Buzz or Slinky?

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
On ur arrival day both Buzz and Slinky are open, but both go down for a referb the next day.

Which one is the better attraction to hit?

We have done Buzz in both DL and WDW, but slinky seems more like a carnival ride. There of course is a small change we get to do both, but not positive.

So if you have to pick one?

Hmmm... My first instinct is to say Buzz Lightyear, as it's more interactive and I find it more fun.
On the other hand, you are travelling with a four year old and a ten month old, so Slinky would also be a good one.

I went back to your other message about your plans. Did you decide to keep Chez Remy and the decision to go to The Studios on the arrival day?
I think I will stick with what I said before, if this is your ten month old's first visit, I would go for Slinky to see how she reacts to rides and build from there. Buzz is almost identical to DL, so you can always do it there.

Even though Buzz is mostly the same, it's a way better experience. Slinky, if I remember correctly, is just going in a circle for about 3 minutes.

But why not hit both at the same day? I remember Slinky also being a 5-minute wait ride (e.g. as I'm writing this it's 15mins, while "Ratatouille" is 75mins and Buzz is 65mins). I'd skip Slinky if you don't have an infant toddler.

I'd get an FP for Buzz as early as possible, then go to Slinky later in the day.

Keep in mind that if you're visiting with a toddler that 'Studios' (which I'd say is a "half-day park" for adults) becomes a pretty small park when visiting with infants/toddlers, in terms of how many attractions you can actually hit... So you don't need a full day for that park.

Hmmm... My first instinct is to say Buzz Lightyear, as it's more interactive and I find it more fun.
On the other hand, you are travelling with a four year old and a ten month old, so Slinky would also be a good one.

I went back to your other message about your plans. Did you decide to keep Chez Remy and the decision to go to The Studios on the arrival day?
I think I will stick with what I said before, if this is your ten month old's first visit, I would go for Slinky to see how she reacts to rides and build from there. Buzz is almost identical to DL, so you can always do it there.

Yes tentatively this is still the plan. But I’m open to adjusting if needed.

Maybe I’ll just leave to we can hit up Buzz in WDW in August but it is one of my DHs favs....

Even though Buzz is mostly the same, it's a way better experience. Slinky, if I remember correctly, is just going in a circle for about 3 minutes.

But why not hit both at the same day? I remember Slinky also being a 5-minute wait ride (e.g. as I'm writing this it's 15mins, while "Ratatouille" is 75mins and Buzz is 65mins). I'd skip Slinky if you don't have an infant toddler.

I'd get an FP for Buzz as early as possible, then go to Slinky later in the day.

Keep in mind that if you're visiting with a toddler that 'Studios' (which I'd say is a "half-day park" for adults) becomes a pretty small park when visiting with infants/toddlers, in terms of how many attractions you can actually hit... So you don't need a full day for that park.

We won’t get there till 2ish maybe 3 on arrival day so I’m not positive I want to be running all over just to hit two rides. Especially since it’s the first day. If we go to DL and my daughter wants to do a bunch of stuff I don’t want to be dragging her to another park just to hit up a ride, if that makes sense.

We have an infant and 4 year old.

We have an infant and 4 year old.

I think it’s safe to say you should skip Studios altogether considering the timing.

There’s not much you can do there anyway with kids these ages, and the real magic is in the main park anyways.

So I’d opt for Buzz. There’s a reason it’s so many people’s favorite, and it’s one of those rides you can’t do too many times (we go on it at least twice per visit).

The only thing you’re missing in Studios if you’ve never been (again considering the kids ages) is Ratatouille, since it’s unique to DLP.

But its overrated (especially for kids imho).

I think it’s safe to say you should skip Studios altogether considering the timing.

There’s not much you can do there anyway with kids these ages, and the real magic is in the main park anyways.

So I’d opt for Buzz. There’s a reason it’s so many people’s favorite, and it’s one of those rides you can’t do too many times (we go on it at least twice per visit).

I def want to check out studios at some point, but maybe I’ll just saw around my days. Need to review!

The only thing you’re missing in Studios if you’ve never been (again considering the kids ages) is Ratatouille, since it’s unique to DLP.

But its overrated (especially for kids imho).

We want to check out Ratatouille for sure! We love that movie! I also want to try and check out crushes coaster!

Thanks for all the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter