Buses to the parks from Animal Kingdom Lodge?

@maryj11 We just had a great four day stay at AKL, which was a return visit after staying there for the first time in January. We never seemed to wait more than 10 minutes to get a bus to or from AKL. One thing I would note is that the bus to AKL stopped at Kidani first every time. Generally, this is not a big deal but on one trip there was a particularly long stop to let riders with equipment on and off to the soundtrack of toddler meltdown. If I'd realized at that time how close it was between Kidani and Jambo House, I would have walked--that path is easy, I just didn't know where it was at the time.

Buses to AKL seemed more frequent than to other destinations, based on numbers of people waiting at other stops at Epcot at park closing. We were almost front of the line when we arrived so I'm guessing that a bus had just been there, and a bus arrived within 5 minutes. There was a major jam up at the POR stop, which concerns me because I'll be staying there in December (unless some amazing deal comes by).

I'd also note that the construction at AKL was well concealed and the noise levels were reasonable.

@maryj11 We just had a great four day stay at AKL, which was a return visit after staying there for the first time in January. We never seemed to wait more than 10 minutes to get a bus to or from AKL. One thing I would note is that the bus to AKL stopped at Kidani first every time. Generally, this is not a big deal but on one trip there was a particularly long stop to let riders with equipment on and off to the soundtrack of toddler meltdown. If I'd realized at that time how close it was between Kidani and Jambo House, I would have walked--that path is easy, I just didn't know where it was at the time.

Buses to AKL seemed more frequent than to other destinations, based on numbers of people waiting at other stops at Epcot at park closing. We were almost front of the line when we arrived so I'm guessing that a bus had just been there, and a bus arrived within 5 minutes. There was a major jam up at the POR stop, which concerns me because I'll be staying there in December (unless some amazing deal comes by).

I'd also note that the construction at AKL was well concealed and the noise levels were reasonable.
Thanks for reporting back! Yes, if I see an ECV planning to unload at Kidani I just hop off there and walk down to Jambo.

Good to hear! Where is the path from Jambo to Kidani? We do have a reservation at Sanaa. It might come in handy if we have bus trouble or for our reservation .

Good to hear! Where is the path from Jambo to Kidani? We do have a reservation at Sanaa. It might come in handy if we have bus trouble or for our reservation .

Here is a link to a youtube video of the REVERSE route. Hope it helps.

We’ve stayed at AKL our past two times at Disney and loved it. The only time we almost had an issue was last visit when the MK bus got delayed for some reason and a crowd started building up and we narrowly squeezed our way onto the bus.

But other than that I’ve never had an issue. It’s probably my favorite resort. I’d stay there every time if it was up to me.

But this year my daughter wanted to stay at AoA, so I conceded.

We've also just come back from 10 days at AKL and echo all the other comments about having no issues with bus transport. On the MDE app you can see the bus times from resort to parks, so we always arrived at the bus stop just in time for the bus.

I just wanted to know what to expect. We have hoppers and just thought about how everyone says AKL is so far away from everything.
We plan to go to a park in the morning then take a resort break and go back in the evening. Is this a bad idea with staying at AKL? What is your experiences with the buses there?
Having stayed there twice. I think the only long bus ride is to MK, probably about 25 minutes. But it is all relative - you figure someone at a MK area resort would also have a long bus ride to AK. The rides to Epcot and HS are probably around 15 minutes. It can help lower your wait time if you utilize the MDE app. When you are at your resort you will be able to see the approximate arrival time for the next bus. Of course with traffic etc sometimes the wait times do get longer than stated.

I feel we are less concerned about time when on vacation so we plan accordingly and when we hop on the bus to MK we don't really care that it will be a 25 minute ride (it doesn't feel that long). We aren't driving, we can relax and we will just magically get transported to the MK.

Please what is kinani
Kidani Village is the building next door to Jambo House at AKL. Jambo House is the original building and Kidani Village is the newer building. Kidani Village is all DVC villas, but anyone can book there either on DVC points (DVC is Disney's version of a timeshare) or cash through Disney Reservation Center. Both JH and KV have their own savannas.

Kidani Village is the building next door to Jambo House at AKL. Jambo House is the original building and Kidani Village is the newer building. Kidani Village is all DVC villas, but anyone can book there either on DVC points (DVC is Disney's version of a timeshare) or cash through Disney Reservation Center. Both JH and KV have their own savannas.
How far of a walk is it between Miami village and Jambo House? Does it take long? Thank you so much for your help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter