BWV Home Resort

CaptnKirk

Earning My Ears
1st time disboards user, soon to be 1st time DVC owner. Considering BWV as home resort, annual visitor during Wine and Food Festival. Will I be able to book a preferred studio 11 months in advance? I am hearing BWV is tuff to get during Wine and Food Festival. Any /all advice welcome, please.

1st time disboards user, soon to be 1st time DVC owner. Considering BWV as home resort, annual visitor during Wine and Food Festival. Will I be able to book a preferred studio 11 months in advance? I am hearing BWV is tuff to get during Wine and Food Festival. Any /all advice welcome, please.

When you say "soon to be" DVC owner, does that mean you have a contract in hand? Is BWV your home resort? More info would be helpful.

No direct contract yet. I own at OKW via resale but looking at BWV direct given location to Epcot. Walking distance to Epcot is main draw.

You have a really good chance, if booking at the start of the home resort period, of booking a preferred studio. Mind you, preferred includes both Boardwalk View and Garden/Pool View. If you don't get a Boardwalk View, you will almost certainly be successful getting the Garden/Pool view if booking right away.

Why direct? You save a lot in resale for BWV, given that they're charging $165pp direct for it.

No direct contract yet. I own at OKW via resale but looking at BWV direct given location to Epcot. Walking distance to Epcot is main draw.

Okay, so these two posts contradict each other...soon to be 1st time owner....then you say you own at OKW. I won't be spending any more time on your questions.

At 11 months, you should be able to book a studio.
Also confused by the contradiction in your posts.
Why buy direct this time if you purchased resale last time? If you own OKW, you should already have the benefits.

OKW is resale, looking for direct add on to get member benefits and looking for Epcot resort, therefore BWV.

OKW is resale, looking for direct add on to get member benefits and looking for Epcot resort, therefore BWV.
I presume you're looking at small at BWV, if over 50 points I'd rethink the strategy. Getting preferred shouldn't be an issue exactly 11 months out but standard and BW view might be.

You might want to wait and use your OKW points to stay at BWV and BCV before buying another contract. You may like BCV better than BWV, you won't know until you stay there.

:earsboy: Bill

I would wait and use your 1st contract and see how you like DVC before purchasing more. It may be a great fit, it may not.
Have you rented points before or stayed in a DVC building? Cash vs DVC is different.
As far as buying direct for the benefits, only you can decide if the price difference is worth the extra money. As has been said many times, the perks today, can be taken away at any time.

There are several differences depending on where you stay and the type of room.
Obviously having a kitchen/kitchenette is different.
Probably housekeeping is the biggest difference.

For stays of seven or fewer nights, Trash and Towel Service is provided on day four. With this service, Housekeeping will
  • Empty the trash and put new liners in the wastebaskets
  • Provide fresh bathroom towels
  • Replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap
  • Replenish facial tissues, paper towels, and toilet paper
  • Replenish coffee, sugar, and cream
  • Replenish diswashing liquid, dishwasher detergent, sponges, and laundry detergent as applicable
There are areas to drop off your trash in between times.
You can pay for more housekeeping services if you wish.

This has not been an issue for us, but good to know about.

Front Desk policies are different for DVC, room locations are different, views are different, room interiors can be decorated differently.

:earsboy: Bill

Having BWV as your home resort will give you the best chance of getting a room there during F&W at 11 months. But it's getting harder and harder every year. You have to be pretty on top of your reservation and be making it right around the 11 month mark. However, if you don't have BWV as a home resort, your chances of getting a studio there during F&W drop quite a bit.

To answer your question, roughly 70% (give or take) of BWV is "Preferred" View Garden/Pool View. I would estimate that less than 15% of the rooms are "Preferred" View Boardwalk View. The remainder are Standard View. (If someone has more accurate math on this, please feel free to share). So if you want to book a Boardwalk View, it is highly competitive. Not only will you need to be an owner at BWV but depending on the dates of your visit you may need to walk your reservation ahead of time. I've owned at BWV for 5 years and many times I have been shut out at 8am on the 11 month window. Pretty much the same applies to Standard View rooms as well. There is not as much competition for Garden View studios so you will be able to book, but most likely not once the 7 month window opens up. 1BR units should be available at the 7 month window with mixed results.

Point is, if you want to stay there in a studio during F&W, that needs to be your home resort. If you really desire the benefits of direct, the most cost effective strategy is to buy a BWV resale contract and then add on 25 points direct with the same UY. That will get you all of the perks for as long as they last, without the hefty price tag.

@ELMC , you're very close. There are 245 studios at BWV. Of them, 52 (21%) are standard view, 29 (12%) are boardwalk view and the remaining 164 (67%) are garden/pool views.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter