Buzz (RIP) & Woody Join The Watson Family As They Take On The World...AGAIN

LWatson

I Still Do!!!!
So, we are headed back next month to the World for the 3rd time since Feb 09...LOL. I cross my heart this is the last trip for a while...maybe.

The first time we went we stayed at Shades of Green Military Resort for 4 nights and enjoyed it. The second time we went it was to All Star Sports. I'm thinking we were spoiled with our first trip being in such a nice quiet hotel w/ huge rooms because...well...we refuse to stay Value again. So, that leads us right back to Trip 3...this coming one. We are opting to stay at Shades of Green AGAIN!!!!!

Trip one was kind of a wing it trip as I planned it like maybe 3/4wks in advance, trip 2 was a very long drawn out planning process (like 8months), and this was is kind of in the middle w/ 2 months....LOL. So, you can deff see in the planning of just the clothing that it wasnt as thought out as the last one, but more than the first one. Yes, I'm one of those dorks who plans clothing out way in advance.

Our trip is May 9-14th using the 4day military salute tickets this year. We are going to skip the hopper and the water park and more options as we dont plan on really needing them. This is more of a laid back trip since we have done pretty much everything we have wanted to do in past trips. We arent going commando, and do plan on taking a few breaks here and there. Right now the total cost of the trip including the gas to get down there and estimated food expenditure for the parks is....$1275. We are bringing food with us for our lunches (which we usually make our lunch anyway so this wont be added to the cost of the trip).

This is also a surprise trip for our kids. They have no clue we are going so soon. They think we are going in 2011/2012 when Daddy is on leave from Deployment...LOL. They think we are headed camping in Florida or Ohio right now (as we told them we cant decide...I said OH DH told them FL....LOL). The morning we wake them up we are going to surprise them w/ their wake up outfits (which are clothes they already own, but are hand me downs they havent worn yet). DS1 is wearing a Lightning McQueen shirt and shorts while DS2 is wearing a Safari Pooh & Tigger outfit. We are also going to have some ear hats (the very first set we bought them) set up w/ some "autograph books" and pens (the autograph books are spiral notebooks from the $1 section at target)....
IMG_0265.jpg
The actual way we are waking them up though is the really special part...at least for me. We recorded the opening show for the Magic Kingdom while we were there last time. We plan on hooking my computer (where the file is stored) up to the TV downstairs and bringing the kids downstairs. We will have the stuff set out and as soon as they come down the stairs start the recording. I hopefully will remember to turn on the video camera to record their response.

So, onto the parks. We have set up where we want to be on what day already, but only have one ADR as we arent on the DDP. We arrive Sunday May 9th (Mother's Day) and are looking at stopping into TREX at DTD. Monday we are going to be at DHS for rope drop (for those coveted TSM fastpasses), then around lunch we are going to take a break and head back to the hotel room to relax by the pool. Then we are going back in the late afternoon/early evening and spending a few more hours there and doing EMH so we can take the kids to the Playhouse Disney Dance Party...they have enjoyed that the past 2 times we went. We are planning on these shirts for the kids
IMG_0260.jpg
. Tuesday is Magic Kingdom. We are headed there for Rope Drop (yes we are RD people). We want to either ride Big Thunder Mountain or Splash Mountain and get the fast pass for the other. Then we want to head to Peter Pan and ride it. We have only rode it 1x because the line is always super long. From there if its FP time we will do those, if not off to Space Mountain we go. After that its kind of a wing it thing...LOL. We plan on spending pretty much all day at MK and head back to SOG for dinner for about an hour, and then head back to hopefully catch wishes (or we may just get CS meal in park). The shirts for the day are...Mine
102180M.jpg
DH
102186M.jpg
and the Kids'
IMG_0261.jpg
. The next day is Epcot. We are planning on making it there after we all wake up and are ready to go. We arent too worried about rope drop with this one. We would like to try out Test Track again though, so we might make it for Rope Drop. Our only ADR is this day. The meal will also be a surprise for the kids. We are eating at Garden Grill w/ Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale. We really enjoyed this dinner last time and all the one on one time the kids got. We are also planning for lunch to sample diff foods from around the world again, but not every country. I think we will probably limit it to like 3. Deff not doing the drinking around the world again though...it was fun, but yeah not really up for it this time. Though we do plan on bringing home some more Sake from Japan. We loved our Apple Sake!!! Shirts for the kids that day are
IMG_0262.jpg
. The next day is our last park day. It is also MK EMH morning. So, we will be arriving early for EMH at MK. That way we can get in the big rides our kids love and get our Family picture taken w/ minimal crowds (HOPEFULLY). The crowd calendar has this as a 4 day. The reason we want our family picture taken here most of all is because of the castle (its iconic) and because of our shirts....
IMG_0264.jpg
. We are all about Perry!!!! After Wishes that night we plan on spending as much time taking our time to get out of the park as possible because its our last night at Disney and we want the kids to really enjoy the trip and leave w/ a magical memory of the last night. Then the next day its up early to head to Cape Canaveral (sp) in hopes to see the Space Shuttle take off. We will drive until we get tired that night and then reserve us a hotel off my rewards points that I have..then to home.

That is it as of now, but shoot I'm sure I will probably use this to help myself think some more over the next 26days...LOL

Okay, I almost forgot...THE TITLE. Okay so my sons' birthdays were back in Dec/Jan so in Jan we had the joint party. That is where Buzz and Woody joined our Family. So, Buzz and Woody will be buckled into the car (in the cockpit not the holding area...LOL) and joining us this trip. I will try to get a picture of them to show you all. My 2yr old takes Woody everywhere and Buzz cant be left behind...got to make my little "Andy" happy.

Okay, so a little bit about us now...LOL

So DH is military and we have been married for almost 7 years. We are fairly normal I guess...LOL.

DS1 is 4 and a fun little ball of energy
DS2 is 2 and loves to explore.

merrychristmas.jpg

Last trip's family pic

we love to have fun and take on a new adventure (ex...we are living in our 5th state in 7yrs...11th house). We love to be out in the sun doing things. We are a very active family, but still mommy could stand to shed a few tons...LOL. Overall we love Disney (I guess that is obvious by the 3rd trip in 18m) and love to come back (even if we swear after the trip we wont do it again).

Okay, so I have decided that this is a fun way for me to "talk" about the trip w/o bugging the heck out of my husband...LOL

So, I wanted to introduce you to the "gang" the my youngest son sleeps with every night...this includes the Buzz and Woody going w/ us....
IMG_0572.jpg
Included there is...Buzz (x2...one for birthday one for christmas), Woody, Alien (which is called "baby" by him), Perry, and Ferb (usually Phineas is up there too, but he was busy on an adventure). And you can probably see by his bed he is a HUGE Toy Story freak....deff my boy. LOL. But, since we cant take them all we narrowed it down to Woody (who takes every car ride anyway) and a Buzz. Oh and if you dont believe me about the child loving TS.....
IMG_0568-1.jpg
(please pardon the mess of my 2yr old)...
IMG_0564.jpg
and this is only part of the room...there is more...LOL. We are also bringing along the throw pillow and a the blanket w/ the LGMs on it so he can sleep in the car.

My oldest child is very into Marvel Comics (now owned by Disney, so I guess he kind of has a Disney themed room too) and Star Wars. He though isnt into bringing along stuffed animals...LOL...well at least not back in Nov. Like I said he doesnt know about the trip yet. He does like CARS though, so I'm planning on bringing his cars blanket w/ McQueen on it and a throw pillow w/ Mater on it (from when he was small and had a Cars themed room).

My husband is happy this trip because we are staying at SOG and I cant decorate a window, so I wont be spending an entire afternoon doing that. :lmao: But, what he doesnt know is that I am cutting out the LGMH and putting Lime green ribbon through them to tie to our strollers. :scared1:

I'm thinking that for my 2 little princes instead of treating one to Pirates League again (and hearing him complain about the paint...again) we are going to go to the Magic Kingdom Barbershop and enjoy some colored hair gel w/ some confetti. Then everyone can participate and have fun (I think I like it better than the pirate thing anyway...though that was fun...okay I like the price better).

Okay i think that is all that is on my mind right now...LOL.

Keeping this trip a secret has been super hard so far, and DH almost spilled the beans today. He and I were talking about it w/o saying what we were really talking about, but he then goes "when we get to Hollywood studios I want to get one of these again" and points to a picture on the wall. Our 4yr old goes "We are going to disney world." And I'm like "yes in 2yrs......" Anyway I caught it and he was like "OK" and walked off.

So, DS2 found the Disney Planning DVD that came in a few weeks ago that DH & I thought we hid well. He loves to watch Disney on TV, so we just popped it in and he was all "OOOOOH MICKEY" and stuff. It was really cute. I cried watching him watch it. I just wanted to tell him right there we are going in 3wks. But, I didnt and I'm very much looking forward to telling the kids the morning we leave to go.

SAVINGS SAVINGS SAVINGS!!!!

So, we Found out that we are able to get 20% off our room at SOG since DH returned from deployment w/in the past year. So, I went searching for the orders to prove he just returned and stuff. Finally found them last night right b4 bed. LOL. We found out today we are saving $95 off our room, and if we eat there we get 20% off our meals also. So YAY to that too.

Things are really looking up for this. I'm happy because the more money we save on this vacation the more money that we have to apply to our July trip to Ohio and Cedar Point so the kids can meet their Grandpa for the first time (My 2nd time meeting DH's biological dad EVER...and we've been married almost 7yrs and together 6.5yrs b4 that)

CLOTHING.....What to wear

Okay going girlie here. Other than the 2 days at the Magic Kingdom I'm having a hard time picking out what shirts to wear in May. DH is a last min packer, so I know his crap wont be packed till like the night b4 we go, but I want to get my stuff packed. I was thinking of tank tops, but they seem so......yucky....on me (I'm not the smallest person in the world). So, I was thinking of some lightweight shirts from Old Navy, but then I wonder if they are too hot. Yes, I know I'm crazy. This is why I pack early because I'm always changing my mind...LOL. I'm also still in search of my ever elusive Croc Flip Flops. LOL. I dont know why after this move I havent found them yet, or DH's Mickey Crocs to take w/ us too. I'm hoping we dont have to go buy more this trip. That would not make me happy.

EDITED TO ADD...ALL 3 PAIRS OF CROCS FOUND

Okay b4 anyone thinks I'm crazy for continuing to post w/ no responses here is why...LOL. I find its nice to be able to just say what I want to say on here and not have to annoy my husband/bff/mom/dad about it. LOL.

Okay so moving on. I got kind of a surprise in the mail today. I forgot I had cashed in some points for a gas card and it arrived today in the mail. $50 of gas for the trip is now paid for...LOL. So, at least one tank down. It's supposedly $95 each way according to the gas estimator on Map Quest, so it means only $45 out of pocket (estimated).

Today was a good day. We measured the boys heights today flat foot. DS1 is now 40.5in barefoot and DS2 is 35in barefoot. So, DS1 should be able to ride rides he couldnt last time, and DS2 should be able to do Barnstormer now!!!!

My mom and dad gave me an early mother's day gift today. It is deff usable on vacation!!!! Its a french press travel mug. All I need is some hot hot water and some coffee grounds and I can have "free" coffee every morning w/o worry about brewing time...DO IT ON THE BUS!!!! YAY!!!!

LOL so, after much deliberation DH & I decided to change the shirts for Epcot from military themed to matching shirts...YES HE CHOSE MATCHING...LOL

This is the Design we will all have (just diff names)....
ChipanddaleLillian.jpg

I ordered ours on sale from a tshirt company w/ the design already on white shirts, but the boys will getting gray shirts in the mail and I will add the design to it (I didnt know about the sale till after I ordered the boys'

LOL. So, yesterday I started officially packing (NO REALLY). I went and weeded through the bags and took out what wasnt needed, and then organized the stuff in the kids' bag. BTW the gallon ziploc baggie thing REALLY DOES make more room. Today I started figuring out what we needed and all that jazz. Well, I think I might have to move us back into the bigger toiletry bag. I was really hoping to avoid it if possible because it is too big for us, but it seems as if its smaller sibling might be too small. I have most everything we will need in it minus anti persperant, my hair straightner, toothbrushes, and the medications. I am just worried it wont all fit when I am done.

The kids are all packed other than their socks and DS2's diapers. I told DH about the ziplock baggie idea and he goes, "Well, you know that would be a really good idea for the extra clothes for the park. Because if the kids got wet we could just throw them in the baggie and not worry as much." I was like "yeah I know." he then responded "Then here take these (he has gallon bags for some of his gear to keep it dry) here and just do it to all the clothes. The Corbin wont have to worry about what pants go with what shirt and where his undies are." So, I did it, and OMG I ended up w/ TONS of extra room. I just zipped up the zipper on them till almost the end, rolled out the air and b4 unrolling them I Zipped it up (keeping out the air). WONDERFUL IDEA!!!

DH & I might need 2 sep. bags or just need to squish ourselves down somehow too...LOL. It's a lot harder to fit 2 adults into a bag than it is to fit 2 kids. we might be able to pull it off though.

We are trying to limit our bag numbers and size even though we are driving. We had a small problem come up the other day, so we are going to have less room than originally planned for. DS2's stroller broke the other day. Thankfully my mom and dad have an extra stroller...its just a full size not an umbrella. So, because the stroller is now a lot bigger than planned for we have to keep our bag size down.

oh and the last part of the update to explain the (RIP) in the title. Sadly we lost a member of our "family" the other day. Buzz Lightyear's head fell off the other day. DS2 was playing w/ him and fell....BL's head came off. So, the high tech Buzz wont be joining us on our trip. Instead a plush Buzz will be. Cant have Woody w/o Buzz!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter