BWI vs. BCV

cep101

Mouseketeer
So, I am comparing BWV and BCV for our possible next contract purchase. Some of the pros and cons I see are:

BWV Pros -
  • Location to Epcot and Hollywood Studios! The walk to both is an amazing benefit.
  • More food options than BCV.
  • Studio with a standard view is only 10 points a night during "off" season! This room is very difficult to get without the 11 month window.
  • The decor looks very pretty and grown up. Reminds me of Grand Floridian but without the large price tag.
  • Quieter lobby.
BWV Cons -
  • The main pool area. I am not a big fan of the clown/look of the pool area. Inside it looks like an elegant circus. Outside not so much.
  • Long hallways.
BCV Pros -
  • Amazing pool area!
  • Beaches and Cream is a favorite restaurant.
  • Out of the two, it is closest to Epcot entrance.
  • Room decor is beautiful.
BCV Cons -
  • Farther from Hollywood Studios.
  • Lobby always seems loud and crowded.
  • The pool is the main resort attraction but not much else.
I love BCV's pool in comparison to BWV's, but pools are not everything to us. Usually, I would rather be in Epcot than in a pool. We do enjoy going to the pool sometimes though, but because we are DVC members we could just pool hop to BCV if we are at BWV.

I really like that the studio standard view at BWI is SO cheap! It is definitely a huge draw for me. Our family is also huge Star Wars fans, so I have a feeling we will want to be at HS more when that comes out.

One odd thing about this situation is that we have toured BCV, but we have only seen BWI from across the water. Is there anything about BWV vs. BCV that we should know about? If you were faced with the same problem what did you do and why?

Last edited:
I would add as a con that in much of the year, the Standard Studio is difficult to get even with home resort priority. People walk them from September-January, and there are some who are so used to that they walk them anytime they plan to book, really. I think once Star Wars opens, this effect will magnify.

I would not buy BWV with an expectation of booking the standard for most stays.

There is no pool hopping to any pool at BC/YC/BCV.

There are no dedicated 2 bedroom villas at BWV. (BWI is the hotel side of the complex). All 2 bedroom villas are lock offs.

There are no Grand Villas at BCV.

There is a community hall at BWV, but not at BCV.

We own both, BCV is behind the BC, we feel like we are removed from the BC. We prefer the BWI/BWV side of the boardwalk, if we want to eat on the BC side, we take a boat ride or walk over.

:earsboy: Bill

We own both, BCV is behind the BC, we feel like we are removed from the BC. We prefer the BWI/BWV side of the boardwalk, if we want to eat on the BC side, we take a boat ride or walk over.

For when you stay which resort do you think is best? Why do you prefer the BWV?

We added on BWV a couple years ago (and have added on more BWV since then....now have 4 contracts for 255 total points). When we first added 55 direct points, we had to go on waitlist for our two UY. We also had the option to go on waitlist for BCV. We actually like BCV more (probably our fave DVC resort) but DH and I discussed it and decided on BWV in order to save some points by booking standard view. It really is a great deal....to be at that location and only using very few points (I think it's even less than some rooms AKV and SSR, or close). But be warned that it's even hard to get standard view studios as an owner booking at 11 months. Especially F&W time. You may have to book online at 8am on the day of the 11 months window. Standard view 1BR are easier to get but still need to do before 7 month window.

Here, though, are my pros and cons comparison for each resort.

BWV-
Cons: longer hallways, clown pool (I don't mind it but some do), crappier parking, louder busier resort, only have lock offs
Pros: standard view saves points, closer walk to HS, better views

BCV-
Cons: no jetted tubs in 1/2BR villas, no 3BR GV
Pros: super close to Epcot, SAB pool, Beaches and Cream, quiet and quaint separate DVC building

For when you stay which resort do you think is best? Why do you prefer the BWV?

In the end it doesn't really matter what I like, only what you like. Stay at both resorts and make your own pro/con list.

You can't go wrong with the Epcot Resort area. We own at Beach Club and we absolutely love everything about the resort. The location is amazing, along with the pool, relaxed atmosphere, theming, dining options. It never disappoints. That said, Boardwalk is a great resort also.

I really disliked having to walk through the lobby to get to the pool at BCV.

I was just about to say the same thing!! It's a LONG walk to SAB from the villas, and very cold with small wet children.

If you want standard view BWV -- then buy BWV. If that savings isn't important to you, and you want to book F&W -- then go BCV.

Those are the two extremes -- if you want something in the middle, then you'll have to flip a coin. Otherwise, you'll drive yourself mad.

I was just about to say the same thing!! It's a LONG walk to SAB from the villas, and very cold with small wet children.

It's pretty much the longest walk at Disney, other than anywhere else you may want to go. ;)

Insider tip: They have lots of towels (and often free 95 degree heat) at SAB you can use to dry off. :D

(I'm such a big help, aren't I? You can thank me any time.)

It's pretty much the longest walk at Disney, other than anywhere else you may want to go. ;)

Insider tip: They have lots of towels (and often free 95 degree heat) at SAB you can use to dry off. :D

It's about having to go thru the busiest public areas. I don't like it at any other hotel that is set up the same way but it's rare it's done that way.

It's about having to go thru the busiest public areas. I don't like it at any other hotel that is set up the same way but it's rare it's done that way.

I suppose that's what happens when DVC is added on to limited available land years after the original design. I've never minded it, but to each his or her own. (perfect excuse to drop by the marketplace for a mug fill up on the way back :))

I suppose that's what happens when DVC is added on to limited available land years after the original design. I've never minded it, but to each his or her own. (perfect excuse to drop by the marketplace for a mug fill up on the way back :))
And as you so elegant has stated in the past, the more that dislike BCV the more rooms are available for you when you need to book:P

Next time give me a wave when we are walking through the lobby! You'll know it's me because I will have 2 little kids tripping over their towels, hollering, "Mommmmyyyyyyy!!!! I'm COOOOOLD!!!!!!!! AND MY TOWELS KEEP FALLING OFF!!!!!!"

Next time give me a wave when we are walking through the lobby! You'll know it's me because I will have 2 little kids tripping over their towels, hollering, "Mommmmyyyyyyy!!!! I'm COOOOOLD!!!!!!!! AND MY TOWELS KEEP FALLING OFF!!!!!!"

You need some "cover-ups" for those kids...... what my girls call bath robes.

For the people who's complaint is the long walk from SAB to BCV buy some inexpensive terry cloth robes. Works better then trying to walk thru lobby with a towel wrapped around you.

You need some "cover-ups" for those kids...... what my girls call bath robes.
We actually have those, but they are still cold... and I actually need one for myself - I don't generally like walking through hotel lobbies without "proper attire" or dripping wet. And there isn't really a need most of the time since most hotels where I've stayed, including non-Disney ones, have a quick and discreet way to go from room to pool and back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!