Buying resale through Fidelity Timeshares

I just started the process with Fidelity this month. Everything is by email and I’ve been happy so far, although it has been a little slower than other brokers I’ve worked with. For instance it took two days from accepted offer to getting the initial contract to sign whereas the two other brokers I worked with had contracts to me within an hour of accepted offer.
I found that as well.

We’ve bought several contracts through Fidelity - just closed on another one about 10 days ago. This was our first closing since they switched to Sterling and the closing was not as smooth or as fast as it previously was with First American. Several errors were made that needed correction and their process as just slower in general.

On another contract we are waiting to pass ROFR we just paid up to use First American.

We just passed ROFR and it looks like Sterling is our title company. :crazy2: (Our broker at Fidelity said we'd receive an email from Sterling...) Does this mean from here forward communication will be with Sterling? Also, when you say you paid to use First American, does this mean Sterling is less expensive to close with? I'm really hoping they don't have issues/errors that slow down our closing process.

I've had great experiences with Fidelity, but not yet used the new title company. Hopefully, they get the kinks worked out

We just passed ROFR and it looks like Sterling is our title company. :crazy2: (Our broker at Fidelity said we'd receive an email from Sterling...) Does this mean from here forward communication will be with Sterling? Also, when you say you paid to use First American, does this mean Sterling is less expensive to close with? I'm really hoping they don't have issues/errors that slow down our closing process.
Sterling is less expensive and much better!

Sterling is less expensive and much better!

We had a bit of a hiccup with Sterling. But our agent at Sterling was SUPER responsive when the error was discovered and assured us she'd take care of it. She felt horrible and told us she'd do whatever it took to fix things. And now we are done and have points in our account!! woo hoo!!

There was another Fidelity thread and I posted this there also.

Every experience is different and I am just sharing mine. As background, I have experience as a project manager/business analyst/tester within IT and am highly organized. I keep notes on things. I am, however, pretty easygoing and not in a rush for things to happen nor am I particularly demanding. I like to be informed on status and to just have a good feeling that progress is being made.

My first purchase was with Fidelity using First American. My second purchase was and third purchase is with another company (the same one for both) but also using First American.

With my first purchase, there were special circumstances with the sellers related to their ability to sell and that complicated things a little bit. My contract was submitted on 4/13/17 and we completed the closing on 7/28/17. While I will never know for sure, I do not think the special circumstances are the complete cause for things taking as long as they did. There was some churn between 4/13 and when I was told that I passed ROFR on 6/5/17 that I think could have been reduced. I didn’t receive closing papers until 7/18/17 so there was more churn there.

For my second purchase, my contract was submitted on 10/29/17 and we completed the closing on 12/12/17.

For my third purchase, my contract was submitted on 2/26/18. I had my closing papers on 3/16/18. When I received my last update from First American, they were simply waiting on the seller to return their documents.

When I look at my notes for my first transaction, it is a very long list. I see that I only received updates and saw forward movement when I followed up. I often see that I wrote down that they indicated that they were just checking on the status. I saw some comments on follow up with First American once we got to the part where they had tasks to complete. First American did provide me regular updates once I received the closing papers.

When I look at my notes for my second and third transactions, the lists are much shorter. I received updates on a regular basis from both the broker and First American.

My situation may be unique but I would likely approach things differently with Fidelity in the future and follow up on a regular basis rather than just doing so when I hadn’t heard anything.

I just got my closing paperwork from First American and it's already troubling after what I thought was smooth sailing with Fidelity. Their is an error on the paperwork and I have a question on something else. I've called, several people, and emailed this morning and I've heard nothing from anyone. Tried calling again and the receptionist put me through to an answering machine. Considering I have seven days to get them paperwork and funds I'm a little frazzled at the moment.

I just got my closing paperwork from First American and it's already troubling after what I thought was smooth sailing with Fidelity. Their is an error on the paperwork and I have a question on something else. I've called, several people, and emailed this morning and I've heard nothing from anyone. Tried calling again and the receptionist put me through to an answering machine. Considering I have seven days to get them paperwork and funds I'm a little frazzled at the moment.
First American was awful!! Sadly, it reflects poorly on Fidelity. I’m using fidelity again just another title company.

How did you end up with First American? Although I haven't had issues with them my Fidelity purchase that closed just a couple weeks ago used Sterling

They use both. Used to only use FA just started using sterling I was told

I'll say that Sterling wasn't exactly stellar either. They emailed me that I needed to get the payment in to them. Per tracking it had been delivered 4 days earlier. By some amazing act after I shared that info I received a call that my payment arrived that afternoon.....

Last edited:
I'll say that Sterling wasn't exactly stellar either. They emailed me that I needed to get the payment in to them. Per tracking it had been delivered 4 days earlier. By some amazing act after I shared that info I received a call that my payment arrived that afternoon.....
Isn’t it funny that miraculously it shows up after you call?

Such a coincidence - or a miracle! :rotfl:
I just got the timeline for my closing docs (which I challenged immediately). This is a direct quote... keeping in mind I passed rofr on 3/21 “I’ll try my hardest to get your closing docs to you by the end of April”. What? I’m also buying from an international seller so you can imagine when I’ll get my points if I’m not even getting the docs for another month. Thoughts?

I just got the timeline for my closing docs (which I challenged immediately). This is a direct quote... keeping in mind I passed rofr on 3/21 “I’ll try my hardest to get your closing docs to you by the end of April”. What? I’m also buying from an international seller so you can imagine when I’ll get my points if I’m not even getting the docs for another month. Thoughts?

Yeah - over 3 weeks for ours. 24 total days/15 business days.

Sigh.... thank you

A funny thing - within minutes of posting the info about how long for the closing docs I got an email from Fidelity that they had been notified by Sterling that my contract had closed and now the 3-4 week wait was on Disney! Of course, my contract closed close to a month ago and the points were in my account last week. :rolleyes: It's not the first time though that I had the points in my account before I was told a contract had closed although that was years ago and a different broker and title company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter