"Buy where you want to stay"

So crisi, how are we supposed to fit all that into one neat acronym? :lmao:

I think many of us have been saying the same acronym>>>>>I.D.

IT DEPENDS! :)
Which is a LOT better than a "One size fits everybody" approach. One strategy will never work for everyone.

Though you need to be aware of how long 40 years is for.

We go the second weekend in October. When we first went, they were setting up for F&W, which started the day we flew out.

Two years after we purchased, F&W moved back. The ease which we'd gotten BWV standard view reservations has turned into "lucky you, you got the last room!" (I haven't been calling day by day, and I haven't been calling first thing in the morning - but 11 months out on checkout day about 10 or 11 am).

I'll be doing a jig if I'm still going to Disney at the age of 80! Like I said it's all in the time you chose to go!

I'll be doing a jig if I'm still going to Disney at the age of 80!
You may not have a very accurate opinion of what it is like to be 80 years young! I went with my Dad to WDW for the first time in 2003, when he was 74, and took him on RnRC! He survived it better than I did! Though I like the music better!
That said, I don't worry too much about using my DVC in my 80's. I still think I will want to go to WDW, but I don't consider owning DVC to be a key component to my retirement plan. If I planned well, I will be able to replace it and if I didn't plan well, I probably won't be able to afford the plane fare and tickets that go with it!
-- Suzanne

Well, after reading all of this, I am glad that I bought where I want to stay! I adore where I own. We each have our own taste, I did before DVC and after DVC. I have used the waitlist and have had success with it, even using it within the 6 week period of time and getting a one bedroom at VWL, in a week, in April! I was shocked and very pleased!

You may not have a very accurate opinion of what it is like to be 80 years young! I went with my Dad to WDW for the first time in 2003, when he was 74, and took him on RnRC! He survived it better than I did! Though I like the music better!
That said, I don't worry too much about using my DVC in my 80's. I still think I will want to go to WDW, but I don't consider owning DVC to be a key component to my retirement plan. If I planned well, I will be able to replace it and if I didn't plan well, I probably won't be able to afford the plane fare and tickets that go with it!
-- Suzanne

I'm just going off family history and how I feel now at 40! I'll be extremely happy if I make it to 80 and can still go to Disney!

I don't think that will be the effect. In fact, I think the effect will be just the opposite. You will have a larger pool of owners competing for the small resorts -- especially BCV during F&W and VWL during the holidays. And I think it's likely that DVC has built their last <200 unit property.

I think the only thing that will take the heat off the smaller resorts is making them bigger. They have room to expand VWL, but I'm not sure about BCV.

I totally agree. I think it's why we see them tearing down part of the old CR to build a BIGGER DVC than could have been possible without some destruction of what existed. I expect we will see some of the same if they ever decide to add DVC to GF or the Poly. In fact, it's one the reasons I seriously doubt we will ever see DVC/Poly or DVC/GF. There just isn't enough room at those resorts to add a larger DVC short of making the entire property DVC! We did hear rumors a couple weeks ago when we were touring the AKV models, that there is a long range plan for DVC at all the WDW deluxe resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter