Buses at Car. Beach Resort ?

markm0926

Cast Member
Can anyone elaborate on the Disney Bus transportation at The Carribean Beach Resort ? Is there one bus stop for all the different villages? Or does each village have their own bus stop? Do the buses stop at all the villages before heading to the parks?

Thanks in advance!!!

I can only tell you that when we stayed there in Nov. of 2000 the bus service was awful. Yes, they stop at each island before heading off to the parks. The resort is beautiful and we loved it but won't stay there again because of the bus transportation.

I stayed there in 97 and found the bus service to be very good. They do stop at each village so there isn't much of a walk to the bus stop. There can be a significant walk to the food court area from some of the buildings.

Bob

We have stayed at the CBR several times and have always found the bus service to be great. That is one of the reasons we like it. We enjoy the fact that they have a bus stop at each village, thus cutting down on the number of people waiting for the bus. Also, some busses start at Martinique and some at Jamaica so they spread out the load a bit. Our last stay was Labor Day 2002. Also, I think that overall, the bus service has improved in the past couple of years. They generally do a better job of monitoring the level of use and respond to peak loads better than they did two or three years ago. Have a great time.

Maybe Tyler over on the Transportation boards could give you a good answer. He's probably sleeping or driving at the moment. He's given lots of us great info regarding the bus service. Are you out there Tyler????? aka chip n dale express

We were there this summer and the transportation was great. The longest we had to wait was 10 minutes and that was on an extremely stormy day. I never had a problem with the transportation. There is a bus stop at every village and in front of the food court. There is an internal bus that you can take anywhere, and also can be dropped off in front of the fodd court.

We were there over spring break last year. the busses ran very consistently and we never waited more than 15 minutes or so (that's if we just missed the prior bus). However, be aware that because each village has it's own bus stop you may be on the bus for quite a while loading and unloading the other bus stops. It's not a huge issue but does take some time. We much preferred POFQ with just one bus stop. :D

We were there last April over Easter and only once encountered a longer wait but then again when you've got somewhere to be it usually does seems like a long time!LOL

We are going back there in 8 days! We love the resort. Can't wait to get back!

Scratch
:smooth:

I've stayed at CBR twice in the last 2 years and both times the bus transportation was excellent.

It's true that the buses do stop at each village bus stop but this only takes a matter of minutes and was a non-issue for us. I guess we're so happy to be at Disney World that we don't mind a couple of minutes of driving around the resort anyway :) Especially on the way back to the resort at night, it's a great way to unwind a bit before getting back to your room :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter