Bw W/1br & Studio W/ Handicapp

Goofy&Sleepy

Mouseketeer
We are checking into going to BW in May, our first trip. Would be taking mother who doesn't walk well, sister & aunt along w/the 3 of us. Interested in getting a 1br for us & studio for 3 of them; std view pref. Want to be realitively close but not necessarily next to each other. Is this possible? Do any studios have 2 queens or just the fold out & queen?
Are there handicap studios or are they all 1br & are they just closer to elevators or are their other benefits? Want to find out before we ask them to go as mom is very anxious about going anywhere. THANKS A LOT!

All BWV studios have the sleep sofa along with the queen. There are HC studios available.

Good Luck!

hi: my mom had a problem with her legs during one of our trips, and we were lucky enough to get a wheelchair for her from the front desk. she used it the entire week.

Be sure to come over to the disABILITIES Board for more information about travelling with medical and special needs. And click on the link in my signature for more information as well, especially the sections on pacing, wheelchair tips, and the GAC.

The accessible rooms have wider doorways, sliding door instead of a swinging door in the bathroom, handrails in the bathroom, a higher toilet, and a roll-in shower with a fold-down bench seat and a hand wand that you can position for showers. I will be perfectly honest, the OKW Villas are much better for people with mobility issues, as you can park right up to the unit. the OKW units have 2 queen beds and plenty of room to maneuver. The BWV rooms have 1 queen and a fold out sofa bed.

There are companies that rent wheelchairs and ECVs by the length of stay, you should consider that. If you want references, come on over to the disABILITIES Board and we will give you the info. The resort wheelchairs are free, but on a first-come first-serve basis. The chairs and scooters in the parks are only for use within the parks, and getting back to the resort can be quite an energy drain for people with mobility issues.

As already mentioned, BWV does have handicap studios - but all BWV handicap units are preferred view. I believe that they are also close to the elevator, at least where we've stayed has been.

If you decide to get a 2-br unit (I 'think' this is less points than 2 separate units), the entire unit will be accessible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter