BWV outside access with online check in?

juju

DIS Veteran
Our last trip to BWV we were assigned a standard studio down by the pond and fountain. We parked in the self park lot and hauled our luggage over to go to our room. We noticed that we could not open the exterior door with our magic band. We backtracked and walked to the main entrance and then to our room which we were able to open with our magic band. I forgot about asking when we could access the outside doors. The magic band worked fine with the exterior door after this. Has anyone else had this experience or can you enlighten me on how this works initially? If we had known this would happen we would have dropped off our luggage in front before parking our car.

I believe you have to use your MB to open your room before it will work on external doors. Security feature of some type.

I have been told by the security guard at the hotel entrances that your magicband doesn't become active for that stay until you open your room door. Then everything else should work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!