BWI vs WL?

disneylover23

Mouseketeer
Never been to BW. Size of resort kinda scares me!! We have a garden view room booked for March( psyched for F&G). However WL has a studio available for about the same price and we love WL!! What to do?.....

Thanks for suggestions and support

“Psyched for F&G” answers the question. Board Walk for sure so you can walk right into Epcot. The compound of BW, BC, YC may be huge and sprawling but BW itself is not.

I love WL too, but I save it for the Holiday season.

Never been to BW. Size of resort kinda scares me!! We have a garden view room booked for March( psyched for F&G). However WL has a studio available for about the same price and we love WL!! What to do?.....

Thanks for suggestions and support

Love the WL, but had my first BWI stay this past June and absolutely LOVED it! Since you've already stayed at WL, I'd give BWI a try. Good luck! :)

We’ve stayed many times at WL, before we decided to try the Epcot resorts. We don’t spend all day in the parks and enjoy resort time, so we often found that when we stayed at WL our eating options were very limited. We loved WL itself, just didn’t care for it’s location. We much prefer EPCOT hotels for the flexibility in eating options and walking proximity to two of the parks.

Last edited:
WL is a beautiful resort and we have enjoyed staying there, but BWV is our favorite resort. We love the ability to stroll over to EPCOT any time with no hassle of using transportation. This is one of those can't go wrong dilemmas, but I highly recommend BWI.

I'll agree with others who have voted for BWI. It's actually our favorite resort, and we've stayed at all of the deluxes except for WL -- which we'll be staying at this December. For F&G, you can't beat being able to quickly walk over to World Showcase to enjoy all the food booths and beautiful flowers. We actually prefer F&G to F&W, so we particularly love being able to stay at an EP resort for this festival, and the room decor at BWI is our favorite of the 3 EP hotels.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Thank you all for the input! For now I guess I will keep my BWI reservation lol I’m so excited for my return to WDW F&G. My daughter and I have been twice and I just love that time of year!

BW and WL are my two favorite resorts (I own DVC at both!) and Both have great theming. I usually split stay because I like to be able to walk to Epcot and HS on the days I’m at BW and have the boat ride to MK for the days I’m at WL. Though I know not everyone likes to split stay.

If you don’t want to split stay, I’d choose BW since you haven’t stayed there before and you’re excited for F&G.

For relaxing outside of the parks, I think WL has the better pool and pool food options. At BW you have more food options, like going into Epcot and over to the other surrounding hotels (including Dolphin), but I don’t like the quick service options at BW itself. WL has the better running trail, if you care about that :-)

But BW is really fun with the Boardwalk entertainment and you can’t beat the walk to two parks. And we love Ample Hills :-)

WL for the holidays. BWI for F&G. I think BWI feels elegant, more quiet than some of the other resorts and very romantic. Your garden view will be lovely and your balcony will be wonderful for morning coffee and evening drinks.

DW and I have stayed at the Boardwalk many times, all but once in a Garden View room. All of the rooms have a balcony that look out over peaceful gardens. Many of the Garden View rooms look out towards Epcot. We have had the Eiffel Tower in the background. And frequently had rooms where we watched the higher Illuminations fireworks from our balcony. It is a wonderful location, especially during festival time at Epcot. You will really enjoy just being able to wander over to Epcot.

If you are looking forward to F&G then the Boardwalk Inn will is the place to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter