Buying Annual Gold Pass now

I usually buy an AP every time I have enough Disney rewards $ to do so (as I do now) I'm kind of hesitant though. An AP hardly seems worth it if you can't hop and may not have park access at all. I'm thinking they have to offer some special pricing or promos vs raising prices, right?

Any rumors / guesses / thoughts on what Disney might be doing differently re: tickets / APs / pricing in the short term? Trying to decide if I should buy or hold off.

I don’t think they will increase but I don’t see any specials coming on APs until next year....if at all.

If I buy a Gold AP voucher and assign it to my DD, who is now an official owner, could I transfer back to me if she decide in August not to activate but use the 6 day ticket instead?
If the pass has not been activated, it can be reassigned to someone else in MDE.
fyi, if you assign it to someone with their own MDE account, you cannot reassign the unused pass in your MDE - she will have to do the reassignment in hers (or can call MDE).
Learned this when I reassigned my unused AP to my daughter (her AP expired 5/16, and I was trying to make her FPs during the AP extension period).

fyi, if you assign it to someone with their own MDE account, you cannot reassign the unused pass in your MDE - she will have to do the reassignment in hers (or can call MDE).
Learned this when I reassigned my unused AP to my daughter (her AP expired 5/16, and I was trying to make her FPs during the AP extension period).

Good info. I noticed some old tickets and passes I have no longer showed the ability to reassign and have been wondering about that. My kids created their own MDE accounts on our last trip. Guess that explains it.

Thanks! That part I knew as she has assigned tickets back to me in the past!

Just checking to see if anyone knows the answer to this question. I have some Flex use tickets and would like to apply them to the purchase of a gold AP. Who would I call to do that? MS? WDW tix? WDW AP?

So here's the update. Got on the phone to MS and was the first caller to the CM! I decided to buy the DVC Annual Gold Pass, not the renewal. This way I'll have a new anniversary date starting in November. We've got plans to go in March and again later in the year so I felt it was best to just get the new pass. It is now linked to MDE so when all the procedures are finally in place at WDW, DH and I will have our on site reservations and the linked tickets as well.

So does that mean that if I buy a new AP today, that today will be my anniversary OR my anniversary will be on the first day I use it?

So does that mean that if I buy a new AP today, that today will be my anniversary OR my anniversary will be on the first day I use it?
Under most circumstances, the expiration date for new Annual Passes is set based on first use.

Truly, I would not consider an AP of any sort right now. Ours (from 2019-2020) was robbed with no extension. Until WDW decides what to do with these things? I would wait.

No extension *yet*.
You will get one. They are just figuring out how to sort it out.
Perhaps. My point? It's official when WDW SAYS something... not on twitter, not on FB.... Official channels.

As of 6-11-2020, Our APS, exp May 27 2020 are gone - vanished- "This is a dead Parrot" :).

noextension.jpg

Perhaps. My point? It's official when WDW SAYS something... not on twitter, not on FB.... Official channels.

As of 6-11-2020, Our APS, exp May 27 2020 are gone - vanished- "This is a dead Parrot" :).

View attachment 500452

Did you not get the email from Disney saying that AP would be extended? They removed them from MDE because they expired but if you call the Passholder line they can see them and will tell you that when it is decided how long, your passes will qualify.

Give them a call.

OK, I must have misunderstood MS when I called and renewed mine yesterday that expires on 6/23. I had flashbacks to last year when AP prices went up $150 three weeks before I planned on upgrading three 6 day tickets to AP's. Not that I think they'll raise prices while offering a partial experience, but I wasn't taking a chance. :rotfl2:
You got it all wrong, it is not going to be a "partial experience" it is going to be an "enhanced experience" due to the having to make park reservations and limited capacity. There will be an upcharge for this new experience...…………….

I am in the same boat as some of you. I can't make a decision on purchasing/renewing APs right now. I have rescheduled our original May 2020 trip three times. The latest reservation is for November 2020. If I purchase/renew my APs now, but don't activate them until November 2020 - does that give me a new "renew"date??

Yes that is my question as well...how can they charge/sell an annual pass that is NOT at all what they advertise an annual pass includes? If you buy an annual pass for unlimited access, that means unlimited - not a reservation system, no park hopper, etc. And we STILL don't have a clear understanding of when the clock is ticking - they say they will extend the passes the number of days the park is closed. Does that mean through July11, or July 15? How can that be when the parks aren't fully open?

Lots of questions but very few answers.

At least we are not among those within 30 days of checkin and have no idea what park access will look like. I feel for those nervous nellies....

We have maintained annual passes for the last 8 years....I hope the Disney experience will remain such going forward that we will choose to continue to be Passholders when the time to renew comes around yet again.

And, if we cannot go to a park, at least The Grand isn’t a bad place for a Resort only stay.....

Blessings,

John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter