BWI vs. BCV

We actually have those, but they are still cold... and I actually need one for myself - I don't generally like walking through hotel lobbies without "proper attire" or dripping wet. And there isn't really a need most of the time since most hotels where I've stayed, including non-Disney ones, have a quick and discreet way to go from room to pool and back.

It is a longer walk but we tend to walk back from the pool on the walkway to Epcot turning off on that path (gate) just before the bridge. It is longer but you are outside the whole time until you get to the villas.

most hotels where I've stayed, including non-Disney ones, have a quick and discreet way to go from room to pool and back

This is true, although those hotels usually have a pool, not a 3 acre mini water park. When staying off property (for a convention or something) I usually stay at the Hilton Orlando on international drive and they have a fairly decent sized pool complex (with an AWESOME lazy river, I must say). In that case, the elevators go to a lower level beneath the lobby to access a rear set of doors directly out to the pool. Even there, it's a 150 foot walk in some pretty aggressive AC past one of the hotel restaurants, although not through the lobby.

I've been known to use my walk back from SAB to cough the words "buy resale" as I walk past whomever is sitting at the DVC sales desk. I know.....I'm terrible. 8-) Maybe I'll grow up someday... Probably not. :D

And as you so elegant has stated in the past, the more that dislike BCV the more rooms are available for you when you need to book:P

Yes, absolutely! BWV is the best!! :ssst:

Unfortunately, both are super popular so that doesn't really work, but I certainly don't mind people choosing BWV. It's also one less person I have to battle with at 9am for a poolside table.

Last edited:

It is a longer walk but we tend to walk back from the pool on the walkway to Epcot turning off on that path (gate) just before the bridge. It is longer but you are outside the whole time until you get to the villas.

On the way back, DW sometimes gets cold and goes outside via the door around the second corner of Cape May and comes back in the back entrance to the lobby. That also effectively bypasses walking through the lobby other than the last few feet of the back corner.

It's about having to go thru the busiest public areas. I don't like it at any other hotel that is set up the same way but it's rare it's done that way.

In your swimsuit or swimsuit and cover up and flip flops - or barefoot. The Y&BC lobby is not a comfortable atmosphere for "hey, I need to loose 30 lbs, and you can see every dimple in my thighs because I'm wearing a swimsuit rather than the long shorts I'm comfortable in.
For the people who's complaint is the long walk from SAB to BCV buy some inexpensive terry cloth robes. Works better then trying to walk thru lobby with a towel wrapped around you.

Yeah, I can fit a robe that is comfy and warm and appropriate for the refined atmosphere of the Y&BC lobby in my carryon. I'm not sure what you pack, but I can't fit a robe in there, nor do I have any desire to pack a robe. I'll just stay at the BWV where I don't have to stroll through the lobby to get to the pool.

I really don't like that path - you walk far too close to those ground floor rooms, and the path isn't used enough for people to be good about drawing their shades. I took it a few times during our stay, and saw some things I'd rather not have seen, and felt like a voyeur about it.

I really don't like that path - you walk far too close to those ground floor rooms, and the path isn't used enough for people to be good about drawing their shades. I took it a few times during our stay, and saw some things I'd rather not have seen, and felt like a voyeur about it.

Really? Wow! You have to pay extra for that in the city. ;)

In your swimsuit or swimsuit and cover up and flip flops - or barefoot. The Y&BC lobby is not a comfortable atmosphere for "hey, I need to loose 30 lbs, and you can see every dimple in my thighs because I'm wearing a swimsuit rather than the long shorts I'm comfortable in.

Yeah, I can fit a robe that is comfy and warm and appropriate for the refined atmosphere of the Y&BC lobby in my carryon. I'm not sure what you pack, but I can't fit a robe in there, nor do I have any desire to pack a robe. I'll just stay at the BWV where I don't have to stroll through the lobby to get to the pool.

:rotfl2:Yes. This. Also, I have a weird phobia about walking barefoot on hard floors indoors for long distances, because I always think I am going to slip and fall and bang my head.

Eek! We take that path all the time. To Epcot, pool, ESPN ... never seen anything, but someone in the group usually comments on how they’d never want one of those rooms!

:rotfl2:Yes. This. Also, I have a weird phobia about walking barefoot on hard floors indoors for long distances, because I always think I am going to slip and fall and bang my head.

This is why god invented flip flops. :)

There's actually no rooms to walk past on the path I'm referring to. It's in the usual door by Ariel's, around 2 corners of cape may, then outside across the back courtyard, then in just before you get to the DVC desk (where they spend all day telling people the beach club isn't available despite being set up in the BC lobby).

The Y&BC lobby is not a comfortable atmosphere for "hey, I need to loose 30 lbs, and you can see every dimple in my thighs because I'm wearing a swimsuit rather than the long shorts I'm comfortable in.
I completely disagree on that point. Half the reason I go to Disney is because 50% of the people are in worse shape than I'm in. :lmao: Since we're not big fans of cruises, Disney is our only other option for that experience.

I'll just stay at the BWV where I don't have to stroll through the lobby to get to the pool.

They have a pool at BWV? I thought that was just a rain puddle with a scary clown. (I kid, I kid. hah!)

By the way, the BCV has its own pool which you don't have to walk through BC lobby to get to. :confused3

By the way, the BCV has its own pool which you don't have to walk through BC lobby to get to. :confused3

The toddler likes the shallow sandy bottom part of SAB; the 6yo likes the smaller water slide facing the BW and also the lazy river, and needs an adult with her at all times. And neither one goes down the big slide (yet). So when DH and I "go to the pool" at BCV, we are almost never together at the pool. The clown pool at BWV is actually better suited for our family now, but DH is thinking several years ahead.

Yes, but the reason many people stay at Deluxe resorts is because of the better feature pools. I barely put on a swimsuit last trip (I went down the slide once because I felt like it had to be part of the trip) because my kids are past the age of me needing to go with them (they are both official ADULTS now). But when they were the age where I needed to go with them, I didn't like the walk through the lobby, and they didn't like the quiet pool.

It may not bother other people, maybe I'm vain or self conscious - it does bother me, and some others.

Eek! We take that path all the time. To Epcot, pool, ESPN ... never seen anything, but someone in the group usually comments on how they’d never want one of those rooms!

Mine was just Dad getting out of the shower once (and I just quickly turned away and pretended like I didn't notice) and kids getting dressed (I'm a little self conscious around other people's naked children - I don't want people to think I'm a pedophile). I'm a pretty early riser, so my morning walks are often when people in ground floor rooms are getting ready.

Next time give me a wave when we are walking through the lobby! You'll know it's me because I will have 2 little kids tripping over their towels, hollering, "Mommmmyyyyyyy!!!! I'm COOOOOLD!!!!!!!! AND MY TOWELS KEEP FALLING OFF!!!!!!"

that's pretty much every family with kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter