But Did You Die? A December 2019 TR *COMPLETE 12/13*

Seems like a pretty good travel day! Those lines don't sound like they were very fun, but it seems like your boys handled them alright!

All that waiting around is so hard- especially when you are SO CLOSE to paradise! I can't wait to hear what you thought of your Yacht Club room. I hope it exceeded your expectations!

(PS- I had my WORST Magical Express experiences staying at a Deluxe resort, and none while staying Value... I was feeling snobbish that it shouldn't be that way- but for those prices, it shouldn't be that way! LOL)

Off to a smooth start! Waiting for DME to get to the hotel is always the worst, everyone is so antsy and it always feels like it takes forever!

Following along!

40 minutes??! That does seem long to me also. And it always feels longer with kids in tow. 😂

That's a good deal!
It really was, I couldn't pass it up.

:rotfl::rotfl:It's a fashion statement.
I guess I'm not up on the latest trends, it was a matter of time before the boys were cooler than me. :rotfl2:

I loved that movie!
Me too, it was so cute.

Seems like a pretty good travel day! Those lines don't sound like they were very fun, but it seems like your boys handled them alright!
They did as well as expected with how little sleep they were on.

All that waiting around is so hard- especially when you are SO CLOSE to paradise! I can't wait to hear what you thought of your Yacht Club room. I hope it exceeded your expectations!
It was a long wait, but worth it.

(PS- I had my WORST Magical Express experiences staying at a Deluxe resort, and none while staying Value... I was feeling snobbish that it shouldn't be that way- but for those prices, it shouldn't be that way! LOL)
It may be snobby, but I agree. The buses never stopped coming for the values, but the deluxes only got a bus every 20 minutes. With the cost of a deluxe over a value it was very annoying.

Following along :)
Welcome :wave2:

Off to a smooth start! Waiting for DME to get to the hotel is always the worst, everyone is so antsy and it always feels like it takes forever!
Definitely a perk we miss about renting a car, we just hop in the car and go. But it wasn't so bad.

Wow, I can’t Believe I’m In Epcot

Yacht Club was the second stop, and I was so ready to just be there already. The lobby was all decked out for Christmas with the tree and the train set.

We went straight to our room, which was 4114. It was all the way at the end of the hallway, but since the resort isn’t that big, it didn’t feel super long. And I have to say, I am SO GLAD, I did not get my room request. Our room was amazing.

We had a corner room, which meant it is was massive. I checked out my parents, and brother’s room and we had at least 3 more feet of width, and probably 6 feet of length to our room. Plus we had two extra windows, beyond just our balcony door. I will always request a corner room now.

We immediately got changed into our bathing suits and went in search of some lunch. We went with Hurricane Hannah’s since I knew the boys would want the buckets to play in the sand with.

I got a chicken sandwich and fries, which I devoured because I was so hungry. It wasn’t anything special, but I needed it.

The fries were seasoned waffle fries, which I hated but everyone else loved.

After lunch, we spent the next hour the sand bar part of Stormalong Bay. It was very peaceful there, letting the boys just play and Joe and I soaking up the warmth. Once we had thoroughly entered vacation mode, we went back to the room. Our luggage had arrived, and we all got dressed for the evening.

We had a few FPs at Epcot before our dinner, so we did something that I became quite accustomed to over the course of the trip, and we walked to Epcot.

This was actually our first time going bagless and stroller-less in the park with the boys. N was a trooper, about halfway to our walk to our destination, he said he had to go to the bathroom. So we hoofed it over to the SE bathroom, and when he saw SE come into view, he says, “Wow, I can’t believe I’m in Ecpot”.:lovestruc

Our first FP of the day was at Spaceship Earth. There was a teensy wait, so I took a picture of the boys and their cute outfits.

Joe was very proud of this photo of the SE mural, it is now the background of his phone.

This was the first time that C and J could ride alone together, so they jumped at the chance.

I got to ride with N. He was so excited.

Even though this was N's 5th trip, he didn’t remember SE, and he reacted to everything. He kept saying wow to all the animatronics, it truly made my heart happy.

After SE, we had a FP for Test Track. N was very happy in his Pluto hat.

N was a little mad, because he still expected to be able to drive his creation, but I think we got him okay with it by the time we got to the design center. C and J created our car.

N created the one for him and Joe.

All the boys enjoyed there first thrill ride of the trip. And we even had a little time to play in the after ride area.

Our last FP of the night was for Mission Space. We knew we were cutting it pretty close to dinner, but I though we could make it. We hung around the ride entrance, so we could scan in five minutes early. The boys loved checking everything out.

I rode with C, and he took his piloting job very seriously.

C and I jumped the line when they were looking for a party of two, so he got to play in the post-show area, for a few minutes while we waited for the rest of our group.

When N got off he was so excited to tell me how he got to be pilot. All the boys were very into this ride, it made me very excited to take them on MF:SR.

Last edited:
I love your room! It looks HUGE!
Glad you got to enjoy Stormalong Bay for a bit.
I love using the back entrance to EPCOT. Which version of Mission Space did you take the boys on?

Your family is so adorable! I am a fellow mama of three boys and they grow up way too fast. Enjoy every minute of those wild and crazy years. :) Our last family trip was at Yacht Club too and we just loved it, such a great resort! Your room is lovely!

Parents night sounds like a great deal! I'm glad you took advantage of it!

It’s hard to read, but it says chaos coordinator.

:rotfl:

An appropriate "traveling to Disney with your family" shirt if I ever saw one!

I was sad to see the old Mickey and park icons gone though.

Oh, really?! That does make me sad! I got a picture of that display every time I passed it on my way to Disney World!

Your room at Yacht Club looks lovely! I'm so glad you didn't get your requests! :goodvibes

I always tend to start my trips in Epcot - it's such a great place to get dinner! I'm so glad the boys (and you!) enjoyed their first attractions so much. It must've been quite bizarre to travel into a park without bags AND without a stroller! How freeing!

Glad you got such a great room! Sounds like a fun time at the pool and an awesome start at Epcot. The boys' outfits are so cute!

I love your room! It looks HUGE!
Glad you got to enjoy Stormalong Bay for a bit.
I love using the back entrance to EPCOT. Which version of Mission Space did you take the boys on?
It was so big, we could definitely use the space though. We went green side, I don't think I can trust the boys to look straight ahead and not get motion sick on the orange side. 🤮

Your family is so adorable! I am a fellow mama of three boys and they grow up way too fast. Enjoy every minute of those wild and crazy years. :) Our last family trip was at Yacht Club too and we just loved it, such a great resort! Your room is lovely!
Thank you! I do try to remind myself of that when they're driving me up a wall.

An appropriate "traveling to Disney with your family" shirt if I ever saw one!
Right? But also pretty much every day of my life.

Oh, really?! That does make me sad! I got a picture of that display every time I passed it on my way to Disney World!
Yes, now it this massive changing screen, currently displaying backrounds from Galaxy's Edge.

Your room at Yacht Club looks lovely! I'm so glad you didn't get your requests! :goodvibes
Me too, never thought I'd think that,

I always tend to start my trips in Epcot - it's such a great place to get dinner! I'm so glad the boys (and you!) enjoyed their first attractions so much. It must've been quite bizarre to travel into a park without bags AND without a stroller! How freeing!
It was incredibly freeing, it was just for the night because we were there such a short time. It does give me something to look forward to when we're 100% stroller free.

Glad you got such a great room! Sounds like a fun time at the pool and an awesome start at Epcot. The boys' outfits are so cute!
Thank you, C's shirt was little small, but I'm glad I got one more use out of them.

I'm glad you liked your room location! Our last stay at YC we arrived around 11pm and our room was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy at the end, like the closest room to Hollywood Studios lol. We were only there 2 nights before moving to WL but there were lots of long walks those 2 days! Chris loves SAB though.

he fries were seasoned waffle fries, which I hated but everyone else loved.
Ooh I think I'd like these!
“Wow, I can’t believe I’m in Ecpot”.:lovestruc
That's adorable :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!