Buying Annual Gold Pass now

skorpie

Love the magic
So I am currently on the DVC website and decided to try and buy the AP gold pass to use for my November trip and the one we have in March 2021. I also hope to go later in October as well. It seems that I CAN buy a new pass but delivery method is Will call to be picked up after June 4. If I go ahead and purchase it online now, will I have access to the voucher to be able to link it to MDE to eventually get into the parks for the November trip? There was no option to have the voucher sent to my home. Should I g ahead and purchase it anyway? DH has a military ticket that he never used to our March cancelled trip. My AP expired on April 12 and any extension will not make it to November.

Since you have to be logged on to purchase, it will prompt you to assign the pass to a person in your MDE Family & Friends list.

It will be assigned to me but my main concern is having the voucher number now to link it to the MDE account.

I bought a single park ticket for each of us for our Aug trip because I am nervous about the same thing-I plan on upgrading while on our trip. Please let us know if it works out.

Not sure if you bought you AP yet, but you qualify for the renewal date since your expired in April. You have to call member services though. And some cast members don't know you can do that. Just insist and ask to talk to a supervisor if need be. It's definitely available to us.

Not sure if you bought you AP yet, but you qualify for the renewal date since your expired in April. You have to call member services though. And some cast members don't know you can do that. Just insist and ask to talk to a supervisor if need be. It's definitely available to us.
Are they issuing waivers on the 30 day after expiration for renewals?

Are they issuing waivers on the 30 day after expiration for renewals?
Since they were closed, anything that expired March 16 or later technically isn't expired yet because they haven't started the AP clock yet. So it isn't 30 days after expiration yet. :)

Since they were closed, anything that expired March 16 or later technically isn't expired yet because they haven't started the AP clock yet. So it isn't 30 days after expiration yet. :)

I would call MS and check on that if you’re affected, but I don’t believe they are adding onto the original renewal window, just the ultimate expiration date.

I would call MS and check on that if you’re affected, but I don’t believe they are adding onto the original renewal window.
I called and renewed our expired passes a couple days ago. One that expired mid April and was no longer showing on MDE

I called and renewed our expired passes a couple days ago. One that expired mid April and was no longer showing on MDE

OK, I must have misunderstood MS when I called and renewed mine yesterday that expires on 6/23. I had flashbacks to last year when AP prices went up $150 three weeks before I planned on upgrading three 6 day tickets to AP's. Not that I think they'll raise prices while offering a partial experience, but I wasn't taking a chance. :rotfl2:

OK, I must have misunderstood MS when I called and renewed mine yesterday that expires on 6/23. I had flashbacks to last year when AP prices went up $150 three weeks before I planned on upgrading three 6 day tickets to AP's. Not that I think they'll raise prices while offering a partial experience, but I wasn't taking a chance. :rotfl2:
That happened to me also with my DS's AP last year!!

If I buy a Gold AP voucher and assign it to my DD, who is now an official owner, could I transfer back to me if she decide in August not to activate but use the 6 day ticket instead?

So here's the update. Got on the phone to MS and was the first caller to the CM! I decided to buy the DVC Annual Gold Pass, not the renewal. This way I'll have a new anniversary date starting in November. We've got plans to go in March and again later in the year so I felt it was best to just get the new pass. It is now linked to MDE so when all the procedures are finally in place at WDW, DH and I will have our on site reservations and the linked tickets as well.

I would call MS and check on that if you’re affected, but I don’t believe they are adding onto the original renewal window, just the ultimate expiration date.

I called Member Services the night after they made the Announcement, I got nervous because my pass expired 4/29 and my 30 days was almost up. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to renew or buy new for November. I decided to play it safe and renew but the system was frozen. The CM told me I would have the opportunity to renew after the extension. So I’m still up In the air on what to do. I’m worried about this reservation system. I have a 9 night trip and don’t want to be locked out of the parks. Also there will be undoubtedly a price increase.

Everytime I’ve purchased new APs I’ve always gotten an email receipt. I just recently pulled all these receipts to know how I paid so I could watch for a refund since I passed on the renewal. We won’t be going back until 2021.

I usually buy an AP every time I have enough Disney rewards $ to do so (as I do now) I'm kind of hesitant though. An AP hardly seems worth it if you can't hop and may not have park access at all. I'm thinking they have to offer some special pricing or promos vs raising prices, right?

Any rumors / guesses / thoughts on what Disney might be doing differently re: tickets / APs / pricing in the short term? Trying to decide if I should buy or hold off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter