• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV - standard - tell me about your experiences

Torontogal

Mouseketeer & Disney Vacation Club Member
We are thinking of going in March 2006 for a 1 bedroom.
I would love to know any feedback you have of this resort. Is there are particular area or room I should request. I heard that some standard rooms allow you to see Illuminations - which ones?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much!

We always try to get a standard view at BWV and most of the time we get it, but that is with booking at the 11 month mark. You may get lucky and be able to get a standard view at this time, but if not, ask to be put on the waiting list. All of our standard view views have been along the entry drive, so you are overlooking the entrance, bus stop area. And yes we can see some of the illuminations fireworks at night. The higher you are the better you can see them, but we usually request to be on the second floor so we don't have to hassle with the elevators (not that it is that much of a hassle, just something we've gotten used to). There may be other locations that are also standard view, but this is what we have always been given.

Good luck with your reservations.

The views are very enchanting at the BWV. If you can book soon enough and get a Board Walk View great, if you cant just get a standard view, the preferred view will give you a pool or river view and all views after BoardWalk are comperable.

The higher you are the better for seeing the fireworks from Illuminations. On our recent stay we had a first floor room we couldn't see anything from and then a 4th floor room where we were able to see some (but not all).

In June we had a Boardwalk view and it gave us a great view of Illuminations. You could even see the fire in the beginning of the show.

Standard view rooms 2123, 3123 & 4123 wrap around from the driveway to the end of the building with a view of the Studios. If I remember right they are considered "Driveway/duck pond/tennis court view." They are a very long walk from the hotel lobby, but these 1-bedroom rooms are HUGE!

We stayed in 3123 in April 2004 and couldn't believe our luck! When the CM assigned our room, she had a big smile on her face and said we were lucky.

There is a stairwell right across the hall, so as long as you can walk the stairs you can get down to the ground level easily. There is an entry door right there on the 1st floor with a walkway to the bus stop.

Since you can't request a room number with MS, you could request the view.

Good Luck!

Guaranteed Boardwalk views and standard views are probably all booked up for next March since the 7 month window for that time opened in August. It's possible to still get lucky, but to avoid disappointment, don't count on getting one - especially if you are renting points. About 60% of the BWV rooms are Preferred view - Pool or Garden view. That's the category you are most likely to get if you don't already have a reservation.

If you are renting points (and getting a BW or standard view is important to you), be sure to discuss the waitlist process/issues with the owner before commiting to the rental. If you are already an owner, I apologize for posting something you probably already know! :teeth:

Best wishes -

We always go for the Boardwalk view. Love sitting out on the balcony at night and watching the hustle and bustle. Looking forward to the views at Christmas time. Always breathtaking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter