BWV positives & negatives

Just returned from a 5 day stay at a 2 bedroom BWV. Room was on first floor close to pool which was nice. Positives include the BW location, cleanliness of the room, friendliness of staff, boardwalk entertainment, and activities for kids. One small negative was the pool slide was under renovation. However, the major downside to BW is the lack of a food court or marketplace. We had 3 lunches and 1 dinner unplanned and the only real option was pizza and the BW deli. The deli options were not great and one can only eat pizza so many times. The one night we didn't plan a sit down dinner, we went to the boardwalk and all the restaurants were booked and the Big River Grille told us it was a 90 minute wait. We walked to BW pizza and was told it would be a 45 minute wait for a slice of pizza!! I almost wish the former ESPN club was being transformed into a food court or marketplace. We would have loved to get a burger or chicken fingers one night. I can't think of any other resort that does not have a food court option.
You’re right, no food court! Trattoria sometimes has order-to-go availability on the app, and at the Swan and Dolphin main pool you can order good sandwiches and appetizers. We like using our park-hoppers tho and hike to Epcot for something great from the kiosks!

We stayed at BW recently. Huge storm developed at HS and we had to boogie quick (with the rest of the crowds too as it was essentially closing time). The boats and skyliner were not running due to the lightning. We ran back to BW and beat the rain! Huge pro in my opinion!
So true! That’s why I bought there. Even in rainy season, just hoof it home then back again later…

My advice is to request a dedicated studio, across from the bus stop. Dedicated studios do not have a connecting door to a 1 bedroom and are therefore more likely to be quieter than a lock off unit. Also, know that most all noise at the BWV comes from the hallways (unless you are unlucky enough to get very inconsiderate neighbors). Rooms closer to the elevators will be more convenient, but also noisier due to the guests traveling to and from. Rooms farther from the elevators are quieter for that reason and also tend to have better views. If your party can do stairs, you'll probably be happier with a room closer to the door across from the bus stop. These rooms are about midway between EPCOT and DHS if you walk rather than boat. .If you get a higher floor, you may have a view of the higher level fireworks from EPCOT. You will have a view of the Skyliner in the distance, from pretty much any standard view villa.

We can always find something to like about our standard view rom assignment, even if we don't get our request. We almost always stay standard view, but in 1 Bedrooms.

Enjoy!

Thank you for the info! We just returned home from our stay. Loved the location of BWV and the amenities! When we first checked in, they said they had a room ready on the first floor. I asked for a room on a higher floor, etc. They accommodated our request and we were able to see fireworks from our room which was really nice. The only drawback was that the room was not in great shape. For example, the bathroom door handle was coming apart, etc. And kids were playing out in the courtyard really late at night and we could hear that. But other than that, it was a great stay! We really loved the location and that we were able to get quickly back to our room at the end of the day.

What kind of breakfast options to they have over there? Just a bakery? I guess I assumed that all of the hotels had some sort of quick service type option but now I'm guessing I was wrong.

What kind of breakfast options to they have over there? Just a bakery? I guess I assumed that all of the hotels had some sort of quick service type option but now I'm guessing I was wrong.

Not a lot of breakfast options. They just had the Deli which had bakery items.

Fast food options have never been good at Boardwalk - even when the Boardwalk is fully operational the food stands aren't great and open really limited hours. For us, its definitely a grocery delivery stay (we don't stay in studios), with breakfast foods and stuff for sandwiches - although we eat most meals in the parks and end up tossing a lot of the groceries, we do break into all the groceries. But, although its been years since I've really used them, I have never found the food courts at Disney to be good anyway - its a lot of not great food for far too much money - if I'm going to eat something that tastes like frozen pizza or store chicken nuggets, I want to pay frozen pizza and store chicken nugget prices.

This is good to know. We did a BW stay two years ago but because we were visiting parks we just ate there. We have an upcoming two night stay in a 1BR (with two young adults) and we are not doing Disney parks. I know one time we left Epcot and went to CBR for food and enjoyed the options there. I also know Riviera food is a nice change too. Our plans will likely be heading to Universal (since we all have APs there) anyway, so it sounds like stocking up the room with some breakfast options for our 2 nights would be good. I love all the suggestions here, like Swan and Dolphin too, so maybe we will try to check those out this trip.

This is good to know. We did a BW stay two years ago but because we were visiting parks we just ate there. We have an upcoming two night stay in a 1BR (with two young adults) and we are not doing Disney parks. I know one time we left Epcot and went to CBR for food and enjoyed the options there. I also know Riviera food is a nice change too. Our plans will likely be heading to Universal (since we all have APs there) anyway, so it sounds like stocking up the room with some breakfast options for our 2 nights would be good. I love all the suggestions here, like Swan and Dolphin too, so maybe we will try to check those out this trip.
I actually thought BW had great food options. The Boardwalk Deli and the Pizza window were my fav. And lots of other food options around as well.

Is the cake bake shop progressing? - the latest photos I see don't show much progress since my Aug and Feb trips

We stayed at BW recently. Huge storm developed at HS and we had to boogie quick (with the rest of the crowds too as it was essentially closing time). The boats and skyliner were not running due to the lightning. We ran back to BW and beat the rain! Huge pro in my opinion!
The same thing happened to us when we were at Epcot. We were staying at BCV. As people were flooding out of the park, we decided to hit Remy’s one more time because of the zero line and our mere 100 yard walk to BCV. We made it to the hotel with s couple minutes to spare as the people with further “commutes” were getting drenched. Nothing like staying right next to a resort!

Big River Grill also does take out. The burgers there are pretty good.
:cutie:

I too would like to know how the new Cake Bake Shop is coming along. We will be back at the end of Jan and early Feb, I hope it's done by then. I for one am really looking forward to trying this new addition to the area.

I have found that watching AllEars hotel reviews w/ Quincy are very informative. They are really indepth and give the good and not so good aspects of each hotel.

I’ve owned at BWV since 1999 and that’s my only downside. Lack of a quick service like Captain Cooks or Roaring Fork. The Coffee Shop was a nice addition but it closes at 4pm. I wish they would have put in a mug refill.

There used to be a kid’s club? I think it was shutdown post 9/11. That could be a spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter