Buying Airline tickets

Don Carnage

Earning My Ears
I am looking for some reasonable prices on airline tickets
Any suggestions on where to purchase them??
Thank you

For years I have been getting the best rates at travelocity.com, if I can't find what I want there I call AAA. Good luck!

First I would check the airlines own website (and sign up for their E-Mail specials). www.iflyswa.com for example will get you SWA.
Second I would try one of the multi-site searches like www.qixo.com or sidestep.
Finally I'd try travelocity and expedia.

Keep in mind the discounted fares for the popular flights (non-stop, morning flights) will sell out first. You should decide which is more important price or scheduling.

Also (if you're renting a car) check the fares into Tampa.

Watch the fares closely.....we use Air tran a lot from the midwest.....also, don't be afraid of Priceline....they can be a very good deal.....I would check lowest fares you can find and then submit dates to Priceline about 30 percent below lowest fare and see what happens...........Also, there is better than a 50/ 50 chance that if you get the lowest fare at 6 PM you could fly standby in the morning for the same price and get there much earlier............fyi NO standby with Priceline, only regular tickets)....Ted

well from where you are are you flexible enough to go out of DCA or IAD as well as BWI? I know usair has often had some specials from BWI that were better than IAD or DCa then I have seen where DCA had the better fares. have you signed up for any of hte fare trackers? what time of year do you plan on traveling? you might want to keep an eye ont he transporation board as air specials are often posted there.

Hi Don, Im from Owings, Md, a little south of Annapolis.
We just booked tickets a few weeks ago through SW/BWI but had to fly into Tampa to get the days/times and saved over $200.00 for four people. Check SW home site, they have a special now about take along a friend for $30.00 but the catch the first person pays almost full fare. But still a little cheaper than the regular fares. I bid a ticket for a friend to JAX, FL on Priceline, he got it 140.00 RT and flew on Delta with a change of planes each way. Spirit air flys out of National with Specials each week, about 150.00 RT to Orlando. I hope this helps.

Definitely keep an eye out for Southwest's Internet specials available only on their website. Super deals, but sometimes you have to be flexible with your travel days because they don't always offer their best prices on busy days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter