Butts in the Park

I think they should have someone with a ruler measuring the inseam on any pair of shorts questioned by another guest.

I nominate you to head up the new department. Here's your badge to show you're official... :D :magnify:

fashion-police-badge.jpg

Funny story: I almost got thrown out of Holiday World in Indiana for my exposed mid-drift (and I'm a mom of six) because they are super conservative there in southern Indiana. As far as the fashion police at Disney, good luck. That's right up there with getting other parents to actually mind their little angels. ;)

It's an interesting debate.
I mean, everyone should wear what they are comfortable in. (Comments such as "that person should have looked in a mirror" bother me, because, what if they are perfectly happy with how they look, why should they not be because they don't conform to your ideal?)
But, on the other hand, it should be remembered that Disney is a public, and family oriented place. This shouldn't hugely restrict people's clothing choices, but, it might make people think. Such a huge amount of photos are taken at WDW, and I know I would feel uncomfortable if I accidentally had, in the background of my family snap, a potentially underage person showing "part of their body usually covered by swimming costume or underwear" (which is the definition used to teach children which parts constitute inappropriate touching, and includes the buttocks) just because, I would not want to share that picture. Maybe it is the safeguarding training coming out, but, it would make me uncomfortable.
At some point you have to give up on trying to protect people that simply don't want to be protected.

If a parent allows their child to wear clothing, in public, that exposes that child, then they know that the child may end up in pictures.

I am not going to worry about people in the background of my pictures. Sorry, I am just not going to.

It's an interesting debate.
I mean, everyone should wear what they are comfortable in. (Comments such as "that person should have looked in a mirror" bother me, because, what if they are perfectly happy with how they look, why should they not be because they don't conform to your ideal?)
But, on the other hand, it should be remembered that Disney is a public, and family oriented place. This shouldn't hugely restrict people's clothing choices, but, it might make people think. Such a huge amount of photos are taken at WDW, and I know I would feel uncomfortable if I accidentally had, in the background of my family snap, a potentially underage person showing "part of their body usually covered by swimming costume or underwear" (which is the definition used to teach children which parts constitute inappropriate touching, and includes the buttocks) just because, I would not want to share that picture. Maybe it is the safeguarding training coming out, but, it would make me uncomfortable.
You need to learn to clone stamp in Photoshop or Lightroom.

I just had another thought, a person you may think is a teenager may in fact be a 20 something year old. Myself and many of my friends dont look our age, we all look about 10 years younger. So for example when we were 24 / 25 many people might have thought we were 15 / 16

So clothes which some may think is inappropriate attire for a 15 / 16 year may in fact be worn by a 20 something year old

I just had another thought, a person you may think is a teenager may in fact be a 20 something year old. Myself and many of my friends dont look our age, we all look about 10 years younger. So for example when we were 24 / 25 many people might have thought we were 15 / 16

So clothes which some may think is inappropriate attire for a 15 / 16 year may in fact be worn by a 20 something year old
Honestly, I think the style looks trashy regardless of age. I don't think there's much Disney can do about it but that doesn't mean I like it.

I don't understand how women can wear these. The frontal wedgie would drive me crazy!

I don't they expect to wear them for long.:rolleyes1

The comments which basically say people are too fat to wear this or that, that I think is shameful. If someone is comfortable in a thong by the pool, have at it. We don't need to be body shaming people. I'm no skinny minne and I wouldn't like any of you to judge me for wearing shorts because my legs are larger than toothpicks.

In a somewhat related topic, has anyone seen someone not admitted to one of the nicer TS (California Grill, Narcoossee's) due to their attire? Because I have always brought nicer clothing to wear to these places, but I have seen jeans and t-shirts even though the dress code says otherwise.

I also don't know what Disney should do about enforcing a dress code in the parks because I haven't actually seen them enforce one, period.

Honestly, I think the style looks trashy regardless of age. I don't think there's much Disney can do about it but that doesn't mean I like it.

Same here. I am not saying there is a real way for Disney to enforce it. I just think it is inappropriate but it is none of my business and I just go on with my day.

I'm sorry, but some of this thread makes me laugh with the comments:)
I can remember wearing "daisy dukes" and halter tops when I was younger! Now I look back on that in shame! How could I wear such a get up?
Anyway, love this thread. Personally? I just look, chuckle, and move on:)

Same here! I love to people watch and they do provide some entertainment :)

I don't they expect to wear them for long.:rolleyes1

The comments which basically say people are too fat to wear this or that, that I think is shameful. If someone is comfortable in a thong by the pool, have at it. We don't need to be body shaming people. I'm no skinny minne and I wouldn't like any of you to judge me for wearing shorts because my legs are larger than toothpicks.

Personally it has zero to do with weight for me. I just think they are inappropriate anywhere. Guess I am an old fuddy duddy but I have been more conservative all of my life. The outfits my daughter leaves the house in to go to a club or out with friends give me anxiety :) My daughters are not like me. They are adult and it is really none of my business.

In a somewhat related topic, has anyone seen someone not admitted to one of the nicer TS (California Grill, Narcoossee's) due to their attire? Because I have always brought nicer clothing to wear to these places, but I have seen jeans and t-shirts even though the dress code says otherwise.

I also don't know what Disney should do about enforcing a dress code in the parks because I haven't actually seen them enforce one, period.

The only time I've heard of it is Victoria and Alberts. Everywhere else it seems to be more of a suggestion than an actual dress code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter