BWV Ground Floor Standard Room

billsfan

Lets Go BUFF-A-LO
Is there any reason I should NOT request a ground floor for my 2 night stay in a standard one BR villa at the Boardwalk. I am staying a Friday & Saturday night in August. Friday night we are going to the KISS concert :rockband: in Orlando and Saturday night we plan on eating at Kimonos and then staying at Jellyrolls until it closes. I figure after many adult beverages :faint: it would be easier to get to our room on the ground floor.

In April we had ground floor standard studios near each other, and there were no negatives as far as we were concerned.

Bobbi:thumbsup2

If your objective is to avoid taking an elevator or the stairs, keep in mind that the lobby is on the second floor. If you are coming from the main entrance/parking lots, you will need to take stairs or an elevator to get to your ground floor room.

If you are coming from the lake side, you can go through the walkway from the Village Green to the Luna Park pool area and then take a left to enter through that door to avoid the elevators or stairs.

There's no way to avoid elevators or stairs for both directions - so choose your poison, LOL.

If your objective is to avoid taking an elevator or the stairs, keep in mind that the lobby is on the second floor. If you are coming from the main entrance/parking lots, you will need to take stairs or an elevator to get to your ground floor room.

If you are coming from the lake side, you can go through the walkway from the Village Green to the Luna Park pool area and then take a left to enter through that door to avoid the elevators or stairs.

There's no way to avoid elevators or stairs for both directions - so choose your poison, LOL.

If you are coming from the parking lot or bus stop, there's no need to go to the second floor lobby. There is a first floor entrance at the end of the building by the pond. See the yellow section in the picture:

ry%3D400

If you are coming from the parking lot or bus stop, there's no need to go to the second floor lobby. There is a first floor entrance at the end of the building by the pond. See the yellow section in the picture:

You're totally correct. I forgot about that one, LOL. And I use it all the time when we're there, too. Go figure!

Thanks for the correction.

We were in room 1121 from 6/7-6/10 and while in the beginning I thought it was too far (from the lobby to the room).. We found that that was really the only time we had to do that trip.

Ground floor was very convenient going to the Luna Pool and the Bus Stop (our room was just beside the exit door across the bus stop).

One time we took the bus from AKV to BVW, went down at the Swan to walk over. As we were going over the bridge, DH noticed that we left our bag of frozen waters). We walked back to our room, they went out of the patio across the street JUST in time as the bus was rolling off the bus stop! We got our bag back :)

We stayed in one of these once and our kids left food where we didn't see and we had ants the next day. Might have happened on another floor as well. And it wasn't Disney's fault. But I am more careful now especially in first floor units.

We recently stayed in a 4th floor Std. Studio @ BWV. Wondering if 1st floor might be more convenient? Is it noisy on 1st floor for standard views? However, going to request top floor for BW view.

I love ground floor rooms at blt. My favorite are the rooms facing the marina because you can walk out your patio easily. Plus the view is great and so convenient to the main bldg. A negative though is since there are no sheers, you have to close the curtains for privacy.

We just completed a stay at the Boardwalk villas and loved the first floor room. I really didn't think I would like it but now I am a convert. The only time we went through the lobby or used the elevator was for check in/out and 3 bus rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter