Buying APs with Disney GCs

simpilotswife

DIS Veteran
I bought a few Disney GCs to use to buy APs with.

Can I use multiple GCs during checkout?

I saw that I need to take the card that I am using to buy the APs with to pick them up...how does that work for GCs?

I bought a few Disney GCs to use to buy APs with.

Can I use multiple GCs during checkout?

I saw that I need to take the card that I am using to buy the APs with to pick them up...how does that work for GCs?

Consolidate them on disneygiftcard.com (remove the card after consolidating)

Unless Disney has changed it in the last 9 months, you can only use one gift card during your transaction, so you will have to consolidate them as starry_solo stated (max. amount is $1000 you can put on a card, though). You can also buy each AP separately and use one gift card per AP you buy. That is what I did last year buying three for the family. I bought GCs through Target for the 5% discount, then consolidated and bought the APs one at a time on Disney's website, consolidating the GCs after each AP transaction so I always had enough on a GC to cover the whole cost of the AP. (Won't be able to buy an AP using only CGs next time since the APs are now over $1000.)

When I bought my AP at GS they told me I could use up to 3 forms of payment to complete my transaction but that all GC's counted as one form....whew! Many of my GC's had only $50 on them & I was buying 4 APs & had a stack of GCs. But, had there been much issue, I could have stepped out of line & taken a few minutes on my phone to consolidate the GCs down to a few.

When I bought my AP at GS they told me I could use up to 3 forms of payment to complete my transaction but that all GC's counted as one form....whew! Many of my GC's had only $50 on them & I was buying 4 APs & had a stack of GCs. But, had there been much issue, I could have stepped out of line & taken a few minutes on my phone to consolidate the GCs down to a few.

In person? Yeah I've done that before and used my disney rewards too...they wanted the Disney rewards as the last form of payment for somenodd reason.

In person? Yeah I've done that before and used my disney rewards too...they wanted the Disney rewards as the last form of payment for somenodd reason.

OK, I'll take a stab at this one since I use rewards too. The GC's & rewards card have your money on them that are dedicated to Disney but not transferred over to them yet to use. The GC $$ effectively doesn't expire & you might use on future trips or hold 3 years before purchasing a Christmas present. But, the rewards card is on the ticking clock to be used & transfer $$ to Disney. So, if they can keep as much balance on the expiring reward card, you'll be forced to give them that $$$...eventually...or the reward goes away. Forcing you to purchase something online or make another trip or get a movie reward before expiration. But disers would be far to privy to that tactic & know when to stop handing over GC & start using the reward card & use that balance down.

I just renewed my AP a couple of weeks ago. I bought gift cards with my Target Red Card, consolidated them into one card, found out the max amount on one card is $1,000. The renewal price was $1,012. Wasn’t able to renew online, had to call. Was able to use two gift cards for the renewal. Was told I would get an email but never did. Had to call back to get the payment linked to the pass so I was able to make Fasspass+ reservations. Then I received a renewal certificate via UPS.

Yes, I did this back in June. I called and gave them the GC #s over the phone. No problems. Wish I could have done it on the website. I was able to use multiple GCs to pay off our cruise on the website but one GC or DCL glitched and it took 10 days to get it straight But it was all fixed by Disney. ( I paid the $100 with a credit card and then when they figured it out they credited my card back and the cruise was paid in full from the day of the glitch.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter