Buying resale through Fidelity Timeshares

Anyone that has dealt with Fidelity lately, can you give me the sequence of events they do? I see in the Closing Time thread that some people are listing that they sent an offer on day 1, offer was accepted on say day 2 then off to Disney for ROFR on day 3 or 4. Do they email docs for signing first? or snail mailed ?

thanks
Our Timeline last year
April 27 - offered and Accepted

May 2 sent to ROFR

May 16 passed ROFR

JUNE 9 Closing Docs received

June 10 Closing Docs sent

June 12 Docs delivered to Title Compamy

June 15 Title company advises Docs received

7/11 notified closing complete

7/13 deed recorded on OCC website

7/21 Deed and Title info received from title company

7/21 Membership Account established by Disney

7/26 (or before) points loaded

Does anyone know if Fidelity is closed on weekends? I’ve called and e-mailed my agent with no reply. There’s a listing I’m interested in and don’t want to lose it... feeling anxious

Does anyone know if Fidelity is closed on weekends? I’ve called and e-mailed my agent with no reply. There’s a listing I’m interested in and don’t want to lose it... feeling anxious
Yes they are closed on the weekends. Which means their listings are the most out of date on the weekends so the chance someone else has already grabbed it goes up.

Yes they are closed on the weekends. Which means their listings are the most out of date on the weekends so the chance someone else has already grabbed it goes up.
That’s what I thought. Thank you for the post. The listing I wanted was available yesterday but pending sale today. Probably got snagged Friday...which makes me feel a little better :)

I sent in an offer too, on Saturday, but it is now pending on Sunday. I assume not my offer! LOL. I only got a email saying they were closed, ."Thank you for reaching out to Fidelity. One of our licensed real estate agents will review your offer and contact you shortly". It still showed available yesterday. Oh well. Back to the hunt.

The one I made an accepted offer on just went sale pending 3 days later, had me worried. This is stressful.

Can someone tell me at what point in the process should you request a different closing title company? I'm still waiting for ROFR, but didn't know if this is something that should have been requested during the negotiating or not. After reading this thread, I'm thinking the title companies Fidelity uses may not be the best options.

I also have to say that while this is my first contract to actually make it through to the ROFR stage... I had a prior contract fall through with a different DVC resale company and had much better communication with them. They were calling and emailing throughout the entire process very quickly. Whereas, with Fidelity it is much slower with response times and I feel like I'm bothering them when I have a question.

Would love to know which title company you prefer.

I used Jeffrey C. Sweet. I don’t know if they’re the best, but turnaround times have been fast, their fees are on the lower end of the title company range, and they always answer my emails quickly. They don’t only do DVC, but they do a lot, so all the brokers are familiar with them. They don’t take credit cards for the deposit though.

I sent in an offer too, on Saturday, but it is now pending on Sunday. I assume not my offer! LOL. I only got a email saying they were closed, ."Thank you for reaching out to Fidelity. One of our licensed real estate agents will review your offer and contact you shortly". It still showed available yesterday. Oh well. Back to the hunt.
Me too! Good luck to you! At least they’re updating the website now. Before it seemed completely abandoned. My contract never showed up on the website at any time.

I bid on a contract last week and didn't get it, even though I submitted an offer 20 minutes after the email was sent. Bonnie told me that their website was being updated every night at midnight eastern time and if you waited for the listing via email, the chances are the contract would already been taken.

Can someone tell me at what point in the process should you request a different closing title company? I'm still waiting for ROFR, but didn't know if this is something that should have been requested during the negotiating or not. After reading this thread, I'm thinking the title companies Fidelity uses may not be the best options.

I also have to say that while this is my first contract to actually make it through to the ROFR stage... I had a prior contract fall through with a different DVC resale company and had much better communication with them. They were calling and emailing throughout the entire process very quickly. Whereas, with Fidelity it is much slower with response times and I feel like I'm bothering them when I have a question.

Feeling that now :/

Sorry missed this question before. You can request a different title company when your offer is accepted. If you're in ROFR, I think it's too late (but I'm not 100% sure).

Sorry missed this question before. You can request a different title company when your offer is accepted. If you're in ROFR, I think it's too late (but I'm not 100% sure).
Shoot. Yeah, I was thinking I might be too late. Man this DVC resale stuff is stressful. So many factors being thrown at us. Thanks for the info iheartglaciers!

As it turns out, my offer was the one accepted!! There is hope I guess I’m definitely going to request a different title company. First American is the worst!! I’d gladly pay more to never ever use them again...not that I have to... just that I would . On to the ROFR thread :)

As it turns out, my offer was the one accepted!! There is hope I guess I’m definitely going to request a different title company. First American is the worst!! I’d gladly pay more to never ever use them again...not that I have to... just that I would . On to the ROFR thread :)

Congrats!! It’s so interesting about First American being so bad, because aren’t they one of the more expensive title companies?

Congrats!! It’s so interesting about First American being so bad, because aren’t they one of the more expensive title companies?
Yes they sure are! My experience with them was riddled with incompetence from the first communication and only got worse! I’ve had a total of 4 closing companies over the years with zero issues with all of them except FA. It has been over a year since I dealt with them so quite possible they’ve improved. Or that I was just unlucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter