Buying hotel from Universal; tix from Undercover Tourist

SkiTeton

Earning My Ears
Are there any caveats I should know about? I used UCT for WDW a few years back and was able to link them to my Disney account. Can you do that with Universal or do you even need to?

What will be different (other than price) if I don't book a room and ticket package direct from Universal?

No difference. You don’t really link your tickets to your room at Universal.

The only real “link” is that you can charge with your room key and use your room key for EE and EP but you there’s nothing on your room key about your tickets.

What will be different (other than price) if I don't book a room and ticket package direct from Universal?

Nothing. Unless the package has something like breakfast at 3 broomsticks, but those packages generally charge for that, and anyone can have breakfast at 3 broomsticks. :)

It does depend on when you're going. For some dates early next year, Unviersal is offering up to $100 off if you book a hotel & ticket package with them. However, I've noticed that you only need to buy ONE ticket from them to get the package discount, regardless of how many people are in your party. So if you're traveling during that time, you could always buy one ticket from Universal & get the rest from UT.

I got a heck of a deal getting a package through tickets at work at my company. They were taking $100 off the package, giving an additional $100 universal gift card, and then if you choose sapphire falls or Portofino bay, you got another $100 off the package. Prices for the rooms have not changed since I booked so it has worked out.

Do you still get early entry into the parks? I'm assuming it is still valid if you're staying on site, even if you bought the tickets third party.

We're going next month and haven't bought tickets yet but have a room on site already. We'd probably buy tickets through our employer for a corporate discount.

Do you still get early entry into the parks? I'm assuming it is still valid if you're staying on site, even if you bought the tickets third party.

We're going next month and haven't bought tickets yet but have a room on site already. We'd probably buy tickets through our employer for a corporate discount.

Early entry and express have nothing to do with your tickets. They are connected to staying onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!