Buying Deluxe DP in November for June Trip

bwbuddy5

First trips WDW MK 1972, Epcot 1982
I'm sure this is posted some where, but I'm having a heck of a time finding it. My DVC renter is making my reservation for both my room and dining plan this November. Do they go ahead and charge me 2018 dining plan prices? Or, do I pay 2017 prices, and then pay the difference when 2018 prices are in force? Or, do I get the 2017 plan, 2017 prices, but no alcohol?

I'm sure this is posted some where, but I'm having a heck of a time finding it. My DVC renter is making my reservation for both my room and dining plan this November. Do they go ahead and charge me 2018 dining plan prices? Or, do I pay 2017 prices, and then pay the difference when 2018 prices are in force? Or, do I get the 2017 plan, 2017 prices, but no alcohol?

If you're going in 2018, you'll get the 2018 plan. There's no way for point of sale to know the difference.

My guess is, you'll pay whatever the DVC price is for the 2018 plan, which should be the prices we have right now for the 2018 plan. I assume that's why your owner is waiting until Nov, so they have the correct information.

If you're going in 2018, you'll get the 2018 plan. There's no way for point of sale to know the difference.

My guess is, you'll pay whatever the DVC price is for the 2018 plan, which should be the prices we have right now for the 2018 plan. I assume that's why your owner is waiting until Nov, so they have the correct information.

They're actually waiting until November, because I told them to, that's the 7-month window, and availability charts indicate that my 1st choice of room has a 95% chance of still being available (cost savings). And, I won't mind alternates if not available.

Otherwise, everything you said makes sense.

My guess is, you'll pay whatever the DVC price is for the 2018 plan, which should be the prices we have right now for the 2018 plan.

What is the DVC prices for the dining plan? are the different than the normal prices?

What is the DVC prices for the dining plan? are the different than the normal prices?

DVC dining plan gets whatever the price is on Jan 1 for the entire year even if there is a price increase for everyone else. The 2017 plan was locked in at whatever the price was in Jan 2017. I think that was:

QSDP $46.34A $20.18C
DDP $67.33A $24.22C
DxDP $103.57A $37.62C

The 2018 plan should be what we know the 2018 plan is for everyone beginning Jan 1, 2018:

QSDP $52.50A $21.75C
DDP $75.49A $25.75C
DxDP $116.25A $39.99C

However, I am NOT a DVC owner, so please don't hold me to either of these.

thanks! a DVC discount would have been awesome, but price freeze works too. My math was already figured in a the $116.25 adult price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter