Butts in the Park

I wonder if ya'll have seen romphims in the wild...let's just say that religious decisions in childhood are often very easily discerned. And that can be at the coffee shop I'm at right now, or at 8 in the morning. Maybe I'll see some next week at WDW! I'll report back:)
LOL Oh of course you would mention the RompHims! I think they are adorable. There are no styles in the fabric patterns that my DH likes (yet) and so he has agreed to wear any RompHim that I make, probably from swim trunks and a Hawaiian print shirt in XXL...

And RompHims might be a little short in the shorts department, but they really aren't immodest unless you forget to tuck and zip after using the bathroom LOL

I just have to interject that I love that this thread is still going. Such a hot button topic that has zero to do with the Happiest Place on Earth. Thank you :)

*turns on Sir Mix-a-Lot really loud* Butt! It IS the Happiest Place On Earth! ;) Cuz we all keep going BACK! ;)

LOL Oh of course you would mention the RompHims! I think they are adorable. There are no styles in the fabric patterns that my DH likes (yet) and so he has agreed to wear any RompHim that I make, probably from swim trunks and a Hawaiian print shirt in XXL...

And RompHims might be a little short in the shorts department, but they really aren't immodest unless you forget to tuck and zip after using the bathroom LOL

The Romphims I've seen in the wild were SUPER tight. Like, whoa buddy, tight. Please, please, post pics of what you make. I love this stuff!

I think the whole short shorts debate is silly. Honestly who cares? well, I guess some people do but I don't care what other people wear because they bought the clothes and well, it's none of my business. The only clothing problem I have is when people think it's "Cool" to wear offensive shirts with the "F" word or the "P" word on it in BOLD letters and I have to explain to my kids how it's a bad word and not to say it and that people that wear that kind of stuff are losers and are trying to get attention.

Zombie post!

But in all seriousness, I was shocked, SHOCKED when I went to Typhoon Lagoon and there were men and boys everywhere with NO SHIRTS ON. You could see their nipples! What were they thinking, exposing their bare skin like that!?! Don't they know some creepy person could be ogling them?

This isn't about forcing women to hide their anatomies. I myself am a woman and don't feel as though I should have to change my clothing because a man can't learn to be respectful. But, I will say that during my week in the parks, I have to agree, the standards have become a lot more lax. I said the F word on a shirt. I cuss like a sailor, so I wasn't offended, but lets remember, no matter WHO loves Disney, this isn't an adult park. This is a family park. I also saw a fair share of butt cheeks. I'm not kidding, it was almost as if people were coming to the parks in their underwear. I'm not sure what the solution is, but cmon.

I've never seen any butt cheek shorts at Disney or t shirts with profanity (OK I don't recall reading any t-shirts, LOL).
Have seen the shorts worn by tourists at the WTC though.
Since they weren't related to me I dinna really care.
However if they were related I'd consider it an invitation to kick them.

Zombie post!

But in all seriousness, I was shocked, SHOCKED when I went to Typhoon Lagoon and there were men and boys everywhere with NO SHIRTS ON. You could see their nipples! What were they thinking, exposing their bare skin like that!?! Don't they know some creepy person could be ogling them?
OMG I didn't even see the date :rotfl:

Op here...can’t believe this thread is still here after a year. We just got back from another trip. While there were a lot of short shorts, I didn’t see anything like the near-thong like shorts I saw on a teenager last time! Hopefully this fashion trend has passed and we can all get back to arguing about using bubbles in lines and discussing the latest rumors from bus drivers.

Funny thing is these parents of the young girl showing the butt cheek would be furious if they caught some man young or old staring and taking pics but yet they let her out of the house?? Ugh I just think some things should be left to the imagination especially with some many young kids around.

Funny thing is these parents of the young girl showing the butt cheek would be furious if they caught some man young or old staring and taking pics but yet they let her out of the house?? Ugh I just think some things should be left to the imagination especially with some many young kids around.
I can only hope/assume they sneak out the house or change their clothing in a restaurant/train station/friends home and parents don't know. See how no matter how old you get you remember how to accomplish teenage stuff?:lmao:.

I used to do that with navy blue lipstick but the mother nevah had to worry about me wearing short anything. She had a hard enough time getting me out of maxi skirts.

Just got back and I guess I'm old-fashioned, but so was shocked at the newest style - young women wearing shorts with literally half of their butt cheek sticking out of the bottom. We had a particularly awkward time at a character meal when a young woman (could not have been 18 yet) had a good portion of the bottom of her butt cheeks hanging out of her shorts. Every time she got up to meet a character, we had to see half of her butt. This was very awkward due to her age and the fact that I needed to be careful to keep her out of the background of my shots. Apparently, this is not against the WDW dress code. I guess I am out of touch of what is considered acceptable in a family park. I wish Disney would start enforcing some guidelines, particularly in restaurants. We also had to go to security because my kid learned the "f" word from someone's shirt.

All in all, it was a great visit, but please check the shorts on your 15-year old daughters. It just seems very creepy to me that someone would be standing like that in line right in front of older men.
I just got back from WDW and I have the exact same thoughts. I saw what appeared to be a teenage girl walking into the Animal Kingdom with what appeared to be her mom and dad. Her “shorts” were so tight and short that they might as well have been panties or a swimsuit bottom. I don’t understand why that’s appropriate attire outside of the water parks. I also don’t understand why her parents are cool with the whole world seeing her butt. My parents wouldn’t have let me walk around in public like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter