Buying resale from the UK

US banks don't have free banking unless you keep a certain amount in your account. I have a SunTrust account & I have to keep $500 in it for free banking.

Perhaps a credit union instead of a traditional bank makes better sense for this purpose. The highest minimum I've seen for checking, savings, debit card, and online access is $5. You'd have to find out which you're eligible for though. Some have geographic restrictions.

Hello everyone.

I’ve just completed a resale purchase at AKV and my purchase has been officially recorded by the Comptroller. All I’m waiting for now is my membership number and title deeds from Disney. Are there any other UK owners that can give me an idea of how long this final process usually takes? I’m keen to open a DVC members account on the website but obviously until I receive my membership number I can’t do that.

Thanks.

Hello everyone.

I’ve just completed a resale purchase at AKV and my purchase has been officially recorded by the Comptroller. All I’m waiting for now is my membership number and title deeds from Disney. Are there any other UK owners that can give me an idea of how long this final process usually takes? I’m keen to open a DVC members account on the website but obviously until I receive my membership number I can’t do that.

Thanks.

Hi!

I'm in the same boat at the minute also a new AKV resale member. I believe it takes two weeks after recording for the points to appear in the account. They advise on the closing thread on the main boards that after about a week you should get an email from Disney with your one time activation code. You will also be sent out a welcome pack in the post that has your member id. They say that as you need to ring anyway to get your club ID for login that you can also ask them for your membership ID.

I will let you know how I get on as I closed on the 31st May and my deed was recorded on the 3rd June so I'm hoping to get my email from Disney sometime this week.

The waiting game seems to take forever even if the process has been really quick for me. I only made an offer on the 30th April!

Hi!

I'm in the same boat at the minute also a new AKV resale member. I believe it takes two weeks after recording for the points to appear in the account. They advise on the closing thread on the main boards that after about a week you should get an email from Disney with your one time activation code. You will also be sent out a welcome pack in the post that has your member id. They say that as you need to ring anyway to get your club ID for login that you can also ask them for your membership ID.

I will let you know how I get on as I closed on the 31st May and my deed was recorded on the 3rd June so I'm hoping to get my email from Disney sometime this week.

The waiting game seems to take forever even if the process has been really quick for me. I only made an offer on the 30th April!

Brilliant, thanks. So you’re a week in front of me then, I’ll be good to know how long these things take. The steps you’ve got to go through is crazy isn’t it. Offer, deposit, acceptance, ROFR, waiver, contracts, full payment, closing, recording, waiting on Disney, it goes on and on and on!!!

Brilliant, thanks. So you’re a week in front of me then, I’ll be good to know how long these things take. The steps you’ve got to go through is crazy isn’t it. Offer, deposit, acceptance, ROFR, waiver, contracts, full payment, closing, recording, waiting on Disney, it goes on and on and on!!!

Absolutely it's torture but I'd much rather go through this than pay the ridiculous prices direct. I will update you as soon as I hear anything.

Keeping an eye on you guys as just had ours accepted and would like to know what happens with you guys.

I just had my email last night to confirm membership and with the activation link so I'm going to give them a call today to see if I can get my club ID and Membership No before the welcome letter arrives.

I just had my email last night to confirm membership and with the activation link so I'm going to give them a call today to see if I can get my club ID and Membership No before the welcome letter arrives.

Hi Jackie,

So have you now received everything from Disney?

Hi Jackie,

So have you now received everything from Disney?

Still not got my letter in the post but got my membership number and club ID from them last week when I rang. I'm hoping that ill be able to see my points today or tomorrow. I'm really eager to book my stay now.

Still not got my letter in the post but got my membership number and club ID from them last week when I rang. I'm hoping that ill be able to see my points today or tomorrow. I'm really eager to book my stay now.

I’m on day 8 since recording with the Comptroller. I believe you received your email from Disney on day 9? So hopefully I’m not too far away from getting mine too!

I’m on day 8 since recording with the Comptroller. I believe you received your email from Disney on day 9? So hopefully I’m not too far away from getting mine too!

That's right I got my email on the Wednesday and it was the Monday of the previous week that the deed was live.

Just received my email with activation code!!! I’ve finally moved to the last step, receiving my Members ID and Deeds. It’s been a long journey but the final rays of light are shining brightly at the end of the tunnel! 👍

Lovely! Have a smashing time out there. Out if interest, have you received your paperwork from Disney yet?

Yes just a slip of paper to say my membership number and congratulate me. Not sure if we are supposed to get anything more in the post.

Ah right. I assumed we’d get title deeds as it is a deeded purchase.

I got an email with final documents etc from Mason Title last night so I believe that's the rest of what I was expecting to get through. I haven't had chance to look properly but think it's probably the deeds.

I got an email with final documents etc from Mason Title last night so I believe that's the rest of what I was expecting to get through. I haven't had chance to look properly but think it's probably the deeds.

Ah, ok then. I’m away this week but I’m expecting my letter to be there from Disney when I get home tomorrow evening. So I should get an email with the documents from my closing company (Magic Vacation Title) at some point next week, fingers crossed!

It is getting more and more frustrating. I'm thinking about moving my USD to a revolut account and just use their debit card when traveling. Has anyone experience doing this? I would have to pay dues all at once in January instead of monthly paying I've set up with my US bank account, but not a big deal.

I realise this post was a couple of months back but I just wanted to say how happy I am with the Revolut card. I often transfer into dollars when the rate is good (not that it’s ever great these days) and then the dollars sit there until I want to use them, I use it to pay my dues yearly, settle my room account at Disney world and anywhere else I travel. Definitely one of the best exchange rates I have come across.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!