BW view room request

lovesdumbo

DIS Veteran
Taking my first trip "home" in August. Finally bought DVC after 35+ trips to WDW. Booked BW view 2BR.

Any suggestions on room requests? How should I word the request to ask for a balcony that is unobstructed?

I stayed in a prefered (not BW view) studio with a friend last Nov on her points and we had a nice view of the Swan. Our room was about the last one. I got used to the long halls. I wouldn't mind a long walk if it meant a good view.

Is close to the dance hall loud?

Thanks!

We have stayed a number of times in a 2BR BW view and have never really been that disappointed. We usually request a higher floor to see fireworks a little better. Most 2 BR's are above the Big River Grill restaurant or to the right or left of it. I do find that area to be somewhat noisy, but the view is well worth it. We have never had a big problem with sleeping, even with DS who was just a baby back then. When you close the doors it's pretty quiet.

I am not sure about obstructed balconies. I don't recall any balcony being obstructed in any way that bothered us.

Good luck and enjoy!!!!

Just so you know BW has no dedicated 2 bedrooms.The best view is on the 5th floor.We love the BW but every time we get very low number rooms.The last time we had a boardwalk viewwe had room 5001 or 5002 which is the last room above the crest o wave.The good was great view and double wide deck and the bad was the mile walk to get to it.If noise is something you dont want then these rooms are not what you should get. You can call and ask for them to give you a room close to the elevator but nothing is set in stone since they can only add it to your reservation.Good Luck and welcome home!

Just make sure you dont get the one on the 1st floor! Everyone on the boardwalk can look straight into your room!

Just make sure you dont get the one on the 1st floor! Everyone on the boardwalk can look straight into your room!

That's my biggest fear. I always request top floor and usually get 3 or 4. One time I got 2, one time I got 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter