confidential mission of the highest security clearance! There is a reason for this, as I'll gladly divulge in just a few moments!

I'd like to start by saying thank you to all of you who have posted your PJ's! I haven't been able to review them all as much as I would like, but trust that I'll likely be browsing through these for some time, as our fantasy wedding is quite a ways away!

I'm not sure if this is a novelty or not, but I am not a woman. I am a man planning a wedding for an unsuspecting future bride. As a matter of fact, this post is REALLY jumping the gun because I haven't even proposed, though, that has been plotted out. We've discussed getting married at length. To date, she has proposed a quaint (by our poor-Kentuckian standards) ceremony; to which I have stalwartly countered with a civil ceremony at the Justice of the Peace. How romantic, right?

I suppose you will need some details, because I'm suspecting that at this very moment, you're likely pulling your hair out thinking I'm nuts for wanting to do something like this without involving my bride-to-be. So, here are the current details:

I'm J (that's all you're getting for now, don't want to spoil the surprise), and she'll be C. We are a very relaxed, laid back, happy, loving couple. We are both from broken homes, and have both experienced tragically failed marriages. My marriage was destroyed by a cheating wife, and C's marriage was destroyed by an abusive husband. We found each other by random chance in an online writing community and hit it off from the first date. We were both in financial shambles due to our previous marriages and we both doubled-down on our savings and payments and after two years, we are completely debt free aside from my mortgage. Neither of us come from money, by any means. Both of our fathers are truckers who never had any luck with money, and our mothers have struggled their whole lives providing for two children. We've lived together for the last two years in bliss and, honestly, we have not had fight one. We both prefer to talk things through, as we got tired of fighting during our previous relationships. To put it honest, we get along famously.

As far as our wedding plans were concerned, we are both sure we want to be married again, and to each other no less. She wants a nice wedding (a nice wedding by our standards is likely very plain to most peoples) but expects little more than a civil ceremony, which she says she would be more than happy with. She just wants to be married to me, and I want nothing but the same.

We have been saving for the last year to pay cash for my dream car, and it's my plan to reward her with an engagement ring in the glove box of the car. We're both car-nuts on the side, so while this might seem a lazy proposal, she'll dig it. The exact details of this proposal are subject to change, but I want it to have something to do with the automobile because she's sacrificed as much as I have to ensure that I get this car, and her only request is that I not 'forget about her' once we buy it. That's the damned saddest thing I've ever heard, so I figured I'd make her honest the DAY we buy it so she won't have to worry.

So, with her expecting so little out of a wedding (her previous wedding was a held at the courthouse, no formal attire), and her facination with Disney, I wanted to surprise her with not just a ring, but cruise tickets, details about the wedding, and a wedding planner for her to contact and begin taking over the reigns, so to speak.

This will all be going down about this time, next year, and I will be updating this from time to time to give more details. I'd really appreciate any input from any ladies and gentlemen regarding my plans and our future wedding! Until then, I'll be socking as much into savings as I can and reading all of your PJ's and reviews.

Thanks,

J

Hello, everyone! I'd like to give my name and my information from the get go, but this is a confidential mission of the highest security clearance! There is a reason for this, as I'll gladly divulge in just a few moments!

I'd like to start by saying thank you to all of you who have posted your PJ's! I haven't been able to review them all as much as I would like, but trust that I'll likely be browsing through these for some time, as our fantasy wedding is quite a ways away!

I'm not sure if this is a novelty or not, but I am not a woman. I am a man planning a wedding for an unsuspecting future bride. As a matter of fact, this post is REALLY jumping the gun because I haven't even proposed, though, that has been plotted out. We've discussed getting married at length. To date, she has proposed a quaint (by our poor-Kentuckian standards) ceremony; to which I have stalwartly countered with a civil ceremony at the Justice of the Peace. How romantic, right?

I suppose you will need some details, because I'm suspecting that at this very moment, you're likely pulling your hair out thinking I'm nuts for wanting to do something like this without involving my bride-to-be. So, here are the current details:

I'm J (that's all you're getting for now, don't want to spoil the surprise), and she'll be C. We are a very relaxed, laid back, happy, loving couple. We are both from broken homes, and have both experienced tragically failed marriages. My marriage was destroyed by a cheating wife, and C's marriage was destroyed by an abusive husband. We found each other by random chance in an online writing community and hit it off from the first date. We were both in financial shambles due to our previous marriages and we both doubled-down on our savings and payments and after two years, we are completely debt free aside from my mortgage. Neither of us come from money, by any means. Both of our fathers are truckers who never had any luck with money, and our mothers have struggled their whole lives providing for two children. We've lived together for the last two years in bliss and, honestly, we have not had fight one. We both prefer to talk things through, as we got tired of fighting during our previous relationships. To put it honest, we get along famously.

As far as our wedding plans were concerned, we are both sure we want to be married again, and to each other no less. She wants a nice wedding (a nice wedding by our standards is likely very plain to most peoples) but expects little more than a civil ceremony, which she says she would be more than happy with. She just wants to be married to me, and I want nothing but the same.

We have been saving for the last year to pay cash for my dream car, and it's my plan to reward her with an engagement ring in the glove box of the car. We're both car-nuts on the side, so while this might seem a lazy proposal, she'll dig it. The exact details of this proposal are subject to change, but I want it to have something to do with the automobile because she's sacrificed as much as I have to ensure that I get this car, and her only request is that I not 'forget about her' once we buy it. That's the damned saddest thing I've ever heard, so I figured I'd make her honest the DAY we buy it so she won't have to worry.

So, with her expecting so little out of a wedding (her previous wedding was a held at the courthouse, no formal attire), and her facination with Disney, I wanted to surprise her with not just a ring, but cruise tickets, details about the wedding, and a wedding planner for her to contact and begin taking over the reigns, so to speak.

This will all be going down about this time, next year, and I will be updating this from time to time to give more details. I'd really appreciate any input from any ladies and gentlemen regarding my plans and our future wedding! Until then, I'll be socking as much into savings as I can and reading all of your PJ's and reviews.

Thanks,

J
Wow J! That sounds so exciting. C is a lucky lady. Anything new in the plans yet?

Wow! Your enthusiasm and idea is so great! I really love the fact that you're pretty much surprising her with the same package and in the process getting the hardest part out of the way (cruise tickets, wedding coordinator, etc.) so she really deals with the fun stuff!

I sort of jumped the gun as well and planned our wedding on a family trip to Catalina Island off of California, when I got back I surprised my fiance with 'okay, so I know what we're doing for the wedding, so anytime you want to propose go ahead okay?' and even knowing he would propose at some point he still shocked me with his proposal!

You guys can be flipping amazing with surprises that catch us off guard and I'm sure she will love it!!!

Anyways, I look forward to hearing further about her reaction and seeing your PJ. We're getting married in October 2014 on the Fantasy and are very excited to test out the new ship!!!

Good luck! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter