BYOB? anyone know?

Stinasmom

DIS Veteran
I have questions for an experienced Disney cruiser...about bringing beverages on board...could we get away with a soft sided cooler with both sodas and beer? (taken as a carry-on) Will anyone search our luggage and find our stash of rum or wine? just looking to save a bit of $$ in this area while on the ship! Can passengers most walk anywhere on the ship with alcoholic beverages? (such as from cabin to pool, deck to restaurant, etc.) Not that drinking is all we plan on doing...it's just a subject I have not been able to find much detail about anywhere else!
:hyper:

THANKS!

Yes, it's ok to BYOB. We limit ourselves to wine, though, to keep in the room. If you bring your own wine to dinner there is a $17 "corkage fee". The wine package, though, is a good value and what you don't finish one night comes to dinner the next. I probably wouldn't walk around the ship with my *own* alcohol (such as a can of beer) out in the open, though you can definately walk the ship with your drink, and you could always put it in a soda cup or one of the mugs they sell on the ship. "Drinks of the day" are specially priced and are sold all over the place.

On our first cruise DH carried a big bag (like Santa Clause :teeth: )with a bunch of water, soda and wine, enough for the two families in our group. We were greeted with raised eyebrows but not stopped. Second cruise we left the drinks in our suitcase. They were seen but nobody said anything. A cooler would probably be ok but your first stop after boarding is to go to lunch and you'll have your cooler in tow. That's where we encountered the raised eyebrows. If you don't mind it's not a big deal.

Many DISers we cruised with all left the rest of their wine for their cabin stewards. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter