Buying the ride pictures

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
Does anyone actually buy the pictures they take of you on Splash Mountain, TOT, Space Mountain, Screamin' etc..?
They are so expensive, and I wouldn't want to haul it around all day, I would be scared of it getting wet, wrinkled and wrecked.
We actually take a picture of the picture.
Or take a quick video of the picture.
It isn't always super clear, but it is good enough!

That way it is safely in the camera, and we just saved $15.00!! :teeth:

I haven't been to DL yet but some of my favorite souvenirs from WDW have been the ride pics. The photo from our very first ride on TOT was priceless!
Also, I didn't carry it around; I had it sent back to our resort. One of the perks of being onsite!

We almost never buy the ride pictures but we HAD to after our first family ride on Aerosmith's Rockin Roller Coaster at MGM -- DS's facial expression was too great to leave behind! I will be anxious to see the ride photos on our upcoming DL trip (12 days and counting!!!)

The idea of taking a picture of the picture is a good tip! Thanks for sharing!

we buy very few souvies, but we love ride pictures! We just did Universal orland for the first time this Thanksgiving, and bought the ride picture for every "first" time on a ride ! We actually got the keychains! We also sent them back to the room.

I bought them all this time and am printing off all the buzz lightyear pics.
I do scrapbook.. so these are my souvies ;).

Sometimes we'll buy the picture if it came out really good or if I have a coupon.

When Tower of Terror opened in Calif Adventure, my son and I planned for a picture. We rode it many times until we found one we loved. We asked for front row then grabbed on to each other as if we were terrified. The girl next to us is looking at us like we are crazy. It made a great picture.

Most of the time though, I just take a picture of the picture. With digital cameras, it's so easy to see if it will come out good or not. Then you can blow it up and do whatever with it. But some parks are getting hip to this. In Japan, they have thick wire over the screen, so if you took your own picture, you can't see yourselves clearly.

got2travel said:
Sometimes we'll buy the picture if it came out really good or if I have a coupon.

When Tower of Terror opened in Calif Adventure, my son and I planned for a picture. We rode it many times until we found one we loved. We asked for front row then grabbed on to each other as if we were terrified. The girl next to us is looking at us like we are crazy. It made a great picture.

Most of the time though, I just take a picture of the picture. With digital cameras, it's so easy to see if it will come out good or not. Then you can blow it up and do whatever with it. But some parks are getting hip to this. In Japan, they have thick wire over the screen, so if you took your own picture, you can't see yourselves clearly.

That is funny. Maybe if we had a really good one, I would be more tempted. But it seems that one of the kids you can't see over the big person in front of them, or there is some other part of the pic I don't like.

I tried taking a pic of the pic at Knotts, and was told by an employee there that I couldn't. I said "Hhmmm, I do at Disneyland and they don't say anything..." :teeth: (then again, most of the viewing areas don't have a CM right there...

We buy the pics if they are good. The memories are priceless.

Yes we buy the pictures. One picture for each trip. They make great souveniers, and alot of people must do the same as I read somewhere that attraction park pictures are a multi- billion dollar a year industry. When got2travel said that her son and her posed for a picture it brought back a funny memory. My Son and I went to the TOT Event. By the way it was the best party we have ever been too! But, people were posing for the pictures...and as we all got acquainted..we staged pictures. The best one, okay maybe my "dark" humor, was when some guests all sat with a space around one girl pointing and holding thier noses!!! :rotfl2: I hope you can picture that without me having to spell it out! :earseek: :earsboy: Too Much Fun.

I only buy the ride pictures if they are good. If you're staying at the resort, you can send it back to your hotel, or, if you're staying offsite, you can use package pick-up-they will send it to a store in the front of the park that you can pick it up from before you leave. :)

I didn't know you could get it sent to a store for later.
That is a good option to know about.

We always buy our ride photos!! Sometimes we end up getting doubles if the photo is good but most of the time well just get one for each ride. And most of the time we get the frames too. The ones they have at DCA for ToT are just too cute to pass up!! We have dozens of ride photos scattered all around the house. They're great to just walk past and remember such great experiences!!! And people are always commenting on them. Now and then we'll take a quick snap of the screen that it's being shown on save buying another one though. Summer 2004 staff members were holding clipboards in front of the screens on JPRA at Universal Hollywood to stop people getting their pictures but not paying. Ridiculous!!! You can't expect everyone to buy every photo that is taken of them. But you also can't expect them to not want it.

And can't say I've ever sent photos back to the room at Dl or WDW, but I always do it at DLRP!! It's fantastic. No carrying everything.Just pick it up from the hotel gift shop when you get home. :goodvibes

We bought a couple of pictures in DL including one I LOVE from Splash Mountain, but does anyone have any tips for DCA? We tried to look at the pictures, but the line was so long and didn't move at all! Finally we got to the front and the guy said that you couldn't look at the pictures at his computer you had to wait for some other computer. We finally gave up. It looked like after that whole mess you had to stand in another line to pick it up.

Is there anywhere else to look at pictures in DCA except right by the entrance? Any tips? It wasn't even close to closing or anything. I just love those pictures where they put tinkerbell or stitch in, but the wait was horrible - much worse than the price for me.

We bought one - Splash Mountain:

Check out this link to see why! http://www.ballofdirt.com/media/5333/35514/264683.html
264683.html

laura&fam said:
We bought a couple of pictures in DL including one I LOVE from Splash Mountain, but does anyone have any tips for DCA? We tried to look at the pictures, but the line was so long and didn't move at all! Finally we got to the front and the guy said that you couldn't look at the pictures at his computer you had to wait for some other computer. We finally gave up. It looked like after that whole mess you had to stand in another line to pick it up.

Is there anywhere else to look at pictures in DCA except right by the entrance? Any tips? It wasn't even close to closing or anything. I just love those pictures where they put tinkerbell or stitch in, but the wait was horrible - much worse than the price for me.
Well, there's the screens up on the wall right after you come through the doors from the corridor. On the right hand side. Normally CM there wth cards to write your number down for you. You don't have to queue up just to look at the pic. I remember waiting a fair while to buy one at the ToT gift shop though. :rolleyes2

LucyKate said:
We bought one - Splash Mountain:

Check out this link to see why! http://www.ballofdirt.com/media/5333/35514/264683.html
264683.html
Cute pic!! Glad to see others film on Splash too. Thought it was just my Dad. :rotfl: Our boat stopped just before the drop on JPRA at IOA once and they told himm to put it away!! :rotfl2:

I buy them if they turn out pretty good. I have never regretted spending the money.
Here is ours from Space Mountain:
Sweb.jpg

and Magic Mountain:
Xweb.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter