Buses to the parks from Animal Kingdom Lodge?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to know what to expect. We have hoppers and just thought about how everyone says AKL is so far away from everything.
We plan to go to a park in the morning then take a resort break and go back in the evening. Is this a bad idea with staying at AKL? What is your experiences with the buses there?

I just wanted to know what to expect. We have hoppers and just thought about how everyone says AKL is so far away from everything.
We plan to go to a park in the morning then take a resort break and go back in the evening. Is this a bad idea with staying at AKL? What is your experiences with the buses there?
AKL is no further away from MK or Epcot than many moderate or value resorts. It takes 15-20 minutes to get to those parks from AKL. When we stayed there, waits for buses were short.

When we stayed at Kidani Village, it took us about 13 minutes to get to Epcot from the time we left the resort. DHS might be a bit shorter. AK is quick.

We've only had one issue, and that was leaving MK early afternoon heading back to AKL. They told us the delay was due to an accident causing traffic to be backed up. Otherwise it's been the same as any resort.

You can have ‘bad’ bus experiences at any resort on any given Disney day.

With the exception of no walkable access to a park or other resorts, I have not found AKL’s location/transportation to be any more or less convenient/annoying/problematic when compared to other deluxe resort options. The price is usually reflective of its lack of other transportation options, so I’m good with that too! :-)

We probably hop a little less when there, but that has more to do with the fact we enjoy AKL and like to spend time around the resort and less to do with transportation.

We've only had one issue, and that was leaving MK early afternoon heading back to AKL. They told us the delay was due to an accident causing traffic to be backed up. Otherwise it's been the same as any resort.
Was that the one where they were working on the road and a vehicle hit one of the sign poles causing it to fall across the road? Maybe a few years ago? We were trying to get to the MK that day.

Was that the one where they were working on the road and a vehicle hit one of the sign poles causing it to fall across the road? Maybe a few years ago? We were trying to get to the MK that day.

I don't know...don't think so though. It was in June of 2017.

We've not had any bad experience with taking the buses at AKL. What is nice is that it only goes to Jambo House and Kidani Village so you don't have to stop at a lot of other resorts. We occasionally went back to the room in the middle of the day for pool time or just to relax.

We've stayed at AKL twice and visit every trip to eat at Boma and we've yet to have a bad experience with transportation. In our experiences, it's taken maybe 5 extra minutes to get around compared to other resorts. AKL is sort of isolated, but not so much that it takes a lot of extra time getting to the parks. Have a great trip :).

We were there in September and used only Disney busses. The distance had been a small concern of time too when I booked but I was pleasantly surprised. It did not seem like we waited any longer for busses to arrive at the resort or that it took a lot of extra time to get from place to place.

This is good to hear! We are staying there July 3-6 and actually only going to MK for 2 days after a cruise. Originally were going to do a monorail resort, but then Disney came out with the summer discounts and we save $600 by staying at AKL instead. It is our first onsite and I was worried about the perceived distance and isolation...

We love the AKL itself but have always had bad luck with buses while staying there. Longest waits of any resort, by far, in our experience. I much prefer being able to walk to at least one park, which all the other deluxe resorts offer as an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter