BWV in July

LynnTH

DIS Veteran
So, I am getting points from a friend of my husbands. He has rented to us before (very cheaply). He is going to rent for us again for next July 20-27. How hard is it to get a BWV or BCV Studio during that time frame at 7 months out. We will take any view.

The guy we rent from is very nice but not very knowledgeable on DVC Points. (and he doesn't really care). I told him over and over he has to wait until December 20 to book. But he would not listen and tried to book the other day. So, we can book in a few weeks. Does he need to be online right when DVC opens? And what time is that? Thanks.

Late July probably isn't as hard to get as July 4, or Fall Frenzy, so right at 8 might not be necessary. But not too much later to make sure.

Try to be signed on and ready right at 8. Why take a chance.

If you ARE willing to take a chance, then do some ‘practice’ bookings, starting several days before, to familiarize yourself with availability, and see if you need 8 AM.

Or, even, see if you can get it 4 or 5 days before, and Walk it. This place is starting to look like the planet Hoth, in Star Wars. Full of walkers. That way, you will have 4 or 5 chances to get the days you want, not just ONE day.

High chance of getting BWV pool/garden view and likely still available even if you wait to call to reserve at 9 eastern, but much lower chance for boardwalk view, and unlikely for standard view. BCV is about 50/50. The time from July 7 to July 31 is the second lowest DVC demand time of the year (first is Feb 1 to the Thurs before Presidents Day) but studios at BWV in standard or boardwalk view and BCV can be difficult anytime at 7 months out.

Last edited:

I was able to book BWV pool/garden view studio for July 4th week a few days after the 7 month mark (we had been booked at early June but ended up having to push it back due to work). BCV wasn't available.

Try to be signed on and ready right at 8. Why take a chance.

If you ARE willing to take a chance, then do some ‘practice’ bookings, starting several days before, to familiarize yourself with availability, and see if you need 8 AM.

Or, even, see if you can get it 4 or 5 days before, and Walk it. This place is starting to look like the planet Hoth, in Star Wars. Full of walkers. That way, you will have 4 or 5 chances to get the days you want, not just ONE day.
The OP is not the owner of the points and doesn't have access to the member website. Her husband's friend owns the points.

Thanks Everyone. Sounds like we should be able to get something - I will need to tell him to try and be online right away at 8. Good to know it is not a high DVC booking time.

You mentioned the owner of the points is not very knowledgeable about DVC, well I would have a backup plan worked out with him in case you can't get all 7 nights. Will you do a split stay ? Or would you have a 2nd resort in mind ? I know several of the PP's have noted they were able to get a room, but BCV & BWV studios are very popular, I would just make sure you have a plan. On our last trip we were unable to get a studio, we did get most of the week in a one-bedroom and were able to waitlist the final two days.

You mentioned the owner of the points is not very knowledgeable about DVC, well I would have a backup plan worked out with him in case you can't get all 7 nights. Will you do a split stay ? Or would you have a 2nd resort in mind ? I know several of the PP's have noted they were able to get a room, but BCV & BWV studios are very popular, I would just make sure you have a plan. On our last trip we were unable to get a studio, we did get most of the week in a one-bedroom and were able to waitlist the final two days.

I have given him a list of DVC Units in order of what we prefer. Hopefully, he should be able to get something. I will remind him the day before to be online right at 8...

Good News!! Our friend was online right at 8 am and we were able to get BWV for all 7 nights in July. Pool/Garden View. Very excited. Now to plan our days so I can figure out dining and book that next month.

Good News!! Our friend was online right at 8 am and we were able to get BWV for all 7 nights in July. Pool/Garden View. Very excited. Now to plan our days so I can figure out dining and book that next month.
Have a fun trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter